Witcher 2 EE, REDkit Behavior modding, saving/exporting behavior files, .w2beh

+
Witcher 2 EE, REDkit Behavior modding, saving/exporting behavior files, .w2beh

Greetings,

I fired up the REDkit, found the behaviorgraphs im looking for and edited them. I clicked 'save' in the behavior window. I turned off the REDkit, and turned it back on, my edits are still there, all seems to go according to plan. Now how do I get my changes in game (I tried running the game, nothing changed)? Preferably, I would want to export the sepparate files (with my edits) i.e. npc_twohanded.w2beh .. etc to the overwrite folder. Can any1 help me? what do I do next? Where does REDkit store my behavior edits? Any help is much appreciated.

Kind regards

Captain Longbeard

Thnx, much appreciated. Though I think you meant witcher 2 enhanced/data for the REDkit data, and witcher 2 enhanced/cookedPC for the overwrite data, right? Anyhow, it works like a charm!
Editing behavior with REDkit is much more user friendly then through xml code. Thanks for the help! Now I was able to make some much needed improvements to 'Full combat rebalanced' ;p

Kind regards,

Captain Longbeard

Moljka

Well, I used REDkit as some generic name for folder. For me it's E:\Tools\W2REDKit, I think anyone who can use REDKit should understand what I said :D

Ya i get ya. Its just that I never got a REDkit folder anywhere after the install ;p So i was confused. Anyway, how about a more serious question? When I open behavior graphs and I find animation nodes, I get the option to change the animation that the node plays. When I click on it, it opens up an 'AnimBrowser', but the anim browser is empty, so i cannot select another animation for the node. Is there an extra step that i forgot to take to make all the animations appear? Any thoughts on this?

Kind regards,

Captain Longbeard

I don't know that yet. Still learning how to use it. I'm trying to add a new animation that is based on the one already present in game, but game doesn't pick up my changes in w2ent files.

How do you store, add/extract animations from the batch files, like witcher_steel.w2anim ? Is this even possible? Its possible to open w2anim files with the AnimBrowser but I hope to do more then just view those animations. And what is the significance of w2ent files?

Top Bottom