Witcher 1 Save import

+
Witcher 1 Save import

Hello, I just finished Witcher 1, and started Withcer 2 by doing import of a save game. In Witcher 1 I picked Shani over Triss, but in the intro sequence of Witcher 2, Gerald is sleeping with Triss. Does this mean my save import failed? Or is this expected behavior regardless of the choice in Witcher 1? Also, is there a way to verify that the Save import worked?

Thanks for your help!

Only certain choices in the saves affect the story. Some things are fixed, no matter what save you choose. So that it is indeed the expected outcome. You can verify that the save import worked, if you have some equipment from TW1. For instance Raven's armor and Aerondight is a good example.

Last edited:
alexoum;n9214091 said:
Hello, I just finished Witcher 1, and started Withcer 2 by doing import of a save game. In Witcher 1 I picked Shani over Triss, but in the intro sequence of Witcher 2, Gerald is sleeping with Triss. Does this mean my save import failed? Or is this expected behavior regardless of the choice in Witcher 1? Also, is there a way to verify that the Save import worked?

In this particular case, the only difference the save import makes is that you get an explanation in the journal about how Geralt's relationship with Shani ended between the two games. So, if you have the journal entry about Shani that is quoted below, then the save import technically worked, although it is obviously a disappointing outcome that received some criticism.
Shani

Some of you have surely heard the rumors about the relationship that bloomed between the young medic Shani and Geralt. I hasten to inform you that they are all true. I consider Shani a friend both true and old. We go back to the days when I lectured in minstrelsy at Oxenfurt University, and I was the one to introduce her to the witcher. Upon Geralt's return to the living, they were reunited in Vizima, where the red-haired medic competed with Triss Merigold for Geralt's heart. She emerged victorious from the rivalry. The flame of their romance blazed bright, but it burned out quickly. Though a very young woman, Shani proved more mature than the witcher, who had always found relationships puzzling and difficult. Geralt would dodge his obligations towards her, preferring instead to pursue the missions King Foltest assigned him. The medic quickly realized this flour would yield no bread. She had a serious conversation with the witcher, and they parted amicably. Shani accepted an offer to teach at Oxenfurt and left for that city, whereas Geralt followed Foltest to the lands of the La Valettes. After splitting with Shani, the witcher needed comforting and quickly found solace in Triss Merigold's arms.

Last edited:
Top Bottom