Witcher 3 at 900p???

+
Witcher 3 at 900p???

Mods, please do not move this to another thread as I need an answer as soon as possible.

Since both my GPU and CPU don't meet minimal requirement, can I still play the game? Is the minimal requirement base on 1080p resolution?

I don't mind playing it in 720p to 900p resolution if I can play the game. I need to know as soon as possible so I don't miss out on the pre-order bonus since I only have 4.5 hours left before the game is available.

Here are my spec:

Cooler Master HAF 922 Mid Tower Computer Case
Lite-On DVD Burner
Samsung Spinpoint F3 HD502HJ 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5 “ Internal Hard Drive
ASUS P7P55D-E Pro LGA 1156 Intel P55 SATA 6 Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Sapphire 100282SR Radeon HD 5850 1GB 256 – bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL
Intel Core i5-750 Lynnfield 2.66Ghz LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Processor
OCZ StealthXStream 700W SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply

Thanks

Last edited:
Yes, you can play on 900p, but post your specs.

Cooler Master HAF 922 Mid Tower Computer Case
Lite-On DVD Burner
Samsung Spinpoint F3 HD502HJ 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5 “ Internal Hard Drive
ASUS P7P55D-E Pro LGA 1156 Intel P55 SATA 6 Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Sapphire 100282SR Radeon HD 5850 1GB 256 – bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL
Intel Core i5-750 Lynnfield 2.66Ghz LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Processor
OCZ StealthXStream 700W SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply

Oh, you're not off by too much. Your GPU's not as weak as the model number suggests; 58xx were top of the line for DX11-capable cards in their day. And the game's known to play with nerfed CPUs weaker than that.

Last edited:
Oh, you're not off by too much. Your GPU's not as weak as the model number suggests; 58xx were top of the line for DX11-capable cards in their day. And the game's known to play with nerfed CPUs weaker than that.

Does missing that .5 VRAM matter? I just worry it would burn my GPU or does VRAM equate to how high a resolution you can get?

Also remember I have an AMD card and Witcher 3 use Gamework so it going to be even worst for AMD user like myself.

i was considering pc, i have a hd 6950 2gb, and i5 2400 3.8 ghz, all cores, but i thought id get it on ps4 because i do enjoy getting trophies, and my ps4 is surely more powerfull than my pc, though i do sometimes wonder with all this talk of the consoles dippiong below 30 fps, even below 20 i read from one reviews, and that really annoys the hell out of me

i remeber when i used to play on consoles only because i couldnt afford a pc, i never even knew what framerate was, and tbh that was a better time, once i got into pc gaming i understood what i was seeing and now low fps pisses me of where as before i could care less.

i guess no one can really tell you though, not till its out and players test lower end pcs

Last edited:
Game's already been run successfully on 1-1.25GB cards. 2GB is sufficient for Ultra and HD. You're not in that range, so my guess, which I'll be able to confirm in a few hours, is you're fine.

Does missing that .5 VRAM matter? I just worry it would burn my GPU or does VRAM equate to how high a resolution you can get?

Also remember I have an AMD card and Witcher 3 use Gamework so it going to be even worst for AMD user like myself.

No it wont burn your gpu:) Although i am not a pro Vram amount is more about the texture quality u can use so if u keep your texture setting on low i think u should be fine. My only concern is both w1 and w2 werent really optimised nicely until the enhanced editions so i am not sure if you can get a fluid fps even with low settings.I am on the same boat as u have a similar pc and i will just try a copy after launch and if i can play it gonna grab a copy from gog if not corssing my fingers for enhanced edition.

No it wont burn your gpu:) Although i am not a pro Vram amount is more about the texture quality u can use so if u keep your texture setting on low i think u should be fine. My only concern is both w1 and w2 werent really optimised nicely until the enhanced editions so i am not sure if you can get a fluid fps even with low settings.I am on the same boat as u have a similar pc and i will just try a copy after launch and if i can play it gonna grab a copy from gog if not corssing my fingers for enhanced edition.

Are you going to get the pre-order, it a lot cheaper. For me it only $48 as oppose to $60 and I only have about 4 hours left to decide.

GuyNwah - can you link me that test?

Omg mate dont ever use that site for reference its utter crap for half the games that site says i cant run at all while i can run them at high settings without issues... (Example Dying light)

Omg mate dont ever use that site for reference its utter crap for half the games that site says i cant run at all while i can run them at high settings without issues... (Example Dying light)

So I take it both you and the moderator believe that there is no doubt in both you guys mind that I can run the Witcher 3 on medium setting? If so, I need to buy the pre-order now.

I probably would only be able to play on low thanks to Gamework though.

Thanks

Wait, so the Can you run it system requirement lab website is completely inaccurate? That site has caused me so much stress. It said I didn't even meet minimal requirement.

Canyourunit is full of more shit than Bandini Mountain. Never believe it, or quote it to anybody with the intent of making somebody else believe it.

Don't believe the FUD over Gameworks either. That is AMD's professional and recruited FUD spreaders.

(Things that aren't there anymore: The Bandini fertilizer plant had a 100-foot-high manure pile. It was the highest point in Vernon, California.)

Canyourunit is full of more shit than Bandini Mountain. Never believe it, or quote it to anybody with the intent of making somebody else believe it.

(Things that aren't there anymore: The Bandini fertilizer plant had a 100-foot-high manure pile. It was the highest point in Vernon, California.)
Thanks for the laugh mate needed it while we wait :)

Top Bottom