Witcher 1 Screenshots Thread

+
Witcher 1 Screenshots Thread

When I was replaying the Prologue for the umpteenth time, while testing a mod I was making (the Book of All Knowledge), I got to the part where Vesemir gives Geralt his armor and sword, and Geralt drops the nasty old rusty sword that he's been using.

Only, in my game, the rusty sword dropped in a strange way:

I used Photoshop to make the picture somewhat smaller and to brighten it a bit, but I didn't change anything about the position of the sword -- that just happened. Owwww.

So, show me YOUR screenshot from TW1.

Guest 2081505

Corylea said:
Only, in my game, the rusty sword dropped in a strange way:

:rolleyes:

Every now and then Geralt has some problems with his sword - especially if he is in a bad temper.

MaxStrauss said:
Every now and then Geralt has some problems with his sword - especially if he is in a bad temper.
Oh, my! Yes, that's definitely bad. Great face to go along with the position of the sword, though. :D Kinda fun to have one's graphical glitches working together to produce unintentional humor.

Thanks for those pictures, EskiMoe. There was an awful lot of beauty in TW1.

Corylea said:
Thanks for those pictures, EskiMoe. There was an awful lot of beauty in TW1.
What CDPR managed to do with old Aurora engine is truly remarkable. I often felt like I was inside some beautiful oil painting when I watched some of those lakeside vistas :)

But anyways, moar screens:

eskiMoe said:
What CDPR managed to do with old Aurora engine is truly remarkable.
True, although it wasn't actually all that old by the time they got done with it; I'm sure an old Witcher hand like yourself knows that they re-wrote something like 75% of the Aurora engine. No wonder they were able to make the Red engine by the time they were done.

I often felt like I was inside some beautiful oil painting when I watched some of those lakeside vistas :)
Some of the scenery in TW1 was just stunningly beautiful. And they managed to do a lot with light, too; I wanted to spend a lot of time in the Fields, just to enjoy the beautiful golden sunshine.

But anyways, moar screens:
You've managed to get some breathtaking shots! I'm always so focused on what I'm trying to accomplish that I sometimes forget to pause on the bridge and look at the scenery. Look like you don't have that problem. Thanks for sharing them with us.

I remember when I was making the cutscenes for MP2, I was using the Dike area for a shot of Radovid and Adda fishing. While I was poking around in the Dike area, I saw a beautiful vista that I'd never seen before. I don't know if you can't really see it from inside TW1 or if I just didn't notice. But I made sure to frame that vista behind Radovid and Adda, so people who like that sort of thing could see it.

Even after all this time, I still discover stuff. *shakes head* That shows just how MUCH they put into TW1.

EskiMoe, con.grats for this pictures. I almost forget that the W1 has beautifull landscapes. I think, the CDPR made a much better job with the earlyer version of the Aurora engine than Bioware made in the Dragon Age (I suppose the W1 much better game than DA)

MOAAAAARRRRRR!!!

Someone post screens from Act V if you can. For some reason I have zero screenshots from Old Vizima/Swamp Cemetery :/

Top Bottom