Witcher 2 Redkit. Questions and answers.

+
Hello,
Sorry for the late response, but I've been inactive for some time so I couldn't give any answers.

@GaroK0
RedKit only comes with the english speech files. It could be possible to get the other speech files by extraciting them from the base game.Sadly there is no other way I know. Probably you need gibbed red tools to unpack the base game and then something to further edit and open the original speech files.

@PvZPlaying
Which file exactly did you change? Could you name the folder and file name. I could send you a unchanged file to restore the original. In general before you mess around make backup of the originals or don't mess with them but mess with a copy of the original entities.

@IliyaSherlock
Sadly there aren't any tutorials for the material editor. My personal knowledge is limited to analyzing the materials available. If you worked with materials before in Unity you might have a better understanding of materials than I have. To make it simple the small preview window does not work. You have all the possible starting points for materials under rigth click ( in the grey space of the editor)-> Misc. Under Lighting is an old version not used anymore. Under Math you have the nodes that allow too add mathematical "stuff". Parameters are used for number values and to add texture nodes. Samplers describe how your textures can be used. There are different samplers the most baisc is the texture sampler. Special no clue sorry. And Stream mostly is about values to change the postion of the texture I guess reagrding to some other values like eg. World Position. Some of the nodes are kind of self explinatory when you read the name. But it's a mess and you need proper knowledge how materials and nodes work to understand the material editor. Side note, it also depends how you name the nodes in the material editor. Unchanged nodes won't be editable outside of the material editor. Blue nodes ( nodes that are named) are editiable outside of the the material editor and orange Nodes will stay the same eg. for the detail rotation in the detailmat material. On the right side of the material editor you have information about the material and it's parameters etc. , if no nodes is selected.
The best adivce I can give you would ask the FOTWW guys for advice becasue they worked intensively with the games materials and tried to add their own pbr like material.

@Reee_
Hey here are some screenshots which try to describe the things ecplained under point 3.4 of the tutorial. The quest structure might be alittle bit different and the dialogue is not connected but the structure works and is based on the kill the nekker hives quest from The Witcher 2. I general a good advice to understand how something is done in The Witcher 2 is to remember a quest and than serach for the developers quest and try to undertand and replicate it. If you have further question feel free to ask.

At anybody reading or having questions: Due to low activity in this forum answers might take some time or might be limited by my knowledge so come back from time to time if you don't get a fast answer.

Attachments

• harpy quest layout.JPG
    harpy quest layout.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 69
  • connecting the quest phases 1.jpg
    connecting the quest phases 1.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 91
  • connecting the quest phases 2.jpg
    connecting the quest phases 2.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 75
  • connecting the quest phases 3.jpg
    connecting the quest phases 3.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 66
  • connecting the quest phases 4.jpg
    connecting the quest phases 4.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 66
  • connecting the quest phases 5.jpg
    connecting the quest phases 5.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
@IliyaSherlock
Sadly there aren't any tutorials for the material editor. My personal knowledge is limited to analyzing the materials available. If you worked with materials before in Unity you might have a better understanding of materials than I have. To make it simple the small preview window does not work. You have all the possible starting points for materials under rigth click ( in the grey space of the editor)-> Misc. Under Lighting is an old version not used anymore. Under Math you have the nodes that allow too add mathematical "stuff". Parameters are used for number values and to add texture nodes. Samplers describe how your textures can be used. There are different samplers the most baisc is the texture sampler. Special no clue sorry. And Stream mostly is about values to change the postion of the texture I guess reagrding to some other values like eg. World Position. Some of the nodes are kind of self explinatory when you read the name. But it's a mess and you need proper knowledge how materials and nodes work to understand the material editor. Side note, it also depends how you name the nodes in the material editor. Unchanged nodes won't be editable outside of the material editor. Blue nodes ( nodes that are named) are editiable outside of the the material editor and orange Nodes will stay the same eg. for the detail rotation in the detailmat material. On the right side of the material editor you have information about the material and it's parameters etc. , if no nodes is selected.
The best adivce I can give you would ask the FOTWW guys for advice becasue they worked intensively with the games materials and tried to add their own pbr like material.
Thanks I will ask them :)

Hello everyone
I am currently trying to do a day/night routine for my npcs but something goes wrong all the time. The problem is that when npc has finished his routine in his first day, he then just stuck on the last actionpoint he used and not coming back to his first actionpoint.
For example: i have two ap in my community file, npc spawns on his first ap, he is doing his work there, then he moves to second ap, then he is doing his work again and then when he has to comeback to his first ap, he stucks on second ap and he is just standing there.
I followed all Philipp and RedKit Wiki tutorials but nothing seems to work for me.

