Witcher 3 does not run anymore

+
After upgrading my PC (changed out the CPU, motherboard, RAM and cooling) and reinstalling the witcher 3 it is stuttering at every interval and doesnt seem to go higher than 10 or so FPS. This starts immediatly after starting up a new game in Kear Morhen. I have searched trough the forum and trough other troubleshooting websites ect and havent found anything yet that seems to fix the issue. I did figure out, trough taskmanager, that while playing the witcher it seems not to use the GPU (even after disableing the GPU on the motherboard).

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Specs:

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700K @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
AORUS Z590 ELITE AX
Nvidia GeForce 1080
16gb of RAM

I was playing Witcher 3 and Skyrim on medium settings on a I7-920 with a ATI 5870 graphics card. I know an old system. One day my framerate dropped to an unplayable 3-4 FPS. The start and loading video would be fine but when I got to gameplay the video and controls slowed and stuttered. I tried many solutions from the forums to no avail. I used clean boot to isolate a service that was slowing my system. It is the ENTRYPROTECT Service by SENTRYBAY.

Go to the Search box in the bottom left corner of your Windows screen and type msconfig and hit enter. At the bottom of the tab box check the box that says "Selective Startup" and uncheck the bottom box "use original boot configuration". Click on the Services Tab at the top, then at the bottom of this screen select "Hide all Microsoft Services". Now scroll down until you find ENTRYPROTECT Service by SENTRYBAY and uncheck the box. Hit apply at the bottom and it will ask you to restart. After restart try Witcher 3 again. I got my playable Witcher game back to normal after disabling this service.

"ENTRYPROTECT Service by Sentrybay seems to be something newly added I think by AVAST to protect passwords and other critical information. You may want to enable it again when you do banking and other sensitive computing.

Steam may need to work with Sentrybay for a fix as it seems to affect all Steam Games.

After upgrading my PC (changed out the CPU, motherboard, RAM and cooling) and reinstalling the witcher 3 it is stuttering at every interval and doesnt seem to go higher than 10 or so FPS. This starts immediatly after starting up a new game in Kear Morhen. I have searched trough the forum and trough other troubleshooting websites ect and havent found anything yet that seems to fix the issue. I did figure out, trough taskmanager, that while playing the witcher it seems not to use the GPU (even after disableing the GPU on the motherboard).

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Specs:

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700K @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
AORUS Z590 ELITE AX
Nvidia GeForce 1080
16gb of RAM
First thing I would do is can all the Gigabyte bloatware if you installed any of it, especially their crappy RBG Fusion control software which is notorious for stealing CPU cycles and causing stuttering. Also check to see if they have a newer BIOS (likely they do) because the production BIOS is usually buggy and out of date (Not just a Gigabyte problem)

Top Bottom