Witcher 3 concept art in conceptartworld.com

+
Witcher 3 concept art in conceptartworld.com

I havent seen a thread about this and, since the Witcher 3 website shows only screenshots in the media section, I thought it might be nice to share the link to the concept art shown in this page:
http://conceptartworld.com/?p=24634
Some examples:

I understand if some people prefer screenshots, since it shows how the game will look, but personally I really like looking at concept art. Not only it is pleasing but it also shows a part of the process and the intentions of the developers. If someone knows where can more of this be found I would appreciate the help finding it.

Hello AM1_vf!

You seem pretty new to this community otherwise you'd know that we love everything of the game and especially concept arts. Not loving them is like saying that you love a house without bricks:)

welcome, thanks a lot for sharing it's absolutely appreciated

For me looking at concept art is somewhat of a bitter-sweet experience. Yes, on the one hand they are visually pleasing and give you a feel for what the developers are striving for but on the other hand the game ends up falling short of that vision most of the time.

Indeed I haven't been in this forums a lot, I didn't intend to say people here prefer screenshots it was just a possibility that crossed my mind when I was writing the post.

Anyway, I'm glad I helped :)

By the way, what’s going on in the lower left corner of this picture?

Is that woman poking that man with a stick? Is the pulling a string out of his clothes? Is the tugging at a rope around his waist?

I wondered about that aswell... at first I thought she had him tied and was pulling but it doesn't seem so, I dunno.

About the bittersweetness, I enjoy the conceps even if they don't manage to put them in the final piece, it may be disappointing not no find something you liked in the game but the original still remains for your ejoyment, like the Montreal sketches for Deus Ex Human Revolution.

Hi. How beautiful are those images.

I like concept art from the games, despite they sometimes trick our vision of the game itself. The part I find amusing about concept art is that those pictures make me imagine various things, about the game which they refer to, but also about other things that happens in my life. Sometimes a picture can inspire many feelings and actions to a person, even if that picture is basically a mix of immobile colours.

About The Witcher's concept art, I love them, the ones from the three games, and I think they can be appreciated better when you've read the books about Geralt.
I love that when I focus in the pieces of those pictures, there can bee seen what looks like random stripes, as if an epic artist in a child's body have made them. The one about an old witcher (I think it's Vesemir) is clearer about that. I don't know if that kind of painting has it's own name.

Demut said:
For me looking at concept art is somewhat of a bitter-sweet experience. Yes, on the one hand they are visually pleasing and give you a feel for what the developers are striving for but on the other hand the game ends up falling short of that vision most of the time.

As in RL. The same feeling you get when you visit a place which you have photo references: the views and impressions are never the same even though it's the same place.

Wichat said:
As in RL. The same feeling you get when you visit a place which you have photo references: the views and impressions are never the same even though it's the same place.
In real life, however, I feel that more often than not it is the other way around and the actual location provides a far better experience than any photo of it.

Top Bottom