Witcher 2 pre-order available

+
Witcher 2 pre-order available

http://www.amazon.com/Witcher-2-Assassins-Kings-Pc/dp/B003VJNPPE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1287937597&sr=8-1http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/pc/the-witcher-2-assassins-of-kings/_/RM10118/productpage.htmlhttp://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/15640823/-/Product.html?source=9593&_%24ja=tsid%3a11853|prd%3a83099 Also there is release date on Amazon :29 March 2011

Yeah, this is sooooo great. Yes, this is irony.You could have preordered Duke Nukem Forever for 10 years by now :p

Thanks for the links and after checking each site there are a few differences on eachAmazon--march 29 OS--Vista/XPGameplay--march1 OS--Vista/XPplay.com-- not currently available for pre-orderaccording to the sites around 50$ which is about what i expectedI think some retailers are getting the cart before the horse so to speakThere is no windows 7 for an OS come to think of it there was no system requirements for any of the sites other than vista/XP so i think i`ll wait a bit before i place a pre-order or at least until system requirements are released

Tommy said:
i`ll wait a bit before i place a pre-order or at least until system requirements are released
So you'll have to wait until 2011 ;)edit: And there is no way that any upcoming game won't support Win 7 ;)

I am very tempted to pre-order, but I'm also going to wait until we have system requirements, and until I know I can get an uncensored version. (Show me the boobies!) Thanks for the links, though!

szypek26 said:
edit: And there is no way that any upcoming game won't support Win 7 ;)
Yeah i figured as much but i just wondered why they didn`t include Win 7 in the OS lists

It's great that's TW2 is available for pre-order, although I think I'll hold out for a bit to see if they'll be a collector's edition first. As popular is the first game was, It would surprise me if there wasn't one. Also, I might wait to see if the U.S. will be getting a censored version again. If so, I'll be ordering the UK version from gogamer again.

wtf is up with Bioware and Blizzard charging $60 for their games now? At least TW2 is fairly priced and will most likely be the better game.

slimgrin said:
wtf is up with Bioware and Blizzard charging $60 for their games now? At least TW2 is fairly priced and will most likely be the better game.
strange trend. i noticed this with call of duty and medal of honor as well. i think they base the price on projected profit. cause they are very mainstream games and the average consumer will buy that.

As far as pre-ordering, I am hoping to pre-order any boxed set from England I can find, hoping that this will ensure the game as close to the one made in Europe as possible.As for the companies mentioned in the post above mine, I have to say that it occurred to me that this was a really smooth move in this recession to ask more money for a game, as if they expect to lose some sales and need a special number for the bottom line and expect the rest of us to make up the slack. Yea really smooth. If the big game makers are really aware of the issue they would make games less expensive and make it up in sheer numbers, but maybe i am moronic in my assessment. But then I think paying 90 dollars for all of the installments of WOW and then paying a monthly usage fee is a smooth move too. Ingenious! what will they think of next?(Gee, I hope you all know I am not really condoning this kind of robbery, right?)At least there are some companies (like this one) who include support for the game and give additional items in the packaging so with that I can feel I got some value for my money. Sorry about the rant, but I get so tired of companies trying to make the fast buck and running like the house is ablaze. It sends the message that all they really want is the cash, which is true, but what about all the effort that goes into making the game? Those people who draw, write, edit, and produce the product deserve a price that allows the ultimate number of interested players to love and cherish their work. Climbing off the soapbox, sorry.

UK outlet Game has on their website www.game.co.uk The Witcher 2 for preorder at £39.99. The release date according to Game is 18 Feb 2011, but not sure how accurate that is. I think they're selling it with a £10 discount so long as you buy it from their website.

I just want to make sure I get the un-edited and MATURE game - don't want to see a Supreme Court ruling effecting my choice of the game.

I'm with you guys. I ordered TW1 from UK (at terrible exchange rate), had to wait days after release, and still never regretted it. I certainly don't mind the naughty bits, but mostly it isn't about that, its just the principle of the thing. I'm 31 years old and I can handle some nipples without corrupting my soul, dammit. I hope that CDPR makes this one as mature as they want without regard for US or other censorship. I'll buy it wherever I can get the "real" version.So happy to pre-order, happy to pay extra for a special edition just 'cuz I like y'all. But I'm waiting til the ESRB rating comes back before committing anything. ::goes back to waiting....::

Seeker said:
well if your going to make any pre orders make sure it dose not come out of Australia LOL
Yeah.. Anyone seen footage from the Australian version of Left 4 Dead? I mean, it's just pitiful.. :D

I feel I must step in a defend my country here.While it may seem crazy, and make no sense at all, we (Australia) did indeed receive the full unedited version of The Witcher - titty cards and all :D

TraceSL said:
I just want to make sure I get the un-edited and MATURE game - don't want to see a Supreme Court ruling effecting my choice of the game.
It wasn't the Supreme Court that censored the first Witcher in the US, it was Walmart. Seriously. The government hasn't said anything at all about The Witcher, but Walmart wouldn't carry the game unless it was censored. Feel free to boycott the place. :)

If you're going to pre-order, you are all of course going to do so from CD Projekt's own gog.com, right? Right? ;)Also, hi folks. Been a while. I think I might dust of TW1 in preparation for no. 2 :)

I've mentioned this in another thread:Thank you for making the game DRM-free, CDProjekt, but I hope that that the usage of STEAM Cloud/Achievements won't eventuallly make the game tied to a STEAM account, it'd be really disappointing news. Thank you so much for putting it available on Good Old Games as well. I plan to purchase several copies to support your company.

Top Bottom