Witcher 3 - Beard options + some other stuff

+
Witcher 3 - Beard options + some other stuff

Hello!

I just wanted to ask, if I will be able to change Geralt's beard? Not just hair, like it is possible in Witcher 2.
And don't forget to add multiple colors for the beard as well. Default should probably be white-gray.
If that's not possible, then maybe you can make an alchemy potion to get different color of beard?
I am only asking, but I would like to know the answer.

One more question.

P.S. The Witcher 3 trailer looks awesome, but the girl-fish (forgot the proper term) got a covered breasts with some sort of cloth. Why is so wrong to see naked breasts? I just don't get some people. And then they sell GTA V full of violence... The game is rated Mature, so can we expect some sort of version without censored parts?

Frostmanus said:
The Witcher 3 trailer looks awesome, but the girl-fish (forgot the proper term) got a covered breasts with some sort of cloth. Why is so wrong to see naked breasts?

To see (naked breasts) or not to see (naked breasts) that is the question
Whether 'tis Nobler in the mind to suffer
The nakedness of outrageous Sex,
Or to take Arms against a Sea of Sin,
And by opposing end them: to die, to sleep
No more; and by a sleep, to say we end
The Heart-ache, and the thousand Natural shocks
That Flesh is heir to?

Let's all just argue the opposite point from what we argued in another thread, shall we?

Frostmanus said:
P.S. The Witcher 3 trailer looks awesome, but the girl-fish (forgot the proper term) got a covered breasts with some sort of cloth.
Valid point. Hey, if someone from CDPR stumbles onto it, I expect mermaids to wear no bikinis in actual game, mind you. Well, they can in North-American version, but no other then that.

Frostmanus said:
Hello!

I just wanted to ask, if I will be able to change Geralt's beard? Not just hair, like it is possible in Witcher 2.
And don't forget to add multiple colors for the beard as well. Default should probably be white-gray.
If that's not possible, then maybe you can make an alchemy potion to get different color of beard?
I am only asking, but I would like to know the answer.

One more question.

P.S. The Witcher 3 trailer looks awesome, but the girl-fish (forgot the proper term) got a covered breasts with some sort of cloth. Why is so wrong to see naked breasts? I just don't get some people. And then they sell GTA V full of violence... The game is rated Mature, so can we expect some sort of version without censored parts?
CDPR has already confirmed that you cannot change the beard, you can only change the hair. The beard is the result of him being isolated and moving from place to place after the wild hunt. Basically he's always on the road in W3. I hate the hair style, but I personally like the beard. Why do you want to change the beard ?
Geralt has never been clean shave in previous games either, he's always had some stubble.

Frostmanus said:
They may have decided to censor some parts so they could freely distribute the trailer and not worry about some sites in some countries setting up age restrictions for the video.

Or it's a design choice. There are mentions of mermaids in the books ("A Little Sacrifice" short story). I don't remember how precisely Sapkowski described them though. They might have had cloths on or not.

Frostmanus said:
P.S. The Witcher 3 trailer looks awesome, but the girl-fish (forgot the proper term) got a covered breasts with some sort of cloth. Why is so wrong to see naked breasts?

A lot of places just wouldn't allow a trailer with nudity. One of the trailers for TW2 actually had two versions, one with a scene of Triss diving nude into a pool, as she does in the game, the other was censored, with her diving fully clothed.

vivaxardas said:
/>

to see (naked breasts) or not to see (naked breasts) that is the question
whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
the nakedness of outrageous sex,
or to take arms against a sea of sin,
and by opposing end them: To die, to sleep
no more; and by a sleep, to say we end
the heart-ache, and the thousand natural shocks
that flesh is heir to?

Let's all just argue the opposite point from what we argued in another thread, shall we?

hahahahaha! Omg!

Go boobs!

Pssst.... dunno what happen up there ^^^^

Flitters said:
HAHAHAHAHA! OMG!

GO BOOBS!

Flitters said:
Valid point. Hey, if someone from CDPR stumbles onto it, I expect mermaids to wear no bikinis in actual game, mind you. Well, they can in North-American version, but no other then that.

EKKK! NOOOOOO dammit NO! :mad:

We haven't heard anything about changing Geralts facial hair and hair colour. I doubt it'll be implemented. Don't expect anything mate.

PS. Beats me my man. We live in a pretty fucked up world. What is especially fucked up about covering up a woman's breasts is that we're constantly fetishizing them. They're just lumps of meat and fat. It's pretty fucked up how demeaning we are when it comes to representing the female body and how hypocritical we are when covet them so much. Demonizing a woman who shows breasts yet appreciates them at the same time? I'm not gonna say fucked up because I've used that phrase far too much in one paragraph.

But it's fucked up...

Shawnkh said:
CDPR has already confirmed that you cannot change the beard, you can only change the hair.

They did? Do you have a source for that? I don't recall anything about whether or not you could change the beard, but I definitely recall that he could be clean-shaven.*

Hairstyle changes will definitely be there. Hair colour changes will probably need mods.

And we already have today's thread about nudity, I don't think we really need another, so maybe you can move this part of the discussion there?

*JPS Podcast back in February. Unfortunately, the link doesn't seem to work any more

dragonbird said:
They did? Do you have a source for that? I don't recall anything about whether or not you could change the beard, but I definitely recall that he could be clean-shaven.*

Hairstyle changes will definitely be there. Hair colour changes will probably need mods.

And we already have today's thread about nudity, I don't think we really need another, so maybe you can move this part of the discussion there?

*JPS Podcast back in February. Unfortunately, the link doesn't seem to work any more
They said you can't change the beard in one of the early Witcher 3 facts articles a long time ago. I'm not sure if they've reconsidered it or not or wether if the source was 100% trustworthy or not. I wish we knew more about the details of at least gameplay, I'd really like to see walkthroughs with developers explaining the features of the game like the Witcher 2 video series.

Shawnkh said:
I'd really like to see walkthroughs with developers explaining the features of the game like the Witcher 2 video series.

Isn't it still too early for that? Games still in alpha I thought?

I like his new look, and to dye his hair NO E-FING WAY!!!
Hair-cut options to clean shave for those who want it fine,
but dont mess with the white/gray hair, that would be hella stupid!!!

Shawnkh said:
They said you can't change the beard in one of the early Witcher 3 facts articles a long time ago. I'm not sure if they've reconsidered it or not or wether if the source was 100% trustworthy or not. I wish we knew more about the details of at least gameplay, I'd really like to see walkthroughs with developers explaining the features of the game like the Witcher 2 video series.

I don't know about changing it, but you can definitely go clean-shaven. I think its mentioned in Angry Joe's (youtube dude) interview at e3. The CDPR guy says you can shave it off but you shouldn't because beards are cool (or something to that effect).

floppypig said:
I don't know about changing it, but you can definitely go clean-shaven. I think its mentioned in Angry Joe's (youtube dude) interview at e3. The CDPR guy says you can shave it off but you shouldn't because beards are cool (or something to that effect).
Thanks. It was a very good video that I had missed.

Top Bottom