Witcher 2 Tattoo removal in Witcher 3?

+
Witcher 2 Tattoo removal in Witcher 3?

Is there a way to remove the Witcher 2 tattoo in Witcher 3 when you import a save game that has Geralt with the Tattoo?

They don't have laser tattoo removal in Temeria surely ?? :p
I thought tattoo permanence was kind of the point of tattoos?

Isn't the whole point of save import to play the continuous game with all the consequences of the previous games? Why importing your save in the first place, if you don't want stuff from W2?

Guest 3823474

Isn't the whole point of save import to play the continuous game with all the consequences of the previous games? Why importing your save in the first place, if you don't want stuff from W2?

IIRC there was a way to have it removed at one point during Witcher 2. I missed it, so it was probably a good idea for me to not import a savegame, haha.

IIRC there was a way to have it removed at one point during Witcher 2. I missed it, so it was probably a good idea for me to not import a savegame, haha.

It was a quest with Triss where she'd remove the tattoo for you. I've never done it myself (never got the tattoo in the first place ;) ), so I don't know how it turned out.

But anybody knows anything about this tattoo removal in W3? Cause I DID remove it in W2, and now I regained it with patch 1.5 (Little bug, but annoying).
And if possible I don't want to use debug/console to remove it.

I don't think it was there until I noticed it after patch 1.05. I imported a TW2 save, but I know for a fact that I removed the neck tattoo in TW2.

There is a way for pc players sadly no idea for consoles. Download console mode from witcher nexus than use the command "settattoo(0)"

There is a way for pc players sadly no idea for consoles. Download console mode from witcher nexus than use the command "settattoo(0)"
Is there a command for changing states of persons ?
I choose "don't simulate witcher 2 savegame" because i was thinking everyone would be alive that way, after 50 hours gametime i found out letho was not there.. soo.. meh

Havent seen any command that relates to what you need so far sorry :( But i am guessing that might require editing the save and changing the involved flags within the save file.As for how to edit that save sorry cant help you there.

---------- Updated at 09:47 PM ----------

Havent seen any command that relates to what you need so far sorry :( But i am guessing that might require editing the save and changing the involved flags within the save file.As for how to edit that save sorry cant help you there.

I don't think it was there until I noticed it after patch 1.05. I imported a TW2 save, but I know for a fact that I removed the neck tattoo in TW2.
It must be a glitch then. I imported a save with the tattoo (I made sure of it) and in my game Geralt has had the tattoo since day 1.

Is there a way to remove the Witcher 2 tattoo in Witcher 3 when you import a save game that has Geralt with the Tattoo?

If it shows up in Witcher 3 even though you removed it, It is a bug. If you import a Witcher 2 save and choose any beard other that the standard one, at least for me, the tattoo suddenly shows up. If I choose clean shave, it disappears.

I reported it to them on the 20th of May but still no fix.

The "Huh? I had this tattoo removed in Flotsam, why has it re-appared with a DLC beard?" bug still isn't fixed... but I've thrown together a workaround to hide the tattoo with the DLC beards (Goatee/Soul Patch/Mutton Chops) selected.

Seems that I can't post a hyperlink, due to forum restrictions: Look for "Tattoo Reappearing With DLC Beards Fix" on the Witcher 3 Nexus site.

Guest 3823474

So I dodged that bullet, I now realize. I didn't import a savegame. I had the tattoo, and definitely wanted to have it removed, but missed the one window of opportunity the game offered to get the ingredients and have it removed. (Which I consider bad design.)

I'm not entirely sure, but I believe you had two chances of removing the tattoo in Witcher 2. Either by Triss in Flotsam or later by Philippa. However, as I said, I'm not 100% sure.

Guest 3823474

I'm not entirely sure, but I believe you had two chances of removing the tattoo in Witcher 2. Either by Triss in Flotsam or later by Philippa. However, as I said, I'm not 100% sure.

Hm. IIRC I might have missed the first one because it didn't occur to me, and after that chance was missed, later it became quite clear, but then I couldn't find the necessary ingredient anymore.

Also by Sile in Henselt's camp on Roche's path. You can buy a wolf aloe from the herbalist in the camp.

Top Bottom