Witcher 2 unable to launch on windows 10

+
Witcher 2 unable to launch on windows 10

Installed the game via the retail boxset i bought ages ago, after installed the game and all the patches, i found out that i'm unable to launch the game, please see picture below for the reason, is there any way to fix the issue?

System: windows 10
GPU: Nvidia 1080 ti with latest driver

Thank you very much!

Sam

Attachments

• photo210401.jpg
    photo210401.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 1,505
devivre;n10960931 said:
Did you install the right patches? There are patches for the Enhanced Edition of TW2 and patches for the old version of TW2.
Also see here: https://en.cdprojektred.com/download/?support-product=the-witcher-2&&download-category=patch

If nothing works, contacting CDPR support is also an option: http://en.cdprojektred.com/contact-support/

Hi there, thanks for your info, i just installed all the patches that pops up after the installation of the game, and i've already send a ticket to their support.

Thank you very much!

Sam

New versions of Windows often create all sorts of problems with legacy titles. I would recommend the following:

1.) Try turning Vsync = On. Several game functions are tied to accurate frame-timing, and running with unlimited FPS can introduce odd issues.

2.) Be sure the game is not installed anywhere under Program Files or Program Files(x86). These are protected directories in Windows and it can introduce issues, even using standard Administrator accounts. Best bet is to install all games to the root of the drive or a folder of your own creation, i.e. C:\The Witcher 3\... or C:\MyRPGgames\The Witcher 3\... (If using Steam, you can simply follow these steps for moving an existing Steam installation. You'll likely have to verify each of your games once after doing this.)

3.) Add the game's installation folder to the exceptions list for your anti-virus, firewall, etc.

4.) Set the game's .EXE to "Run as administrator". If using Windows 10, be sure that the Permissions for the game's folder and the ...\Documents\... folder are set to "Everyone".

Top Bottom