Witcher 2 Patching and Registration Issues

+
Witcher 2 Patching and Registration Issues

First registration is not necessary because starting with the 1.1 patch all DRM was stripped from the game .

After installation of the game and trying to register through the launcher you may get an error similar to the following "ersion="1.0" encoding="utf-8" . All that`s needed to fix this issue is to download and apply the following patches . Note that you need to be on the 1.35 patch before trying to apply the 2.0 patch . Patches can be obtained from the following links .

0-> 1.35 - http://en.thewitcher.com/patch1-35/
1.35->2.0 - http://en.thewitcher.com/patch2/

After installation of the 2.0 patch and you click the launcher then click the register tab or navigate to your install directory and select the register exe . Then input your forum login information . Game should now be registered .

The 2.1 patch has caused issues for some people but not all . If you are so inclined to try the 2.1 patch you can get it from the following link .

2.0->2.1 - http://en.thewitcher.com/patch2-1/ .

BLANK FIELDS WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER
Also when trying to register you may have a blank field when trying to input keys . To remedy this if running Vista or 7 right click and empty area on your desktop and select "personalize" , when the personalize window opens look to the left of the window and select Adjust font size then in the new window select default(96DPI) then you can retry inputting the information .

For laptops you may need to do the following with Windows 7
(1) Right-click the Windows desktop and select Personalize.
(2) At lower left, select Display. (There is no Adjust Font Size option.)
(3) In the middle of the screen under "Make it easier to read what's on your screen", select Smaller - 100%. (Courtesy of Morgora)

Tommy said:
Also when trying to register you may have a blank field when trying to input keys . To remedy this if running Vista or 7 right click and empty area on your desktop and select "personalize" , when the personalize window opens look to the left of the window and select Adjust font size then in the new window select default(96DPI) then you can retry inputting the information .

Hey Tommy! Just wanted to let you know that it was a little different for me on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. Here's what I did:

(3) In the middle of the screen under "Make it easier to read what's on your screen", select Smaller - 100%.

After doing that, I was able to type in the fields to register TW2. Btw, my laptop's default is Medium - 125%.

Morgora said:
Hey Tommy! Just wanted to let you know that it was a little different for me on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. Here's what I did:

(3) In the middle of the screen under "Make it easier to read what's on your screen", select Smaller - 100%.

After doing that, I was able to type in the fields to register TW2. Btw, my laptop's default is Medium - 125%.

Awesome ! yeah i was using Vista desktop model as i don`t have a 7 desktop but am aware that they are very similar . If it`s alright with you i`ll include your steps in the 1st post .

Was this your problem that you referred to in the HB ?

Tommy said:
Awesome ! yeah i was using Vista desktop model as i don`t have a 7 desktop but am aware that they are very similar . If it`s alright with you i`ll include your steps in the 1st post .

Was this your problem that you referred to in the HB ?

If it helps folks, use the steps!

Registering was cake compared to the other stuff. I posted what happened in the HB. But, if you want a more detailed account, I can email it to you.

TheDarkGifted said:
how do i run the patch, i keep getting a message "Failed to create the temporaty files"
This is a different type error but the solution is here refer to points #9 and #28

http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/topic/22348-technical-faq/

Pleas activate my account
The message my mail with activation hasn't come

Its not my account (frend account)!

For Russian

Sorry my English

Hey, sorry I'm late, but I haven't touched the game since 1.2.

I have a problem registering the game after re-install. On the screen where you have to put in your forum login and password, I can't type in my password (special characters like +/*,{}[]; etc; only .@- are allowed there).

However, as you can see, I can successfully login through web interface. Will this be fixed in the next patch? I really don't want to make another special profile for my password generator considering that it's only a game client's issue.

Thanks.

[EDIT]
Also, it only accepts first 20 characters. And doesn't allow pasting from clipboard.

