Witcher 2 Redkit. Questions and answers.

+
It's simple just select "Encounter" then go to Properties and there you can create or change tags

Attachments

• levels_we.w2w - Red Kit - Build 3.0.1  P4CL_ 174176  (May  7 2013) 11_10_1399 12_56_44 ب.ظ.png
    levels_we.w2w - Red Kit - Build 3.0.1 P4CL_ 174176 (May 7 2013) 11_10_1399 12_56_44 ب.ظ.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 103
Hello, I just started working with redkit a couple of weeks ago to start modding and do quest design on the Witcher 2: Assassins of of kings. Enhanced edition from COG Galaxy and I have an issue with it.

When I start creating a new world, this is how it looks like and it seems everything is working fine.

Redkit working.png

However, if I save this world, close it and reopen it, this is how it looks like later.

redKit not working.png

It seems all the work I could've worked on is gone, or the world is not working for some reason. I don't understand what's going on. It also shares this behaviour with the preinstalled mobs of the game (like the Arena).

Could anyone help me please to identify what's wrong so I could fix it? I don't think I could work further on this if is not saving my changes at all.

Thanks for your attention.

-Jainel

I don't understand what's going on.
Hey,
you need to enable the layers in the right tab. For some reason, they're disabled on the startup.
Try right-clicking "world" in the root of the "scene" tab and clicking something like "load" or something... :)

You can check if the layer is loaded by it having a color. Notice that on the second screenshot all of them are grayed out.

Hey,
you need to enable the layers in the right tab. For some reason, they're disabled on the startup.
Try right-clicking "world" in the root of the "scene" tab and clicking something like "load" or something... :)

Yes, this solved my issue and I was able to even run the Arena world on red kit, thanks a lot.

Also, I can't see white "terrain" even after I load the layers. Is this an expected behavior or do I have to create/modify terrain every time I open a previously saved world?

Edit- Nevermind, I managed to fix that. i just followed thoroughly a tutorial posted on youtube by Klabautermann M.

Red kit is buggy! Always save your changes!

Here is a link to his tutorial if anyone is interested.

-Jainel

Last edited:
Hi guys. I wanted to ask you something:
I designed many levels with REDkit and used many detail materials but I wanted to (let's say Combine) materials by lowering the intensity of a material but it does not work. (If you don't understand what i'm saying take a look at the video below) so I wanted to know has anybody managed to do this and combine textures by lowering the intensity of a texture?

combine textures by lowering the intensity of a texture?
Hey,
As far as I remember it worked for me.
My best guess is to try changing the order of the materials in the tile.
Maybe the order of the materials represents some sort of artistic precedence, so only the ones more on the top can be painted with custom intensity...?

You know, sand on the very bottom, mud on top of it, grass on top of it, rock on top of it,...?

Try testing it with different materials and check if you can manage with at least some :D

Hey guys,

Something weird is happening. Whenever I add an encounter and try to click on it, the game instantly crashes. No idea what might be causing this. The encounter does however have a tag because I tried adding one a while ago in a previous project. Could it be that some weird combination might have messed it up? If so, do you have an idea on how to edit/fix it without it crashing as soon as I interact with it?

1611077445816.png

Cheers

Last edited:
The encounter does however have a tag because I tried adding one a while ago in a previous project
Hey,
I believe that Redkit crashes if it doesn't like something - like the integrity of entities(wrong/incomplete configuration),...

I think that you added general encounter entity (which only contains generic encounter code/logic), but not the actual encounter area (which IS the actual configurable and spawnable "instance" of encounter entity).

Try to go asset browser and untag the entity(this may be the cause of the crash). Also, remove it from the layer (if it crashes when selected, try deleting the whole layer or deleting it via asset browser.).
Then recreate the layer, activate it, right-click in the scene and select something like "add encounter area." A green box should appear. You can configure(type, count, respawn times of monsters,...) it via properties, as well as resize it to define the area of the encounter.

