Witcher 2 lag (possible solution)

+
Witcher 2 lag (possible solution)

Hey guys I am hoping someone can help me figure this out. When I play the Witcher 2 on high it will work fine for everything but whenever I get into fights or alot of things happen at once the frame rate considerable drops in and out and freezes for a second or two. I tried it on medium just to see if that would help but the problem still happens. Here are my computer specs.

ZT systems computer
CPU: AMD A8-3850 APU
Speed: 2.9 Ghz
Ram: 16 GB
Video Card: Geoforce GTX 580 manufactured super-clocked
Windows 7 64 bit home edition
1.67 TB remaining

Thanks for any help. I have tried playing around with some of the specs on the game but still have problems with it when to much stuff and fighting is going on. Let me know what you guys think. Again everything works great except when I fight 3 or more enemies or a lot of stuff is happening like the dragon instances in the prologue.

Hey guys i am so happy because i figured out what the problem was! I set the decals to medium and now it is running very smooth during fights :)! Just thought i would post the solution in case anyone else has lag issues during fight sequences and might want to give this a try as well.

slimgrin said:
I wouldn't call it a solution until tested. I shall now test.

I can confirm that it works. I tested it before posting the solution do you not believe me? My lag during fighting was really bad until i changed the decal setting from high to medium and now it runs smooth as silk when I fight. I run the game at high settings with the exception of decals at medium and it is now lag free.

secondchildren said:
Thank you very much for this, WitcherFan8574
You are welcome secondchildren! You have no idea how happy i was when this eliminated the lag when I was fighting! It really took away from an otherwise great experience and now I no longer have that issue.

I have recently tried 4 rounds in Arena, testing signs with hotkeys only, as per the op's advice, with decals at medium. Every command worked every single time. There was no input delay at all. I don't believe it...after months of muddling around with this terribly annoying issue, this might just be the answer. I will continue to test, but again, 4 rounds in Arena with nary a hint of lag. This may need to be stickied to general discussion so everyone knows of a potential cure for this problem.

slimgrin said:
I have recently tried 4 rounds in Arena, testing signs with hotkeys only, as per the op's advice, with decals at medium. Every command worked every single time. There was no input delay at all. I don't believe it...after months of muddling around with this terribly annoying issue, this might just be the answer. I will continue to test, but again, 4 rounds in Arena with nary a hint of lag. This may need to be stickied to general discussion so everyone knows of a potential cure for this problem.

Wow that's awesome! Happy to help! :) Going through and turning everything to low or disabled and playing with each setting by turning everything back on one by one and entering the game again was well worth it!

slimgrin said:
Sounds sweet! we should celebrate at the HB

Top Bottom