Witcher 2 modding: Sky is the limit. Why mod tools will be ideal

+
Witcher 2 modding: Sky is the limit. Why mod tools will be ideal

Hi, just a pictorial presentation of why I think modding unlocks the ultimate potential for creativity and user input(also show off my specialty, which is character replacement/re-imagining):

IIRC modding tools/support has been promised by CDPR. Maybe the 2.0 update will add them?
Great pictures btw, very funny :D

thanks for compliments.

also, someone developed tool for opening w2ent file. but can only be used as a viewer, no more. i am excited about modding prospects. please release w2ent editor. thank you

i shorten the tabard(to minimize clipping with legs) then put it on geralt.

unpack pack0, then use notepad++ to edit "def_item_armor" in the item folder. afterwards, just put the folder in the root directory and the game will read it.

i have experimented with all models, only working one is the kaedwen ghost soldier.

for the armor you want to change, go to the coinciding sections' "equip_template" line and change the text after the equal sign to "geralt_keadwen_ghost"

edit: i actually said something wrong back there, it's been awhile since i modded this game, but you can also replace geralt's armor with letho's armor, as in the picture.

it's called richon_body

but as you can see, it's quite ugly.

i also managed to give geralt the beaver hat. i did it by editing the file "def_item_trophy" and changing the model name of one of the trophies into "q208_zyvik_fur_hat", then you can equip that trophy and wear the hat.

insert edited file inside their original directory folder into the cookedpc folder.

only cutscene models, and it results in lots of visual discrepancies and bugs. i tried changing the regular model and the game just crashes.

Top Bottom