Hey,
As far as I remember it worked for me.
My best guess is to try changing the order of the materials in the tile.
Maybe the order of the materials represents some sort of artistic precedence, so only the ones more on the top can be painted with custom intensity...?

You know, sand on the very bottom, mud on top of it, grass on top of it, rock on top of it,...?

Try testing it with different materials and check if you can manage with at least some :D
Hi, can you tell me which textures you used and it worked for you ?
Because I tried everything and it's still not working.

Hi, can you tell me which textures you used and it worked for you ?
Because I tried everything and it's still not working.
Hey,
it was just a guess as I haven't played with Redkit for quite a time.
I always used only the most common materials, like grass, muddy grass, sand,...
Still, I am not 100% sure if it's really possible, though I suggest you check out the tutorials from Benz, Klab or here: redkitwiki

Hi guys, I have some questions about how to create cloud shadows. I also want my sun's color to have effect on the clouds but I don't know what to do in Area Environment.
Can you help me please ?

Hi @IliyaSherlock ,

1. How to create cloud shadows (in world environment properties)
Tools->World Environment -> Edit Parameters -> cloudsShadowBitmapTexture-> allign clouds_shadow found in fx\clouds\textures
Now you have fake clouds on the ground. You can't create shadows of the particle clouds.
You could also try to create a new or tweak this texture (externally) but besides that Redkit provides some parameters to change the used texture.

2. Tweak the cloud shadow scale
Scene -> Select the Environment ->Properties->m_shadows
There you can tweak the clouds scale with activatedCloudsScale checked over time or set only one certain value
There is also a parameter for acivatedCloudsChannelSelect though not completly sure about it's effects ( try it out).

3. Tweak the speed of the clouds
You can change the speed of how fast the fake clouds move on the ground (and meshes, etc.) with the wind paramters in the "(world environment properties) "
The general speed (which is connected to the world time, the fake daycycle) of the shadow texture over the ground is controlled by cloudsShadowScrollSpeed.
You can this by moving the time slider using the fake daycycle

I think,
the other parameters control in which direction the clouds move and how fast if the world time ( fake daycycle) does not change. Try the parameters out I can't tell you what each of them does.
There is also the possibilty to change the wind parameters of the used environment under m_wind_Params, but I would advice to first try out the the wind parameters in the "world environment properties" window.

4. Colour of particles/lights

In the wiki (https://redkitwiki.cdprojektred.com/environment+lighting.htm) it's mentioned that the parameters in m_colorGroups and precisely customColorGroup2 can give the clouds a different colour. Try it out! If this does not work->

In general the m_ColorGroup enables to set a certain colour for fx groups/lights under envColorGroup of a particle/light source. So you could also change the colour group of a particle from ECG_Default to an unused colour group and adjust the colour by that group by m_ColorGroup. For example you could use ECG_FxLightShaftRefelectionLight
The value set in m_ColorGroup also defines if a colour change is visible at all.

Did this help you? If not I could try to investigate the parameters further. Wind should also affect the rain and other things. I would appreciate if you shared the knowledge after you tested the parameters.

Greetings
Nemo

Last edited:
Hi @IliyaSherlock ,

1. How to create cloud shadows (in world environment properties)
Tools->World Environment -> Edit Parameters -> cloudsShadowBitmapTexture-> allign clouds_shadow found in fx\clouds\textures
Now you have fake clouds on the ground. You can't create shadows of the particle clouds.
You could also try to create or tweak this texture (externally) but Redkit also provides some parameters to change the used texture.

