Witcher 3 -also- had a lot of issues. CDPR fixed them. They will this.

+
Finally some positivity, I salute you sir!

And this is coming from a base PS4 player lol.
I'm actually thinking to switch to Google Stadia to improve my experience, but really curious to see what these updates will bring :)

Yeah... no.

There a plenty of other games who do shooting better, driving better, hell, even just "copying" GTA V, a game that's been out for years, would have been a vast improvement over the current mechanics in CP2077.

Braindance getting cut from anything but missions, even though there's still an NPC vendor selling BDs?
That's not about technological limitations either, as after all, in missions they worked, and they're not really any more fancy than what Detroid Become Human did with their Inspection Mode.

Sorry, no offense towards you personally meant, but this is as lame an excuse as they come.
This isn't down to technological limitations, this is down to corporate greed, or rather: shareholder greed.
They simply wanted to cash in on the XMAS sales period, which is the strongest of the year, and they also simply wanted to cash in on as many platforms as possible, never mind the consequences ... hence the PS4/XBone desaster.

This is exactly what happens when companies stop caring about their customers, their loyal supporters, and begin caring, to the exclusion of everything and everyone else, about their bottom line!

We've seen this exact same thing with Blizzard, EA, Activision... I just never though CDPR would enter such ignoble a company, what with CDPR initially having set out to prove these very bad business models obsolete.
afaik this is cdpr's first ever "gun game" , imho they didn't do too bad, i never asked for or wanted a clone of gtaV, I wanted cyberpunk

feel free to commune with the angry pitchfork weilding last-gen users then, even some pc users are struggling, if they had had added everything, the majority of the threads would be " it runs like crap..fix your game" so they're damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Personally I think if they added everything or at least half of the cut content they may have an excuse for some bugs and glitches. But when there's cut content along with a game that runs like trash on current consoles people will be upset.

I don't think CDPR are primarily to blame, the sheer scope,size and vision of this game is limited by technology, not CDPR, i believe that CDPR genuinely wanted to add all these features into the game but the technological capacity simply isn't there yet, maybe if this game was made 10 yrs in the future, everyone would be estatic....

If not CDPR who? Who forced CDPR to announce the game for Xbox/PS4 7-8 years ago? Who do you suspect is controlling CDPR behind the scenes?

TW3 didn't have this plethora of cut content and thereby broken promises though which these forums are full to bursting off.

TW3 didn't even remotely release *this* broken, and I know, having played it from Day 1 on PS4.

TW3 also didn't even remotely feel this extremely rushed, as CP2077 does.

TW3 also never lacked this entirely any elements one would and should expect from an RPG; CP2077 does. There is pretty much nothing to justify calling it an RPG in it.
Which is probably why in the 11th hour even CDPR stopped doing so on Twitter.

And last but not least:
Even at launch, TW3's world didn't even remotely feel as devoid of life as Night City does.

I don't know what you're actually trying to do with this thread, because it really feels like you're trying to whitewash the fiasco that was CP2077's launch, which is a whole new dimension of messed up compared to TW3... and that whitewashing would be really disrespectful to the hundreds, if not thousands of users who are constructively voicing their criticism over cut content and other assorted issues that go so much farther beyond just bugs.

Do I believe they will fix the bugs in time?
They probably will.

Do I believe they will add all the missing content, all the stuff we were told would be in the game?
Sceptical, really sceptical... why was it all cut in the first place?

Do I believe they'll care about turning their city into what it was marketed to be, a living, breathing megalopolis, which it currently doesn't even come close to?
Maybe.

But:
Is it even remotely acceptable to release a game this broken, this incomplete, for full price, call it a release master, when objectively speaking it is rather still in Early Beta?

No.
First response nailed it. this is all that needed to be said

feel free to commune with the angry pitchfork weilding last-gen users then, even some pc users are struggling, if they had had added everything, the majority of the threads would be " it runs like crap..fix your game" so they're damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Make a good game that console users and low-mid range PC users can't run or make a forgettable, flawed and ultimately mediocre game that everyone can run.

