Witcher 3 Constantly Minimizing to Desktop

+
Hi All,

I've been experiencing this issue the past few days, and it quite literally makes the game unplayable. After loading in, or even before, the game will just minimize to the desktop. I can select the game again, but there's a 75% chance it just immediately minimizes again, or it does so a few seconds after going back in the game. This occurs in menus as well as the few seconds I'm actually in-game.

I've tried redownloading the game a few times on different drives and even updated my graphics drivers, but the issue still persists. Specs are as follows:

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus Hero XI
CPU: Intel I9-9900k
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
RAM: 16GB
Currently on an SSD, but also occurs on an HDD

I have 2 mods installed: Auto Apply Oils, and Slots Slots SLOTS, but the game ran fine with them, this is a new issue.

What else changed on your computer? Any new programs? I'd close every non-essential application. Especially programs with overlay feature (like Fraps or MSI Afterburner...). Seems like Teamviewer can cause similar programs too, and so on. It's definitely possible that an app is interfering with the game.

Also, it might be best to make sure you play in fullscreen mode (and not borderless window mode).

What else changed on your computer? Any new programs? I'd close every non-essential application. Especially programs with overlay feature (like Fraps or MSI Afterburner...). Seems like Teamviewer can cause similar programs too, and so on. It's definitely possible that an app is interfering with the game.

Also, it might be best to make sure you play in fullscreen mode (and not borderless window mode).

I'm running it in Fullscreen Windowed, and this occurs in every setting. I haven't downloaded any new programs and tried with just running Witcher 3 but with no improvement.

The file "user.setting" on User>Document>TW3 did not work on my game, it kept automatically restoring the value 2 on the file when I launched the game.
As I wrote in another thread, I solved it like this:
C> Program> The Witcher 3> bin> config> base> "general.ini"
Opening this file you will have the string: "[General] ConfigVersion = "number" (my number is 2) replace that number with "1" save the file and start the game.
It will be like reopening the game for the first time, however you will have all your saved games , so you can safely load the game since the last save.
You will only have to reset all the graphic settings according to your needs.
DON'T TOUCH THE FULLSCREEN SETTING EVER AGAIN (lol)
My game work well. Currently, I haven't found any other way to solve this fullscreen problem.

Top Bottom