Hi, sorry if I ask a lot of questions but I wanted to know how to add rain to my scene. I know we can drag and drop rain particle system and rain splash effects to our level, but it doesn't look as good as it looks in the game (In the game there is wet surface and the rain effects look much more realistic) Now I have seen a lot of options for example in the "Area Environment" properties (It asks for rain splash and rain drops particle systems) but when I link the particle systems (using the green arrow) it just doesn't work. Or in World Environment properties in the World environment under tools menu in the "rainParams" it asks for rain reflection animation and water falling vertical textures. But I don't know where to find them. So I'm asking you guys to help me.
Thank you so much :)
Post automatically merged:

Hello everyone
I am currently trying to do a day/night routine for my npcs but something goes wrong all the time. The problem is that when npc has finished his routine in his first day, he then just stuck on the last actionpoint he used and not coming back to his first actionpoint.
For example: i have two ap in my community file, npc spawns on his first ap, he is doing his work there, then he moves to second ap, then he is doing his work again and then when he has to comeback to his first ap, he stucks on second ap and he is just standing there.
I followed all Philipp and RedKit Wiki tutorials but nothing seems to work for me.
I don't know if this helps or not BUT you can try to give the first AP in your level a tag (Apart from the tag you have already given to it to use in the community file) Using the properties tab, and then select the last AP that you want the NPC to play then go to the properties tab and enter the tag that you gave to the first AP, in the "prefferedNextAPs" under "CActionPoint". This way the NPC will play His first AP right after finishing the last AP.

Last edited:
I don't know if this helps or not BUT you can try to give the first AP in your level a tag (Apart from the tag you have already given to it to use in the community file) Using the properties tab, and then select the last AP that you want the NPC to play then go to the properties tab and enter the tag that you gave to the first AP, in the "prefferedNextAPs" under "CActionPoint". This way the NPC will play His first AP right after finishing the last AP.
Thanks for your advice, but it didn't help me. NPC still behave as i said before.

Hello everyone :) I'm german, so sorry for my english...
I'm a newbie in the REDkit and I know it's really old, but I discovered it last week and I love it! My question is: I've created a quest wit a little dialog and I would like to have a NPC guiding me to a specific place where the quest dialog continues. The problem is, that the path I've created doesn't work. After talking to the NPC he sits down again and nothing happens. Is it necessary to have waypoints or something? I didn't found any tutorials about that specific topic, please help me! As I said, I'm not a pro, so step by step instructions would be amazing. But anything would help. Thanks a lot

Edit:
Ok so I added a scripted action and added the action : CActorLatentActionWalkToTargetWait... I connected that, but doesn't work .
Because there is no target?

Edit 2:
If found the solution in one of port quests. I will post it here later, for those who are interested...

Last edited:
Hey,
I wanted to know how to add rain to my scene
try it like this:
- put AE in your scene
- add at least rain particles to it
- enable it in-game via a script (there should be a block called something like "enable area environment")
- (I am not sure if the rain can be also enabled in the editor)
NPC guiding me to a specific place where the quest dialog continues. The problem is, that the path I've created doesn't work. After talking to the NPC he sits down again and nothing happens.
Maybe the path has some bad collision with the terrain, and so the NPC refuses to take it. Try moving the path somehow, or adding more navigation areas.
Also, for NPC to use the path, you need to call a script. Check out what parameters it requires and try to fill most of them in.

Last edited:
Hi,

Does anyone know how to read data from the havok section in animations?
I want to know how to read the Position, Rotation and Scale data, but a further explanation of what is for, example the blockDuration and so on will also be appreciated.

Attachments

• Zrzut ekranu (159).png
    Zrzut ekranu (159).png
    160 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Top Bottom