Witcher 2 Xbox 360 version.

+
secondchildren said:
They said Xbox artobook is larger, 40 pages more.
Thanks !

Edit: Do you know if the console version artbook will have a hardcover ? I'm a collectioner and it's an important detail for me.

666 said:
I see that the witcher medallion, the same as the one that was sent out to people who bought the PC Collector's edition and had their busts arrive broken got as a consolation prize :) is part of the 360 Dark Edition. However what got my attention more is the pre-order gift Wolf's Head Keychain.

Two questions to whomever can answer them (MM360?):

1. Is this the same key chain as the Polish Collector's edition for the first game (albeit not numbered or gold colored)?

2. If so, which countries/vendors will be offering it as the pre-order bonus?

I visited Gamestop (their Dark edition page doesn't exist yet), Amazon (same problem), and Best Buy, none of which had anything mentioned about pre-order bonuses. I would love to be able to just pre-order the 360 Dark Edition and get that key chain in the USA, as I am sure many other fans will too.

Gamestop USA has the medallion key chain offered as a pre-order bonus for both the enhanced edition :

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/the-witcher-2-assassins-of-kings-enhanced-edition/92540

and the Dark Edition:

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/the-witcher-2-assassins-of-kings-dark-edition/99042

However I noticed the dark edition price went up. I thought I saw that it was $79.99 on the unboxing video. GameStop lists it as $99.99.

MM360, do you know if the pre-order bonus medallion key chain is the same size, shape and weight as the one that accompanied the Polish Collector's Edition of the Witcher 1? That keychain was both beautifully sculpted and felt solid/quality.

finally gamestop started pre-order but yes the price is 99.99$ contrary to what was said in the conference ~80$ i hope this is clarified asap and yes gamestop ships internation (YES HERE IN INDIA TOO!!!!!!)

This post is for the Witcher Fans who already have the PC Collector's Edition of the Witcher 2, and want to get the Wolf's Head Medallion Key Chain offered as the pre-order bonus with the 360 versions.

Assuming the $60 price for the Enhanced edition in the US, and assuming GameStop will give you $25 in store credit to trade the game itself back in, you get the key-chain for ~$40. If this is the same keychain, both in finish and material quality, as the Polish Collector's edition of the first Witcher game, I think it is worth the money for any Witcher Fan. I ordered it off of Polish E-bay and had it mailed internationally to the US a year and a half ago , and that version is top quality in terms of cast, material and finish. Worth every penny in my opinion.

Alternatively, assuming $100 price for the Dark Edition Gamestop posted sticks, and the same $25 in store credit to trade the game in (gamestop doesn't care about box, manual or the extras, they only want the game discs), you get the key-chain, art book (updated with 40 more pages), 3 more stickers, Flatter Medallion (same as the one given out with replacement busts of Geralt for PC collector's edition), and Dark Edition box for ~$80.

The hard cover art-book for the PC version was top quality print & paper, like a hardcover AD&D player's handbook. Assuming the same quality for the Dark Edition box, that's worth about $15 right there. Give your old one as a gift to a fellow, less fortunate Witcher Fan :)

The medallion that comes with the Dark Edition doesn't look like Geralt's, its larger and flatter. It also does not have the same finish and material quality as the keychain medallion (that came with the Polish Collector's edition). The sculpting is above average but to me its worth about $5.

The stickers are more of a gimmick, not the team's best art work (I would've preferred the original game's red & black logo, or the new games Wolf's head logo (with the glowing eyes). So $1 (sorry CDP :(

The Dark Edition box is throwing me for a loop. In the CGI, it almost looks like there is depth to the wolf's head box (embossed/engraved). Even if it is flat, the art work on the box looks better than the PC collector's edition, so that's worth about $10 for me.

So I guess the questions I need answered prior to making a decision are:

1. What is the Dark Edition Price in the US?
2. Is the pre-order bonus keychain the same as the Polish Collector's edition?

JackintheGreen said:
@_666_:

The medallion we know is like this

That one I have (had my sculpture arrive damaged). This looks like what will be included within the Dark Edition.

JackintheGreen said:
The old key-ring we know, is smaller and shaped differently

This one I bought off of Polish e-bay a year and a half ago. This is what I am hoping the pre-order bonus keychain will be. This one feels very solid, very nicely sculpted (high detail, very clean workmanship).

JackintheGreen said:
This key-ring seems new, if it's official...

