Witcher 3 Enchanced Edition happening?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe 1.12 release date?

B&W isn't released yet so I think they won't make an enhanced edition before every DLC / Addon is released.
Also it seems too soon to make an enhanced edition.

Last edited:
Apparently 2 different sites have the same date set and title Enhanced edition.
I just bring you this discovery don't shoot the messenger :p

If an enhanced edition was to be released, I would rather have it towards the end of the year, so that it is possible to make substantial additions to the game. If it is released together with Blood and Wine, then it could end up being just some bundling deal with all the DLCs/expansions, and some minor extras.

What do we have here?! : ))))))))

Well, its not like I am super excited since it is confirmed Iorveth and Saskia will not be included in the game though.....

But each day, I hope to see some TW3 news so yeah, Im just kidding, I am super excited!!!!

So, will it be free upgrade for people who already own TW3? Or will we have to pay some extra?

Thats the feeling I get as well but then.....2 different sites have the exact same date, so maybe there is a chance?

CDPR we need to know, NOW!

Definitely fake. I don't know why this is getting attention. Blood and Wine won't be out by February, which means that there's 0 chance of an EE before then. It got pushed back to Q2 2016, so around May or June seems a lot more likely. If it was coming that soon, there would already be trailer footage or some kind of PR machine going.

"Leaks" like this happen all the time. Unless they're from a big international retailer, take them with a massive grain of salt. I could see a "Complete" Edition coming after after Blood and Wine, or if they're doing a proper Enhanced Edition (there's more than enough cut content and issues with the base game to justify it) than obviously that will come towards the end of the year for a final Holiday sales push.

Last edited:
I dont think Blood and Wine would influence the enhanced edition in any way?

Isn't that about adding extra stuff that has nothing to do with either expansion?

I dont think Blood and Wine would influence the enhanced edition in any way?

Isn't that about adding extra stuff that has nothing to do with either expansion?

Think about sales potential. It doesn't make business sense to put out a (free, probably) EE before the expansions are finished.

Maybe the expansions would not be included with the enhaced edition.

I would see them being included in something like "complete edition" or "goty edition" while ehnaced is just a little extra content.

Anyways, can somebody finally confirm or deny this so I can start/stop being excited. CDPR please!

Someone posted this picture on neogaf:

Can someone confirm that this is actually listed on http://amazon.fr ?

Attachments

• LgBnPoW.jpg
    LgBnPoW.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 57
Think about sales potential. It doesn't make business sense to put out a (free, probably) EE before the expansions are finished.

If more people buy the base game because it is promoted with an EE, then more will also buy BaW when it is released a couple months later. And if it is not "enhanced" much (it is more about marketing than any kind of major content addition), then it is not unrealistic to be released so soon, even if it is disappointing. But it could very well be fake - not necessarily intentionally, a couple of stores may just have incorrect information.

Maybe the expansions would not be included with the enhaced edition.

Then what would be the point of this new edition? Hey, buy our new version to get all the patches and DLC that's already free...

There's going to be backlash if they charge for new content in a EE. The precedent has been set, both by CDPR and other developers, that EE are free updates.

I would see them being included in something like "complete edition" or "goty edition" while ehnaced is just a little extra content.

Retail editions cost a lot of money to get out there. I don't see them doing 3 different editions (base, EE, EE + expansions) in two years. It doesn't make sense.

If more people buy the base game because it is promoted with an EE, then more will also buy BaW when it is released a couple months later. And if it is not "enhanced" much (it is more about marketing than any kind of major content addition), then it is not unrealistic to be released so soon, even if it is disappointing. But it could very well be fake - not necessarily intentionally, a couple of stores may just have incorrect information.

There are three main types of people who are going to be interested in a EE retail package. The hardcore fans/collectors who want to own everything CDPR put out. The consumer that has been waiting for a cheaper and more complete version of the game, and the person with terrible internet speeds who prefers retail versions (lots of people like this in Europe).

An EE without the expansions will only satisfy the hardest of the hardcore, and will be difficult to market apart from the base game. With the expansions included, they could talk about how much extra content, x hours completely new, all new lands, characters and whatnot.

This news is fake. I'll eat my boot if it isn't. :p

Last edited:
I think that this is fake for 2 reasons:
1)BaW was delayed until Q2 2016(Technically,it is still first half of 2016,but practically they meant Q2 2016).Even though an EE adds stuff to the main game,and has nothing to do with the expansions,it wouldn't make sense to leave the expansions out.
2)Even if it would make sense though,who worked on the EE?Most REDs have moved on to Cyberpunk.The remaining ones have been working on the free DLCs,HoS and BaW this whole time

It seems there is a different EAN code for this alleged enhanced edition:
- original: 3391891978866
- "enhanced": 3391891987189
Perhaps searching for these could reveal more information.

I do believe a GOTY/Enhanced Edition is going to happen probably with all the DLCs included but this would make sense only after everything is released.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom