Witcher 3 - Cross-Save PC and Nintendo Switch

+
Greetings,

With the release of Witcher 3 on Nintendo Switch, I was wondering if CDProject Red would be so kind to implement and patch-in Cross-Save function, now that we have it as an option? (as Larian did for Divinity)

I know that it is working with Steam, not sure about GoG but it would be a great thing to do!
What do the forum think about this?

Thanks,
//Naki

Greetings,

With the release of Witcher 3 on Nintendo Switch, I was wondering if CDProject Red would be so kind to implement and patch-in Cross-Save function, now that we have it as an option? (as Larian did for Divinity)

I know that it is working with Steam, not sure about GoG but it would be a great thing to do!
What do the forum think about this?

Thanks,
//Naki

While that would be lovely, I'm not sure how practical it would be for TW3.

I would definitely use this if I had the opportunity. On the Switch it's my second run (after PC). I know many peoples that have the same.

While that would be lovely, I'm not sure how practical it would be for TW3.
Sorry for being off for a while,

The practicality is that those that love the game and travel a lot would have the option to play their actual play-through when they stand up from their main PC.

Sorry for being off for a while,

The practicality is that those that love the game and travel a lot would have the option to play their actual play-through when they stand up from their main PC.

It's not that it wouldn't be a cool feature, it's that you're talking about taking two different versions of a program, specifically built two different ways, to operate correctly on two different platforms, then basically requesting that the devs make them the same. Don't get me wrong -- sometimes this is possible. But the way things work on the Switch vs. PC are probably not going to be compatible.

sWitcher 3 was built on RED 3 engine too like all the versions. Nowadays most engines (if you code native) can deploy to X console with a click of a button. Also on Switch people edit the config files of the Witcher 3 game to make it better looking (while consuming more power and making it less portable.. but docked it looks great.) It shows that most of the files are the same, and most probably people can import saves already on hacked switch consoles.

And on top of all this, it can be patched in easily. Since it would not be a feature that needs to be built into the game / engine, but a simple cloud copy feature from Steam / GOG to Nintendo's cloud.

UPDATE.//
So Switch is Version 1.6 and on Switch hacker forums people confirm that saves copy from PC version 1.32 works and they can load it.
But they cant load back the Switch's 1.6 version on PC. So now they are working on a converter. (not gonna link forum... you can maybe find it)

Last edited:
If CDPR read this, I only have the game on Switch, but I would buy it on PC instantly if cross save functionality was implemented. That would be a dream, play it in all it's intended glory at home on PC and take that save game on the road.

If CDPR read this, I only have the game on Switch, but I would buy it on PC instantly if cross save functionality was implemented. That would be a dream, play it in all it's intended glory at home on PC and take that save game on the road.
I second this.
Currently I'm playing TW3 on Switch when I'm on the go and via Dock-mode at home. But If given the opportunity of cross-save, I would definitely play it on my PC at home.
A glorious dream indeed.

Since there's a coming patch please implement cross save between PC and nintendo Switch i will also buy on PC i dont care if dual purchase.

I would absolutely love this feature, and would buy TW3 on PC instantly if this was coming out!

Sounds like people have gotten this to work unofficially, so hopefully there's scope for CDPR to make cross-save happen.

I'm mostly on-the-go so playing on the switch suits me. But I also have a decent PC, so whenever I get the opportunity to have a proper sit-down session I do like to play games at a higher fidelity.

So yeah, this would be a really cool feature!

Top Bottom