Witcher 3 crash on launch after patch. Checksum Error ?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Witcher 3 crash on launch after patch. Checksum Error ?

So i downloaded the patch this morning and went to boot the game up and got this error.

I verify the steam integrity twice now, each time it says 1 file was not validated and it will be reaquired. No idea how to require it, or if its automatic ? What to do.. I really do not want to download the 45GB of Heart of Stone and Vanilla + all the dlc again...

Anyone else got this error ?

Is the 4.5MB file the one that is missing ?

---------- Updated at 10:57 PM ----------

Help please, game worked as recently as 10 hrs ago... And died after the patch.... I have verify and let it "download the missing file" 3 times now. Still not working.

Please atleast answer the thread if you are going to move it..

---------- Updated at 10:59 PM ----------

Steam is Now downloading the unlocked 7.8GB B&W expansion ! Please tell me if i need to re download the entire 50GB again before i let steam finish getting B&W, will it fix it after its DL ? halp !

I dont exactly live in a country with blazing internet everywhere so 50Gb download is quite some time for me. Not to mention our soft cap on the internet mthly downloads.

Additional information about my issue is, after i launch the game and it immediately crash on the launch with the checksum error ? I have to manually end the process thread via task manager to try relaunching it again or to verify integrity or anything else. I changed nothing with my pc between last night when the game worked and this morning when it does not.

I run the game completely vanilla, no mods only the dlc from steam.

---------- Updated at 11:42 PM ----------

SO B&W just finished downloading and i still get the error on launching, what gives. I get it immediately upon trying to launch the game.

---------- Updated at 11:46 PM ----------

validating the game files again for the 4th time.

Last edited:
I have never used any mods :( , i stated above that i only use the game vanilla with no other stuff.

OMG IM SO DUMB !

OK so i fixed the issue. It was a "mod" but not one i considered.

It is the console enable "mod" was stopping it from launching.

I fixed it be removing the file that are installed with the console enable for 1.12.

files and folders removed were.

dsound.dll
bin folder
content folder
plugins folder

Alternatively just look at the files that are installed with the 1.12 console enabler patch and remove them.

Game launched fine as soon as i removed them.

Thanks for your time everyone and excuse my frantic fretting, lol was getting desperate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom