Witcher 3 destroyed my life

+
Seriously, each time I read the title of this thread, I keep thinking that The Witcher 3 eloped with the OP's girlfriend or something.
What makes you think it hasn't? After all, Geralt can be quite a rogue at times. . . .
Hero of Aedirn emote black 44 TP.png

I love how supportive everybody is in this thread haha

No but I mean I get it, every time I finished it before I take some time before starting again and, well, this might sound really weird but I almost sort of feel like I'm in mourning?

I'm on my 4th playthrough and recording it all this time because I want to store it to memory forever, sort of. I feel the game deserves a high-quality preservation. (I'm also sharing it on my YT channel in case anybody takes an interest. Difficulty is Death March and quality is 4K HDR)

[Edited -- SigilFey]

Last edited by a moderator:
yes i'm working up the courage for another playthrough but I know very well the feeling that will come when I finish it again. it is bittersweet.

Me too:cry:
After this game, my entire "career" as a gamer has come to an...abrupt halt.
After TW3, I played many games, many open world titles, like Horizon Zero Dawn or Zelda. I liked some small-games like GreedFall or The Sinking City (HPL game!) I found strange echoes from The Witcher, when CDPR was still a small but talented company. Well, my "time count" on TW3 was....terrible 789h ;(

Sorry for my eng, but I understand that feeling.

Perhaps recovery centers should be created for the ex-gamers of TW3? :giveup:

Lol, I played this game and can play tons of other games just fine.

Not really that special. [...]

Edited. -Drac

Last edited by a moderator:
My standards have definitely peaked post the Witcher 3. I will admit that horror games that emphasize the woods have similar energy to it in some way.

When I finished Witcher 2, I was nervous before starting the Witcher 3, because I would be upset if it wasn't as great as previous game.

Maybe some story-driven games like The Last of Us or Uncharted series would be able to surpass your expectations, other than that you won't find anything even close to The Witcher 3, I'm afraid!

Yup, know exactly what you mean. Started with Witcher 1 and thought "That's a game" So 2 was quickly consumed, but had no idea how great 3 would be. Still playing. Though I can't be bothered with the Death March mode. To frantic for my taste.'
Can't really see how you can finish the game though. There are so many ways to do a play through. This one I don't always try to get the best gear and never rush Roach unless it's a race. Ye sure the beasties get me a bit more often, but it's a different kinds fun.

Yup, know exactly what you mean. Started with Witcher 1 and thought "That's a game" So 2 was quickly consumed, but had no idea how great 3 would be. Still playing. Though I can't be bothered with the Death March mode. To frantic for my taste.'
Can't really see how you can finish the game though. There are so many ways to do a play through. This one I don't always try to get the best gear and never rush Roach unless it's a race. Ye sure the beasties get me a bit more often, but it's a different kinds fun.

I'm the same way. I tend to walk (not jog) everywhere. I rarely fast-travel, although the more times I play through a game these days, the more likely I am to use it. (I really prefer it when there's an "immersive" fast travel method. Meaning: instant travel that makes sense within the laws of the game world...like portals.)

As for the story aspects of CP2077 -- I do think TW3 will be a really hard act to follow. Supremely developed literary characters...but CDPR also managed to create and develop characters of their own.

I'm prepared to be well and truly blown away by some of the characters and drama CDPR creates for Cyberpunk. Plus, I trust actors like Reeves to deliver on the performance and not phone it in. I think he really gets into this stuff. I'm expecting to be grinning ear-to-ear many times.

I can relate OP, after witcher 3 it's really hard to go back to other games, CDPR set such a high standard and even now, years later, few RPGs compare. Don't really have an answer other than... try a different hobby for a while?

I will play this masterpiece all my life until my death

My absolute dream is a The Witcher 4 with Geralt i pray so hard for this since 5 years now

Top Bottom