Witcher 3 Crashes on Launch. Won't launch

+

edo101

Forum regular
Hey guys, I haven't played this game since last summer. Since then, we've gotten couple of Windows 10 upgrades. I tried firing up the game and got stuck on scriipts compiling for the red enginer. I tried using the GOG launcher to verify the game but no avail.

I did have Mods installed and I have a wierd feeling this might be a modding issue? I've attached screencap. Any of y'all had this problem? And or no how to uninstall mods?

Attachments

• witcher3launch error.JPG
    witcher3launch error.JPG
    173.5 KB · Views: 419
Just delete/move away (like to Desktop) your entire Mods folder and remove anything mod-added that may be in the DLC folder.
Alternatively you can follow uninstall instructions on individual mod pages.

edo101

Forum regular
Just delete/move away (like to Desktop) your entire Mods folder and remove anything mod-added that may be in the DLC folder.
Alternatively you can follow uninstall instructions on individual mod pages.

THANKS! That immediately fixed the problem. Now I gotta find out what my mods were and reinstall them :(

edo101

Forum regular
Btw Do you know if there is a way to switch the menu scene to the original one that came with the game before DLCs? I miss the old theme blaring in the menu. I'm stuck with the Blood and Wine themed menu

Btw Do you know if there is a way to switch the menu scene to the original one that came with the game before DLCs? I miss the old theme blaring in the menu. I'm stuck with the Blood and Wine themed menu

There are mods for that. I remember seeing ones that did just what you want, but I don't know if they're still available.
FriendlyHUD definitely has that feature, but it also does a LOT more.

(I'm moving this to Mod discussions since it's kind of heading that way.)

edo101

Forum regular
There are mods for that. I remember seeing ones that did just what you want, but I don't know if they're still available.
FriendlyHUD definitely has that feature, but it also does a LOT more.

(I'm moving this to Mod discussions since it's kind of heading that way.)

Is there also a way to reduce Geralts profile...as in make the camera angle wider so you can see the environment better. On my 55" OLED, Geralt is pretty big. I want to make use of the increased real estate. It's also 4k OLED

Is there also a way to reduce Geralts profile...as in make the camera angle wider so you can see the environment better. On my 55" OLED, Geralt is pretty big. I want to make use of the increased real estate. It's also 4k OLED

No idea. Check around the Nexus maybe.

Top Bottom