Witcher 2 Patching and Registration Issues

+
Already started, great minds :)
I must say that it's a pain that my hard copies are now useless though. From reading various sources I now know this is a persistent problem which seems to have effected CD Projeck Red's server's for some time, I really thought they would have tried to fix it as this installation has cost me 1/2 a day of precious time and huge amounts of bandwidth. Anyways, downloading the GoG version now. I assume I must uninstall my current game though?
Also I'm not sure if this physical copy has been Backed-up on my primary GoG account, are you able to check?

We don't have access to GOG data from here. But if you can download from GOG, then it worked. It should appear in your GOG library.

Bought on both GoG accounts to support the people we love :)
I have 10GB of 15GB, few more hours and I'm there. I'll remove the info I posted about my GoG user name.
Thanks for your help Tommy & Dragonbird. If you hear from me again it means something went wrong, if not then all is good. Game on :)

Edit: Bought on Steam too though I hate them with a passion which burns hotter than fission.

Registering problem

Hi there, I've just installed my W2 copy from gog and downloade&installed the patches. I wanted to register my game, but as I enter my login and password an error appears. I use Polish version, but I'll try to translate it:

"Client didn't find content in answer to "text/html", but "text/mxl" was expected.
Request failed. The answer is blank"

Could you please help me with this problem? :)

So what is registration for? I guess that I need it to compete on the arena? I mean, to gain the points.
When the game first released registration was required . But CDPR discontinued that with a very early patch . Anyone who played Arena and uploaded their score their point total was seen when with their profile . However when the new forum launched that also was removed . I don`t know if Arena scores are viable anymore . Guess i`ll try it this weekend and see .

Greetings,

After having played the boxed version on the release, i wanted to replay the game with the enhanced edition (wich means fully patched?). However i don't know which version of the game i'm using and where i can find the specific updates.

In my documents near my save file's i can find 2 file's: "Patcher_1.2.exe" and "Patcher_ROW.exe"
Patcher_ROW.exe gives me an error while "Patcher_1.2.exe" gives me a message that my game is fully patched.

I only have these options on the launcher:

-Launch game
-Options (and sadly, no update button found there either)
-View readme file
-View manual
-www.thewitcher.com

I have 3.2 c update that says it is a Chinese update. I am suspicious of it being malware, because I am set up in English, and I have a 3.2 update already. Any answers on why I should update a chinese patch? i would also like to slow down side to side slew, but I haven't searched Q and A yet. I sure do a lot of dying ;(( on easy, no less.
the old Dusty

It's not malware, and it won't harm or slow down your system, but it was an update only for the Chinese version.
It's optional on whether or not you install it - the main reason to install is probably to stop it from nagging you about there being a new update.

Click on Launch Game, since it updates automatically.

Doesn't actually seem to for me. I'm looking around and people appear to be saying their executable is at version 3.4.4.2 even since April 2013. However, mine stopped patching at 3.4.4.1 and it won't go any further.

Doesn't actually seem to for me. I'm looking around and people appear to be saying their executable is at version 3.4.4.2 even since April 2013. However, mine stopped patching at 3.4.4.1 and it won't go any further.
If I remember correctly you can only get that patch from http://redkit.cdprojektred.com/index.php?c=download
Anyway all it does it gives you the option of where you want to save the mod files to instead of the default Documents>Witcher 2>UserContent

Please help me. After I entered my user name and password and clicked on login, the following picture appeared. What should I do?
Thanks a lot!

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    323.9 KB · Views: 124
You don't need to register the game and login in order to play it. I just checked my game and got the same error. It looks like it's trying to fetch some data from web page that does not exist anymore/was moved somewhere else.

Last edited:
Top Bottom