It's their own fault for thinking they could get money from everyone. The developers should've said "no, it's not possible" rather than blatantly lie to consumers that everyone will get to play the exact same game. That isn't reality, that's fantastical greed. I would rather have had my PC tank performance in a good game than be allowed to run a shitty game on ultra.

Remember Crysis? Crytek made a game that was used as a benchmark for high end PCs for a very long time. CDPR could've done the same thing. But no, they cut a bunch of corners, pissed off a lot of people and here we are. Complaining about a shit game on a forum while the devs celebrate Christmas with no holiday bonus.

Cut content is unfortunate of course but at this point it is better to just work forward I guess and not look backwards once the bugs and ai are somewhat overhauled. Like for instance in W3 I thought the two DLCs had better and more engaging stories than the original game etc.

Make a good game that console users and low-mid range PC users can't run or make a forgettable, flawed and ultimately mediocre game that everyone can run.

It's their own fault for thinking they could get money from everyone. The developers should've said "no, it's not possible" rather than blatantly lie to consumers that everyone will get to play the exact same game. That isn't reality, that's fantastical greed. I would rather have had my PC tank performance in a good game than be allowed to run a shitty game on ultra.

Remember Crysis? Crytek made a game that was used as a benchmark for high end PCs for a very long time. CDPR could've done the same thing. But no, they cut a bunch of corners, pissed off a lot of people and here we are. Complaining about a shit game on a forum while the devs celebrate Christmas with no holiday bonus.
oh man the day we see another Crysis that pushes the boundarys will be a god send.
I mean, im running a 5950x and a 3090 and this game pushes my rig but not for the right reasons

If not CDPR who? Who forced CDPR to announce the game for Xbox/PS4 7-8 years ago? Who do you suspect is controlling CDPR behind the scenes?
that's the trouble with hype, it leads to unrealistic expectations and impatience, I am probabaly in the minority here, but I wouldn't have cared if they said a 2022 release date aslong as it was polished, in hindsight, cdpr should have communicated to sony/microsoft and said we have a great game idea, but last gen consoles are crap for it, make your next gen-console and we'll make our game then, but I'm hesitant to say "greed" but the opportunity to release it on mutliple(4) consoles was too tempting to miss out on, even with the upgrade to next gen if you use a last gen, welcome to 21st century gaming everyone.

I'm currently playing Baldur's Gate III early access along with this. The more I think about it the more I think Cyperpunk 2077 should also have been labeled as early access. Too harsh?
Not harsh at all.

Is Baldurs Gate 3 good? im seriously tempted becasue i need a true RPG to wash the sour taste out of my mouth

Yes for what it is right now. We expect missing content, bugs, and glitches in early access.

Not harsh at all.

Is Baldurs Gate 3 good? im seriously tempted becasue i need a true RPG to wash the sour taste out of my mouth

Yes, Baldurs Gate 3 shows a lot of promise and has a lot of real RPG elements. There's a lot of content in what they've released so far. It's still got a long way to go but it's honestly more feature complete than Cyberpunk. It's more fun too.

Not harsh at all.

While I'm no moderator here, I've been one on another, much bigger forum (SCNR), for almost two decades, so take it from a guy with experience:

Please do not derail this thread, even if it is unintentional and not meant to be disruptive.
It discusses very vital issues surrounding CP2077, so let's keep it that way, yeah?

PNs are the way to go for dynamic topic switching. =)

that's the trouble with hype, it leads to unrealistic expectations and impatience...

Ok so do you not think it was the CDPR marketing team who did such an amazing job marketing this game, building hype and expectation etc or do you think some other outside force was involved in making them spend so much money on building the hype and expectations, getting Keanu Reeves and putting social media influencers in the game etc?

