Witcher 2 Dark mode gear (my first run through)

+
Meeting Iorveth at the ruins puts you into the Act I endgame, so finish the incense quest. The incense dealer sells Virga, and Fioravanti sells Gadwall; these are potions that become very powerful with Catalysis. 6,000 orens is a good haul for Act I. Leaves you in a good position to acquire the Oathbreaker set early in Act II.

Ya that was my plan, though I'll have more than that when i eventually sell off some extra stuff (still have like 150+ nekkar claws / teeth, as well as 50-75 of most of the other mob items)

nervemessiah said:
Ya that was my plan, though I'll have more than that when i eventually sell off some extra stuff (still have like 150+ nekkar claws / teeth, as well as 50-75 of most of the other mob items)

Look up which crafting components you need for the set you want to make before you sell your excess components. It would suck to accidentally sell something and then have to pay much more gold to get it back later on.

Oh I will, thats the only reason i have yet to sell the extras :), question im kind of leaning towards roche's path, any input or advice on why or why not?

nervemessiah said:
Oh I will, thats the only reason i have yet to sell the extras :)/>, question im kind of leaning towards roche's path, any input or advice on why or why not?

Advice: Make your own decision on which path to take, there's no right or wrong answer.

nervemessiah said:
Oh I will, thats the only reason i have yet to sell the extras :)/>, question im kind of leaning towards roche's path, any input or advice on why or why not?

Talk to everybody. It is something you must decide for yourself and bear the consequences, but there is a lot of talk about your potential allies' motivations. Do not try to make up your mind before Triss's conversation with Philippa or Dethmold, or before you have talked to Ciaran, Cedric, Dandelion, Zoltan, Roche, and Iorveth (if he isn't captured).

nah, i threw him a sword, watching him be captured while he was trying to help me get to letho (even if it was for his own gain information wise) just wasn't my style. So just out of curiosity on my way back into town im saving non humans from the mobs of people, should i be using axii / intimidate for this? cause so far i've just been telling them to leave the non humans alone and then when they try to fight me, slaughtering them lol.

nervemessiah said:
nah, i threw him a sword, watching him be captured while he was trying to help me get to letho (even if it was for his own gain information wise) just wasn't my style. So just out of curiosity on my way back into town im saving non humans from the mobs of people, should i be using axii / intimidate for this? cause so far i've just been telling them to leave the non humans alone and then when they try to fight me, slaughtering them lol.

You can Axii them, and they will disperse peacefully. Talk to Dandelion, and follow Triss's conversation carefully. You will learn a lot about what is going on.

I'm going to move this thread to TW2 Plot and Quests, since we're getting into details.

I'm on act 2 Iorveth on my second overall playthrough (also Dark Mode).

If you plan on getting the Oathbreaker set (on Iorveth path), be sure to

rescue the elven women. As your last act of Chapter 1.

It gives you an additional romance option (heeeeee!) and more importantly, it makes moving around more convenient (no need to trek around the ravines from Vergen to the Old Quarry to farm Harpies.).

Actually, I still have not chosen a side, i just got done talking to everyone. Which elven girl are you referring to?

god im so indecisive lol, i've been reading for like 2 hours cause im not sure who to choose. Roche trusted that I was telling the truth and helped me escape execution as well as gave me a ride to flotsam and helped me through a lot of it. Iorveth trusted me enought to lead him unarmed and bound to a man who obviously was capable of dispatching an entire unit by himself... so now the questions in my mind are; main- which to choose. secondary - if im going to choose roche should i go back and not give iorveth the sword so that flotsam doesnt end up a giant massacre...

nervemessiah said:
god im so indecisive lol, i've been reading for like 2 hours cause im not sure who to choose. Roche trusted that I was telling the truth and helped me escape execution as well as gave me a ride to flotsam and helped me through a lot of it. Iorveth trusted me enought to lead him unarmed and bound to a man who obviously was capable of dispatching an entire unit by himself... so now the questions in my mind are; main- which to choose. secondary - if im going to choose roche should i go back and not give iorveth the sword so that flotsam doesnt end up a giant massacre...

Don't second-guess yourself. Whatever happens, you'll probably want to playthrough again. Go with your guts.

There's so many choices and consequences in this game if you Google too much you'll end up doing that more than actually playing!

What I learned from the Witcher: Go with your gut, because sometimes, the most counter-intuitive decisions bring about the best outcomes.

hey guys if I import ravens armor how long can I keep it on and how important is it for hard mode (not dark) for pc steam??
I didn't import it is why im asking, should I use a save file and negate 2 hours of progress?? is ravens that worth it in hard mode?? or just go ?

Top Bottom