+
Setup:
GPU: Rx 5700 xt Gigabyte gaming OC
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
RAM: g.skill tridentz 3200MHz 2x8gb ram
MoBo: b450 tomahawk (motherboard)
PSU: cx750 corsair PSU
Driver: Radeon version 20.1.3

I do NOT have this issue in any other game that I've seen. Although, since I built the rig I've only played BL3, witcher 1 & 2, and Doom 2016. I haven't tried witcher 3 with my old 970 yet.

I've been trying to play the witcher 3 on my new rig but have been unable to get the game to play longer than an hour, and usually any longer than 5 minutes. Sometimes it crashes almost immediately upon the game loading in.

I've attempted underclocking, reinstalling drivers (DDU in safe mode and reinstalling), w/ and w/o mods, reinstalling game, verifying game cache, etc.
Some things I've noticed are the gpu used to run at 99-98% usage the moment I was in the game, but after I disabled the gpu in device manager -> restart -> re-enable gpu => restart, it now runs at 60 - 80 %. For Awhile this seemed to have fixed the issue, but now its back, and the gpu usage is starting to hover closer to 80 - 85%. Still not 99 though.

I'm attaching one of the many crash logs.

Attachments

• witcher3.exe_crash_20200119_134019516.txt
    12.8 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
So what GPU are you playing with? If you have an integrated GPU too, make sure the game does not use the integrated GPU, but only your Nvidia or AMD graphics card.

Also, here are two useful support topics with several suggestions you could try:

CDPR support can be reached by clicking on the "Contact us!" button.

So what GPU are you playing with? If you have an integrated GPU too, make sure the game does not use the integrated GPU, but only your Nvidia or AMD graphics card.

Also, here are two useful support topics with several suggestions you could try:

CDPR support can be reached by clicking on the "Contact us!" button.
Radeon RX 5700 xt, it's in the post but I edited it to make it more clear. Thanks for the reply, I'll see if that helps. However, at a glance I believe I've tried pretty much everything there. So I thought I'd open my own topic.
Edit: No integrated chip either.
Post automatically merged:

Last edited:
1.) Unfortunately, both the Ryzen chipsets and the Latest Radeon cards seem to be having some issues with TW3. Do you get any error pop-ups through Windows when it crashes?

2.) If you're not using Vsync or a frame cap option, definitely enable one. There is no way that your GPU should be coming anywhere near 100% usage pretty much ever. Perhaps a spike here or there in an incredibly busy moment with tons of stuff happening on-screen at high resolution...but no GPU should ever be living in the 90% range. The 60%-80% sounds much more correct.

3.) Overclocked hardware does not always cooperate well with TW3. I'd recommend running at default clock speeds, especially while troubleshooting.

4.) And, as is always a major element, are you using mods, or have you ever used any in the past?

Top Bottom