Witcher 2077

+
Witcher 2077

Hey guys! I posted this piece on Witcher forums, and people there sent me here)
So, check this crossuniverse picture - hope you`ll like it!
I would really appreciate any feedback.
Does weapons, clothing and upgrades has same Cyberpunk vibe, or it looks too modern, like generic sci-fi?

This is just my personal opinion, and I hate to give negative feedback, but to me, that guy doesn't have the Style. I don't get the "punk" vibe from his clothing. He looks very, very bland. I'm not sure if that's because of the Witcher-part of this hybrid, since I'm not an expert on those games, but he looks like a janitor to me. :cool:

Think of it this way... If Cyberpunk 2020 was a car, it would be something like a Lamborghini. Completely nuts, flamboyant and over the top, both in looks and in content. The guy you drew looks more like a Nissan Micra.

Haha, didn't I say they were tough customers ;p

I get what MacL is saying, but as for myself, I love the details- you can discern the texture of the jeans and the plastics/metals, so it's really cool how that's possible.

I like it a lot! Macleod smells of elderberries. Probably thinks style is all chrome and mousse and bangles and leather or something. Cyberpunk isn't flamboyant in my view - that's crass and obvious. Nothing wrong with what you drew at all, kinda cool actually. Nice touch with the exoskeleton on the legs.

Thank you guys! Both for negative and positive feedback - i appreciate all of it)
I knew i should add a retro-futuristic vibe to it - more 80-s, ROCK-N-Roll and stuff.
Geralt is the bounty hunter-type of character, so the janitor (ha-ha) feeling is what i wanted to create) Cause, you know, he is the simple guy, like detective who doesn`t have time to look over-the-top. But, i definetly will try to create same vibe but with STYLE and PUNK - i love challenges)

Sard is right, MacLeod does smell of Elderberries, and I am fairly certain there is some hamster in him...

Comparing Cyberpunk to cars and coming up with a Lambo doesn't fit for me. While classic Lambo's are likely to kill you on a tight corner and they look fabulous, they are too refined for my taste. I would have said some sort of Hot Rod:

But that is my interpretation. Everyone's style is different. The quintessential Cyberpunk character from film is Rick Deckard, the Blade Runner. I wouldn't compare him to a Lambo, or any other super car. I would compare him to a beat up muscle car though. Rough around the edges, maybe not to everyones taste, but still more than capable of getting the job done.

I like the image. I love the exo-skeleton on the legs. I love the 'potion' vials. I love the cut of the jacket, (the wolf tag is a nice touch.) I love the augmentations to his face and eyes.

I would only change a couple of things, and again, it's mostly personal preference. I would have given him his classic pony tail, for me it isn't really Geralt without the pony tail. I would have given him bigger boots, close to knee high on the outside of his jeans. Lastly, I would have used different colours and added a little more of them. Geralts palette is mostly blacks, whites, reds, greys and browns for the leather. I would have been tempted to use red for the jaclet and given it black and white detailing. I would have also gone for grey or tan jeans. Perhps some red piping on the armour and the exo-skeleton.

But again, that is my personal preference talking. It's a really nice peice either way.

That is some really nice piece of art there man! Keep it up and give us more!:D

about that car stuff I think lambo isn't the greatest example as well. It look a bit futuristic caompared to other cars okay... but does it really have that extravagant styish feel into it? I am not sure about it...

I chose Lamborghini because it's well known among car enthusiasts that Lamborghini makes completely crazy and pointless cars, which are horrible to drive, cost a lot, and aren't efficient at all, but have mad power and manage to look extremely cool. In other words, they've got a certain Style, which they've kept with pretty much every single car they've made throughout the years.

Having said that, if you get stuck on the Lamborghini part of the analogy, you're missing the point completely. To help you with that, you can go with any car which isn't boring, bland and grey. Or, you can screw the analogy completely, and just go with the "he looks like a janitor" -part of my post. I think that sums up what I'm talking about perfectly well.

The drawing is clearly skilled and nice in itself, and some of the technological elements are really cool, but the blue jeans and teal lycra windbreaker just spoils it for me. I'm sorry. It's just one person's opinion. I apologize for nothing (although I guess I just did!). :cool:

I got the lambo analogy, as did Spider, we just felt that other cars would have beenpre fitting.

And as for thq janitor thing, colour fixes it, (as would a big pair of boots!) Add a little mote flash to it and it's there. The criticism you provided didn't have any real suggestions to it, it felt more like you were condemning the price for inadequacy. (I realise you would not do that, but that's how it came across.)

Forum veteran
I can't draw at all, so my advice should be taken with a grain (a bag, Lot's pillar wife) of salt, but seriously...

GLOW STICKS.

There's nothing that can't be improved with glow sticks. Cool drawing otherwise, though.

Oh 1 thang Ive just spotted man... The other hand is just waaay to grey... It looks a bit like it was 100m away or in some serious shadow. Just too much midtones there in my opinion. I fthere was some specific lighting then it would be acceptable but now it looks just off. Hope I wrote it clearly ;) Anyway its great!

One last thing I spotted. The shoulders seem a little too sloped, giving the impression of him being weak/passive.

I think this is a contributing factor to MacLeods 'janitor' comment. Perhaps some shoulder pads would do the trick.

The criticism you provided didn't have any real suggestions to it

Of course it did.

The OP mentioned any feedback was appreciated, and I gave feedback. Also, the question was whether the drawing had the same vibe as Cyberpunk 2020, and to that I said it felt dull, bland, and was lacking Style. Therein also is the suggestion; make it less dull, less bland, and make it look less like a janitor. I also pointed out that it was just a single person's view, but since any feedback was appreciated, and nobody said anything about constructive feedback, you've really got no leg to stand on criticizing my feedback, bub. :cool:

Of course it did.

The OP mentioned any feedback was appreciated, and I gave feedback. Also, the question was whether the drawing had the same vibe as Cyberpunk 2020, and to that I said it felt dull, bland, and was lacking Style. Therein also is the suggestion; make it less dull, less bland, and make it look less like a janitor. I also pointed out that it was just a single person's view, but since any feedback was appreciated, and nobody said anything about constructive feedback, you've really got no leg to stand on criticizing my feedback, bub. :cool:

I accept that the OP did not specify constructive feedback, but there is little to no point giving anything less.

Saying it lacks style and looks like a janitor is not particularly helpful. Suggesting particular styles as inspiration and saying why you think he looks like a janitor is helpful.

And "bub"? Really? Is this a loony toons sketch now? Am I supposed to go grab a hunting outfit and a shotgun?

"It's wabbit season!"

Non constructive feedback is just griping. YOU'RE NOT A GRIPER ARE YOU MACLEOD?

Where is the updated version of your pic, Sardas? WE DEMAND IMPROVEMENT.

I`ll make an updated version ASAP, MASTER)
thaks for all the feedback guys - much appreciated) i wanted to create "bealivible" design actual in current sci-fi tradition - so that`s why he doesn`t look like a typical hero with the huge shoulders - look at the real BADASS soldiers and police officers - most of them doesn`t look like a Rambo, but still can do they job). And also, it`s a easter egg to the Ghost in the shell character). BUT, i get the STYLE message - so i`ll make another version of him, but this time i`ll try to match the Cyberpunk vibe.
And also thanks for the rendering, design advices - sometimes, after a sleepless night behid the monitors, you start to miss some details)

Once you figure out the Cyberpunk vibe, let us know. So we can fight over it.

Flashy is stupid - gets you shot.

Useless is stupid - it's useless.

Etc.

You got the build right. Soldiers and athletes in endurance work do not tend to big.

Once you figure out the Cyberpunk vibe, let us know. So we can fight over it.

Flashy is stupid - gets you shot.

Useless is stupid - it's useless.

Etc.

You got the build right. Soldiers and athletes in endurance work do not tend to big.
Allright) Thanks!

And btw, guys - what do you think about the Psycho-squad member from the teaser-trailer? Does Platigue image guys managed to match the Cyberpunk vibe?

I am really looking forward to the update.

As far as the Max-Tac chap goes, personally I think he looks great but not all that 'punk. Hé pools more like a SWAT operative than what I would expect from a Max-Tac officer.

I personally would have expected more scars, perhaps some light-tattoos, more obvious cyberware and another weapon, certainly a melee weapon. And contrasting colours, they are supremely lacking on him.

Again, that's my take.

Top Bottom