2. Tweak the cloud shadow scale
Scene -> Select the Environment ->Properties->m_shadows
There you can tweak the clouds scale with activatedCloudsScale checked over time or set only one certain value
There is also a parameter for acivatedCloudsChannelSelect though not completly sure about it's effects ( try it out)

3. Tweak the speed of the clouds
You can change the speed of how fast the fake clouds move on the ground (and meshes, etc.) with the wind paramters in the "(world environment properties) "
The general speed (which is connected to the world time, the fake daycycle) of the shadow texture over the ground is controlled by cloudsShadowScrollSpeed.
You can this by moving the time slider using the fake daycycle

I think,
the other paramters control in which direction the clouds move and how fast if the world time ( fake daycycle) does not change. Try the parameters out I can't tell you what each of them does.
There is also the possibilty to change the wind parameters of the used environment under m_wind_Params, but I would advice to first try out the the wind parameters in the "world environment properties" window.

4. Colour of particles/lights

In the wiki(https://redkitwiki.cdprojektred.com/environment+lighting.htm) it's mentioned that the parameters in m_colorGroups and precisely customColorGroup2 can give the clouds a different colour. Try it out! If this does not work->

In general the m_ColorGroup enables to set a certain colour for fx groups/lights under envColorGroup of a particle/light source. So you could also change the colour group of a particle from ECG_Default to an unused colour group and adjust the colour by that group by m_ColorGroup. For example you could use ECG_FxLightShaftRefelectionLight
The value set in m_ColorGroup also defines if a colour change is visible at all.

Did this help you? If not I could try to investigate the parameters further. Wind should also affect the rain and other things. I would appreciate if you shared the knowledge after you tested the parameters.

Greetings
Nemo
Thank you I have cloud shadows now, but I still can't change color of the clouds.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I wondered how you can set up a day and night cycle with a sunrise/set in your world. At the moment I only have the dynamicskybox in my level which changes between a day and night sky but it is has nothing of the features I mentioned above.
I hope you can help me with this ;)

Last edited:
@nxtMythos
Something could be done in the areaEnviroment that is global.. Maybe you need more than one to make it work.
Even with multiple environments the Skybox would still be the same. If you ask how you could the skybox I can give you the answer:
1 You can edit the skybox
2 You could probably make different skyboxes vissible with certain environments
3 It's complicated, Sorry. I think a good reference would be Lykaon and the way it was done there. Look at videos or the mod files.
If you need the mod files you could pm me.

Sorry for the late response. No expert and lazy.
Greetings
Nemo

I wondered how you can set up a day and night cycle with a sunrise/set in your world
Maybe you need more than one to make it work.
Hey,
I think that for a day-night cycle, enabling one global AE should be enough.
Note that AE is not activated automatically, you need to enable it in the script.
This should make stuff like APs work because AE actually runs the in-game clock, I hope to believe...? :)

To have different weathers, I think that each AE has some time settings and preferences to switch over to the others,...so it should work automatically if set properly.

To have different level effects based on AE, such as falling leaves in the storm, you need to put such entities into distinct layers and activate/disable them...somehow. I don't think it's possible to get currently active AE.

Eventually, I guess you can do all of this manually in a script to avoid some misconfigurations...
I think you can do it like this:

weather.png

Hello, I'm following the wiki basics tutorials, and I'm at the quest design one. There is no more pictures on this wiki, and the problem is, this tutorial relies on images. It doesn't explain which nodes needs to be plugged to which. This is really frustrating. And I can't figure out how to link the four log phases.
Thanks if someone takes time to answer that.

1622556338353.png

Hi I wanted to ask if there is any tutorial about shader graph (Material graph) in REDkit because I didn't find any.
I worked with unity PBR and I really don't know what to do in REDkit shader graph. Can someone explain to me the basics of it ?

Hello everyone
So I was trying to change playable characters (by adding a roche replacer to the witcher entity template) and tried it out.
And It didn't change characters, but it made Geralt lose his body and hair.
Now he attacks with fists and can't use signs.
And walking, opening inventory, and even quitting crashes the editor.
I know an reinstall will probably fix it, but I don't want to download 20gb again, so does someone know how to fix this abomination?
obraz_2021-06-05_175620.png

When I installed the kit, there are unpacked english speech files regardless of the language of my game.
How do I extract speech files from other languages?

Top Bottom