Witcher 3 Bugs I've Encountered (PS4, v1.07)

+

The bugs listed below will shortly be submitted (with a save file) through the official feedback link, seen here:

http://en.cdprojektred.com/contact-support/ <<< Official Bug Reporting URL

------------------------
Hi, I'm a former software quality engineer (retired). I registered here just to post a list of the bugs I've encountered. This subfora appears to be the official feedback area, so here it is.

Bugged Quests, Serious (preventing platinum trophy):

• Collect em All (Gwent Trophy Stuck): On my first playthru (bonebreak) I missed several rare cards. I finished the game again on deathmarch, and verified manually that I missed no cards (as best I can tell from third party sites), but the quest failed to complete, the gwent trophy failed to unlock, and thus my platinum trophy is blocked. If it’s relevant, my last 5 cards were random cards, obtained by visiting the last few merchants in the game I’d missed ... and after all the randoms were done, further matches just obtain junk items or nothing at all. BOTTOM LINE: If this is a bug it needs to be prioritized, and if this is an incomplete collection issue then clearly an inventory tool (or an NPC) needs to be added to the game to help players stuck for platinum to identify what they're missing.
  • Races: Crows Perch (Horse Racing Trophy Stuck): I acquired this quest early in the game, but decided not to complete it until later. Unfortunately, at some point during the remainder of my playthough the quest disappeared from all my quest lists (secondary, completed or failed). I completed the Vegelbud Derby Quest (Novigrad) and the For the Goddesses’ Glory Derby (Skellige), but the Velen Derby is nowhere to be found and cannot be reacquired, and as a result this blocks me from completing the horse racing trophy AND platinum trophy.

Bugged Quests (non critical):

• Reason of State: This appears to be new in v1.07, as I didn’t encounter it in my prior playthough. In 1.07, although I’d completed the RoS quest successfully, the quest’s status incorrectly changed from successfully completed to FAILED upon initiating the quest “On Thin Ice”. I lack details to support this, but I suspect this bug may have affected the world’s endstate in my latest playthough, because I was unable to achieve the outcome wherein Ciri becomes Empress.
  • Scavenger Hunt (various): Although much improved in v1.07, many of these quests still fail to provide quest markers and a progress count. Also, for the record, there appear to have been unannounced changes in the stats and level requirements for various ‘school’ gear that were NOT listed in the official changelog for 1.07, which I feel is a little sloppy (professionally speaking).
  • Skellige Most Wanted (DLC): This worked fine on my first playthough when it was initially released as a DLC in 1.05+, but as of 1.07 (my 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] playthough) the quest bugs when the werewolf’s health reaches zero, and cannot proceed ... the animation shows him stagger towards the cliff, then collapse dead, but his healthbar becomes permanently stuck on the HUD showing zero health (even if you leave the area), and a sound FX of his screaming continues endlessly (albeit local).
  • Fool’s Gold (DLC): This bugged for me as soon as it released (v1.05) and is still bugged (v.1.07). The bug involves the pig apparently spawning below (read: inside of) the platform instead of on it, and thus it cannot be located or interacted with in order to progress the quest.
  • Hey you wanna look at my stuff: Player loses the ability to interact with the halfling after the latter flees the witchhunter and moves to his final location, and the quest cannot proceed.

Ergonomic Quirks & Suggestions:

• Crossbow Tweakage: The crossbow is overpowered underwater, and underpowered on land, and would benefit from some game balance tweakage. Also, the code that's supposed to detect and credit headshots towards the Marksman trophy appears to be problematic (I've done at least 120 headshots, and still do not have the trophy).
  • Prevent Active Quest Selection Reset: In various circumstances, a player’s actively selected quest gets repeatedly changed to one of the main storyline quests, whether they want it to or not. For example, near endgame, anytime I got in and out of a boat, my active quest reset from whatever secondary quest or contract I was working on to “Isle of Mists”. Very irritating.
  • Prevent Default Creature Trophy Reset: Every time a player kills a creature for which a decocotion recipe exists, their default choice of which trophy to keep on their mount gets incorrectly overwritten to the latest one earned. Instead, it should just go straight to inventory, with a new item marker.
  • Add Sorting for Completed Quests View: There currently appears to be no sorting for the completed quests view. Please consider adding a sort by order completed, by level, and by alphabetical order ... an easy fix.
  • Add Schematics View to Inventory: Currently, the only way a player can view the list of schematics they’ve acquired is to interact with a blacksmith or armorer, which is extremely tedious during the scavenger hunt missions where it’s otherwise difficult to see what’s still missing. Please add a view similar to that of armorers and blacksmiths, albeit without crafting or shop options active.
  • Tweak Player Statistics View: Instant Kill and/or Dismember appear to be missing from the player statistics view.
  • Add Aquatic Looting: Please add the ability to loot floating bodies.
  • Add Loot List Popup: Currently, when looting, everything goes by in a hurry, and the only way to see what was received was to look for starred items in one’s inventory ... which doesnt help if some of the items were schematics. Please add a popup list of loot similar to the popup used for dismantling gear at a blacksmith/armorer.
  • Pls Add & Maintain a Known Issues sticky thread to the Support Fora: Doing so would help improve customer attitude on our part and good communications practices on yours, and also cut down on a lot of redundant bug reporting on the fora ... better customer relations and less work for you is a win win option, so this should be a no brainer and a part of your standard operating procedures across all software product lines. DO IT.

Otherwise a great game ... I'm just a little frustrated and disappointed with the bugs blocking the platinum trophy, and the slow turnaround on patches.

Cheers.

Last edited:
gwent trophy its bugged

the gwent trophy its bug i dont have the platinum for this trophy my game is in 98%

Attachments

• 20150724160058.jpg
    20150724160058.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 71
  • 20150724160131.jpg
    20150724160131.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 77
Intermittant Bugs:

• Merchants Intermittantly fail to spawn during daytime hours: Although there is clearly a day/night cycle to the appearance of all merchants in the game, I routinely encounter issues with various merchants not appearing during normal daytime hours. For example (one of many), the Armorer in Heirarch Square in Novigrad ... his stall is sometimes empty for me in daytime, and I often have to meditate at least once or twice for at least an hour to get him to spawn. Also, for the record, his hawking call about Swords is wrong, because in this game only "blacksmiths" make swords, and he's an armorer.

Another bug is Get Junior vernon roche you cant progress in the story and they havnt patched it and its been out for months and i'm hoping someone will get it out there and eventually they will patch it so I can play the game again.

Top Bottom