This is starting to be annoying. Why all the limitations there when it just works everywhere else?

i cant even patche to 1.1 ?
it loads for a sec , shuts down
and following error comes by :

Installed game version is invalid or incomplete ? 0_o

krigar6666 said:
i cant even patche to 1.1 ?
it loads for a sec , shuts down
and following error comes by :

Installed game version is invalid or incomplete ? 0_o
You don`t need 1.1 only the following

0-> 1.35 - http://en.thewitcher.com/patch1-35/
1.35->2.0 - http://en.thewitcher.com/patch2/
Have you tried letting the launcher download the 0->1.35 . Note that when patching and you get the installed game version is incomplete or invalid then all other patches will probably invoke the same kind of warning .

I was able to receive a new password for the forum,but The Witcher never send me an email with a new password for the registration process.The password can´t be the same.What can i do about it?
Sorry it was about The Witcher,the original game,not the 2.

danielsupernova said:
I was able to receive a new password for the forum,but The Witcher never send me an email with a new password for the registration process.The password can´t be the same.What can i do about it?
Sorry it was about The Witcher,the original game,not the 2.
I made a reply in your Witcher 1 thread .

Just recently, I decided to reinstall the game but I'm still unsure of the method of patching. (after 1-1.35 of course)

I have the GoG version(setup files backed up since launch) I also have backed-up the 2.0 and 2.1 patchers of last patch, but I'm not sure whether I should use these or redownload the files. My internet isn't fast so it'd be great to just use these patches I have saved. The 2.0 patch is about 744 MB, named patch2_0_EFIGS. Should I use this one?

Anyway, thanks in advance.

PrimaS said:
Just recently, I decided to reinstall the game but I'm still unsure of the method of patching. (after 1-1.35 of course)

I have the GoG version(setup files backed up since launch) I also have backed-up the 2.0 and 2.1 patchers of last patch, but I'm not sure whether I should use these or redownload the files. My internet isn't fast so it'd be great to just use these patches I have saved. The 2.0 patch is about 744 MB, named patch2_0_EFIGS. Should I use this one?

Anyway, thanks in advance.
The patching method should be 0->1.35 and then 2.0 and finally 2.1 . The 2.0 patch hasn`t changed that i`m aware of .

I've recently bought a retail version of The Witcher 2 - Premium Edition and I've also got the GoG version of The Witcher 2, I wish to register the retail version too but I can't figure out how to do it without installing it.

Any suggestions?

So, I just tried to do a fresh install for the EE. I've got ALL the files, the GOG installer, 0->1.35, 2.0 and EE patch. I can't get past 1.0 version and this is getting truly frustrating.

It keeps telling me that 'installed game version is invalid or incomplete' when I try to patch it manually and the launcher keeps getting my connection refused. I also made sure of installing everything in default folders and run the installer as administrator. I don't know what else to do.

Edit: Nevermind that, I repaired part 2 in EE pre-downloaded patch and stomped it all over fresh 1.0 version. It worked, apparently. I still don't understand why I couldn't get the old patches working though.

vermeer said:
So, I just tried to do a fresh install for the EE. I've got ALL the files, the GOG installer, 0->1.35, 2.0 and EE patch. I can't get past 1.0 version and this is getting truly frustrating.

It keeps telling me that 'installed game version is invalid or incomplete' when I try to patch it manually and the launcher keeps getting my connection refused. I also made sure of installing everything in default folders and run the installer as administrator. I don't know what else to do.

Edit: Nevermind that, I repaired part 2 in EE pre-downloaded patch and stomped it all over fresh 1.0 version. It worked, apparently. I still don't understand why I couldn't get the old patches working though.

do you mean you had to reinstall the game fresh back to 1.0 ?

i have the same problem although i think its because my W2 patch is ver1.2, and not 1.35 ; Also Steam doesnt recognize my CD key anymore..; shoulda be worried ? Or just "add a non-Steam Game" ? because when i first installed the game, i linked it like if i bought it on Steam, without any problems whatsoever.

Top Bottom