Witcher 2 fps drops

+
And what about going out from the tent , going down the path and looking at the army camp right at the beginning of prologue I got there 45 fps WITH ubersampling on. Could you check yours if I may ask?
About the same, depending on 'where' I look really.

WITH ubersampling on
One or two, tweaker has three settings?

Well with tweaker I turned everything on max even the thing blur related i normally have off, At tower scene I get 57-60 FPS once out off tower the cutscene drops slightly more... this is without Uber... With it goes down to 32-38 FPS

Edit: Okay played game without the tweaker and uber on and got the same framerate as setting tweaker to 2... and it did dip below 30 if i moved around in the fight...

---------- Updated at 05:06 PM ----------

And what about going out from the tent , going down the path and looking at the army camp right at the beginning of prologue I got there 45 fps WITH ubersampling on. Could you check yours if I may ask?

Same here depends on where I look but near that...

Last edited:
I will elaborate on this topic more tonight when I will have a chance to play and post some screenshots with different settings, thanks a lot for all your response.

---------- Updated at 09:07 PM ----------

@Phalzyr
@sidspyker

Ok managed to take screenshot, NO ubersampling, as you can see fps can go as low as 25, ( no fight around ). I don't think this is normal.... I took screenshot of cpu, gpu, and hdd usage...

Attachments

• witcher2 2015-04-30 21-54-09-79.jpg
    witcher2 2015-04-30 21-54-09-79.jpg
    410.8 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
NO ubersampling, as you can see fps can go as low as 25

That is bad... I got that low very rarely with uber on... without it was constant above 50FPS , I can play that area again tonight with everything maxed for a longer period and see if I get that dip.

BTW what is that program your using for graphs?

EDIT: Looking at graph the low FPS coincides with disk access?

Last edited:
That is bad... I got that low very rarely with uber on... without it was constant above 50FPS , I can play that area again tonight with everything maxed for a longer period and see if I get that dip.

BTW what is that program your using for graphs?

Blue is palit comes with video card and other one is windows resources monitor. Yes it happens when hdd is under heavy load.

There's something better : 720p, medium setting, fps should be flying.

Now I don't know if it's hdd?

Attachments

• witcher2 2015-04-30 22-18-38-35.jpg
    witcher2 2015-04-30 22-18-38-35.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 66
  • witcher2 2015-04-30 22-18-49-81.jpg
    witcher2 2015-04-30 22-18-49-81.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 60
  • witcher2 2015-04-30 22-19-05-95.jpg
    witcher2 2015-04-30 22-19-05-95.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Now I don't know if it's hdd?
Reason I brought that up is because I have an SSD... I never had 970 with my HDD.

Yeah knew the windows resource manager just not other... I have MSI Gaming so afterburner might have something similar

That is odd, without ubersampling I can easily keep 60fps at all times.

Nah, I tested that too once before, most of the time TW2 occasionally uses like 5% disk, sometimes goes up to 30 but it's occasional spikes, SSD won't solve your FPS woes, it seems to be some other issue.

Just for the sake of it, I guess you should benchmark the HDD once just in case, read/write times should be around 100 or above(the latter mostly). But I highly doubt disk is the issue.

it seems to be some other issue.
I thought so also since you mentioned before you had no trouble and an hdd...

---------- Updated at 04:26 PM ----------

Don't know if to buy ssd or replace video card

I would think there is something wrong with video card before the HDD being the cause unless it is going bad... Just thought it was worth pointing out. BTW why one 16GB stick of memory and other 8?

I thought so also since you mentioned before you had no trouble and an hdd...

---------- Updated at 04:26 PM ----------

I would think there is something wrong with video card before the HDD being the cause unless it is going bad... Just thought it was worth pointing out. BTW why one 16GB stick of memory and other 8?

8+8+4+4

have to go to sleep otherwise will go crazy

Okay nevermind then... :) Got 60 FPS on the below shot... hmm wrong pic uploaded lol also forgot to mark checkbox to include FPS in shot lol
Is your disc going to 100% as well can see anything on this pic.I

---------- Updated at 07:44 AM ----------

Weird thing, with us off and vsync on it stays pretty much on 60 most of the time, I have reinstalled the game on different HDD so I don't think issue is there, maybe my PSU is running off juice when hdd is going in heavy use, I have xfx 550w.
Really don't know what else to try I will down clock my gpu and CPU to see if its not enough power then if this doesnt work will buy ssd.
Which programme do you use to tweak settings?

Last edited:
Which programme do you use to tweak settings?
The Witcher 2 tweaker by fallenzeraphine From nexus i think.. on that note you have any mods installed? Oh and I tried without the tweaker also... Turned off my ENB/SWEETFX and my FPS is 75 now... IF using that mod what setttings you using?

---------- Updated at 03:20 AM ----------

Weird thing, with us off and vsync on it stays pretty much on 60
Odd i have vsync off btw

Last edited:
The Witcher 2 tweaker by fallenzeraphine From nexus i think.. on that note you have any mods installed? Oh and I tried without the tweaker also... Turned off my ENB/SWEETFX and my FPS is 75 now... IF using that mod what setttings you using?

---------- Updated at 03:20 AM ----------

Odd i have vsync off btw
No mods, got same issue with Ethan Carter so its wider problem

Top Bottom