Witcher 3 Constant Crashing

+
I first started the witcher 3 a few months ago, no crashes that i can remeber. Completed base game and DLC with no problems.

Figured that I'd try round two with a few mods.
- The Enhancement System
- Multi Companion Mod
- Extra Skill Slots
- Sort Everything
- Better Trophies
- No Fall Damage
- Gallop in cities
- (and a small handful of armour reskin mods)

So in round two i got about 45 hours in before i realized my game saves were broken. My fault that, as i had been using "AllowFT(1)" in the debug console and i missed some important cutscene and messed it all up. So i deleted everything and reinstalled the game.

In round three i installed the same mods but did not use the debug console. got about 6 hours when the game started crashing every five minutes. As i could not figure problem, i deleted everything, and reinstalled the game.

Now in my fourth attempt at playing this game and still the game is crashing.
i would prefer not to install some random software or do weird fixes if possible. the game worked perfectly before, and cant figure out why it wont now.

the crashlog says
*Crash reason: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (3221225477), Error writing location 0xee64cfe8*

Problem is, nearly every crash is an "exception access violation", and i cant find a good enough solution to this specific problem

If anyone is able to provide advice, i would be extremely grateful, im quite bummed that this game seems impossible to play without constant crashing.

Tl;dr - Constant "EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION" crashes despite multiple deletes, reinstalls, and restarts.

So the fourth attempt is with mods too? If yes, I‘ll move this thread to the mod section.

With mods you have to be extra careful, as they can cause all sorts of issues...

i Though i was only one user with Game crashing every time but i Guess more people have this problem, i Just Hope They Release one Patch for Fix it , also allowing Play New Game plus which times the people want , and if they allow Keep Gwent Deck from Previous Playtrough including Skellige Deck, this will make The witcher 3 more playable and fun
Sorry for Edit this Post : i am not on PC but on Ps4 Pro and crashes Happen every time in Random Places , for me could be nice Play NG+ more than 1 Times because 1 Time it's not enough for Fill all Geralt Abilities and i don't Have problem with Every enemy Lv 100 Of Course are Just Sugestion

Last edited:
In this case it does look more like a mod issue. There isn‘t much you can do to patch this. Mods for TW3 are not developed by CDPR.

Besides, one ng+ run is already tricky to balance. Allowing more than one ng+ probably isn‘t as easy as it may sound.

Moving this to Mod Discussions. (Unfortunately, once mods are added to a game, there's really no way to offer official support. It becomes nearly or outright impossible to tell if the issue is caused by the mods or not.)

Top Bottom