I hope this is NOT the pre-order bonus key-chain as it looks very cheesy and not consistent with the high level of quality associated with past CDP Witcher paraphernalia.

1. It should be 80, but as always, it's up to the specific site(amazon is always cheaper...).
2. No. They are different. Key-chain is significant smaller.

JackintheGreen said:
1. It should be 80, but as always, it's up to the specific site(amazon is always cheaper...).

1. Really? But isn't it sort of illegal to sell one's product more than the makers price or something?
2. How did you confirm? Source please?

Pardon for being so inquisitive, I just pre-ordered from Gamestop since they are the only one among the three in usa who ship worldwid so that was my only choice. Besides I don't own an Xbox just brought it for the merch and supporting CDP willl give the game as a gift to my cousin woh lives in usa later

Folks just wanted to tell that I finally pre-ordered my DE from Gamestop (seeing they are the only one among the list who ship worldwide) pretty much pumped up for it!

JackintheGreen said:
This key-ring seems new, if it's official...
That's fug, but at least more practical than the gorgeous Wolf head if you want to use it as an actual keychain.

Adityathewarriorwithin said:
Folks just wanted to tell that I finally pre-ordered my DE from Gamestop (seeing they are the only one among the list who ship worldwide) pretty much pumped up for it!

What about the region locks on the 360, you sure it will work with yours? I'll just wait till list updated with UK retailers myself to be honest for my UK version after.

Dragoonlordz said:
What about the region locks on the 360, you sure it will work with yours? I'll just wait till list updated with UK retailers myself to be honest for my UK version after.

I doubt Microsoft would have a different region policy for each game they sell for the 360. I would look into whether US 360 games run on UK 360s in someplace like afterdawn forums.

@JackintheGreen@

JackintheGreen said:

1. At $80, Dark Edition is the way to go for sure. At $100, its not as clear. And the individual retailer can price as they please, the MSRP is only a suggestion. However, there are some additional advertising agreements which, through fiscal incentives the manufacturer can induce the retailer to stick to MSRP, this is how Apple/Bose control their prices.

2. I think there's a misunderstanding here. The medallion key-chain that came with the Polish Collector's edition of the first Witcher game is this:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/830/witcherchain1.jpg/

That is the one I am hoping will be the Pre-order Bonus for GameStop customers in the USA who purchase Witcher 2 for the 360. I would like to know from the mods (MM360), or anyone in the know, whether the US pre-order bonus keychain will be the same as that one. Not only in shape, but also in terms of size, weight and finish.

The Dark Edition Medallion, which is this:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/840/witchermedallion1.jpg/

Is NOT what I am talking about.

Dragoonlordz said:

The thing is I don't own a 360 at all, I never got to get the CE so grabbing this oppurtunity so that I can atleast get the DE and the awesome stuff with it. In that process I'm also supporting CDP with gettiing myself what I want.
Since I already own TW2 via gog and myself not a big fan of discs and more into digital copies (well the merch don't count here) ;)
I plan to simply gift the game disc to a cousin of mine in us who games and owns a 360 :)
who knows later looking at him his friends might even end up buying it

Fellas TW2 DE is up for pre-order in UK at GAME check buy.thewitcher.com/dark 2 questions on my mind: 1. no pre-order exclusive? 2. why is shipping charges MUCH cheaper than other? (not that i'm complaining) o_O

666 said:
2. I think there's a misunderstanding here. The medallion key-chain that came with the Polish Collector's edition of the first Witcher game is this:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/830/witcherchain1.jpg/

That is the one I am hoping will be the Pre-order Bonus for GameStop customers in the USA who purchase Witcher 2 for the 360. I would like to know from the mods (MM360), or anyone in the know, whether the US pre-order bonus keychain will be the same as that one. Not only in shape, but also in terms of size, weight and finish.

I got the answer to my question. The pre-order bonus key chain will look almost identical to the one in the above link. The main (only?) difference will be the material it is made of is slightly different. Finally, after 4.5 years, fans outside of Poland & Czech Republic will be able to get their hands on this item!

666 said:
I got the answer to my question. The pre-order bonus key chain will look almost identical to the one in the above link. The main (only?) difference will be the material it is made of is slightly different. Finally, after 4.5 years, fans outside of Poland & Czech Republic will be able to get their hands on this item!
I confirm this:)

Although this mighy sound a silly question, but the contents of the DE (not pre-order exclusive) will be same everywhere right?

Top Bottom