If you want to say the situation was extremely difficult and the way things played out it only got more difficult than I'm right there with you and CDPR has my sympathies though given the deception I'm not sure they deserve it. Regardless, I don't want to crucify them but I can't in good faith not lay the blame in it's rightful place.

I wouldn't have cared if they said a 2022 release date aslong as it was polished, in hindsight, cdpr should have communicated to sony/microsoft and said we have a great game idea, but last gen consoles are crap for it, make your next gen-console and we'll make our game then

What they showed us made the game look feature complete. If they were actually transparent about the state of the game then I would've been all for 2022 or fuck, even a legitimate early access release. People would've been fine with that.
I bought Mount & Blade Bannerlord for fucks sake. I was waiting for years and the best they could is release it in early access - was that upsetting? No, because they're clearly aware the game isn't finished and are actively working on it and listening to player feedback.

Did CDPR do that? Fuck no. They played consumers like a fiddle and expected people to be happy with such a mediocre piece of shit after years of hype. They have no obligation to fix Cyberpunk, no obligation to make it match the standards of the Witcher series. They're in dire need of a reality check.

marketing/pr often says things that leaves devs heads scratching, the mouth peice says one thing and the hands are like...wth? can we actually do what they've said....and thus the mad scramble to achieve the impossible, you can't please everyone.
Post automatically merged:

What they showed us made the game look feature complete. If they were actually transparent about the state of the game then I would've been all for 2022 or fuck, even a legitimate early access release. People would've been fine with that.
I bought Mount & Blade Bannerlord for fucks sake. I was waiting for years and the best they could is release it in early access - was that upsetting? No, because they're clearly aware the game isn't finished and are actively working on it and listening to player feedback.

Did CDPR do that? Fuck no. They played consumers like a fiddle and expected people to be happy with such a mediocre piece of shit after years of hype. They have no obligation to fix Cyberpunk, no obligation to make it match the standards of the Witcher series. They're in dire need of a reality check.
mate, everyone knows trailers only show the good bits, the polished bits and are often not representative of the game, you shouldn't beleive everything you see....

marketing/pr often says things that leaves devs heads scratching, the mouth peice says one thing and the hands are like...wth? can we actually do what they've said....and thus the mad scramble to achieve the impossible, you can't please everyone.
Post automatically merged:

mate, everyone knows trailers only show the good bits, the polished bits and are often not representative of the game, you shouldn't beleive everything you see....

The point is:

I don't think the individual devs themselves are all that happy with what has been released as "their best effort" on the 10th.
CP2077 in its current state is not a great game, it isn't even a good game.
It's an okay game, and that after years and years of trailers telling us a decidedly different story.

As I've said:
CP2077 isn't anywhere near "Release Master"... given what even the more recent trailers told us the game should be like, the build that was pushed on us as a so-called "Master" is really only in Early Beta... and that's with a lot of goodwill already, because the switch from Alpha to Beta is usually denoted by the main branch now being feature complete.

Which CP2077, even today, is not.

MMOJunkie said:

Err no.
Seriously, good Sir, do you not know that we have laws?

Saying a product would be THIS for years, repeating the claims, actually showing them visually, and then delivering a vastly inferior product isn't — on any plane of existence — even remotely "okay".
The phrase "False Advertising" exists for a reason, you know.

Again:
Normalizing, whitewashing this kind of bad behaviour is doing the entire gaming community a disservice.
THIS is exactly why publishers and dev studios get away with this crap so easily — because there are literally customers who defend this kind of bad behaviour.
This is not okay, not normal, not acceptable on any level.

Yes, there can be changes during development, BUT:
1. Never on such a scale that it completely alters the DNA of the game in question
2. Never without clearly and concisely making the potential customers aware of it beforehand!

This messed-up fiasco did not happen by accident. It did not just "OOPS" slip out into the world.
This was fully intentional and calculated.

There is no defense for this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom