Witcher 3 First 15 minutes gameplay!

+

There seems to be some hostility towards the player in this preview. But, I suppose it's only to be expected: after all, he (or she) got to play the game, and we didn't.

It was a comment concerning the difficulty of the game really, i don't mind the player.

PS: Although that little weasel got to play the game before us :D

Well i don't know about that. I guess he did seem to dodge and roll for no reason at some points in combat and to the wrong direction but i dont blame him, probably havent played it much.

---------- Updated at 10:48 AM ----------

The player was probably on normal so he died quite easily. I am usually playing on hard cause i am a bit of a masochist when it comes to the witcher.

I find these 15 min really good, but i have doubt, if the roll-dodge-mechanic is so good. It seems you can spam it, so i see me, while rolle the whole fight and attack sometimes. I found the dodge-animation from w1 better, they fit the hole fightingstyle more than this.

I dont realised that, but if this isnt something you can take off in the options, i dot see me, just make sidesteps, because when the fight get harder, i will try to stay alive, with all the games allows me too. So I will the roll automatically, even if i dont want to .

I dont realised that, but if this isnt something you can take off in the options, i dot see me, just make sidesteps, because when the fight get harder, i will try to stay alive, with all the games allows me too. So I will the roll automatically, even if i dont want to .
IMO it seems that rolling isn;t that effective - looked like he died because of rolling in fact. It may give you some space, but you are to far from the enemy to actualy hit it. I think, and I hope, that sidesteps are simply more effective during the fight. They may be more difficult, but on one hand you can avoid getting hit, and on the other - you are close enough to strike the enemy while he is most voulnerable.

I have read through this thread, and It is very strange and disappointing that very few posts actually talked about Geralt and Vesemir's interaction. All we seem to care about these days are graphics, but as old fans we forget that graphics were not why Witcher 1 was great nor will it be why WItcher 3 would be great or disappointing. I want to take this time to tell the new fans that the Witcher is not about graphics, but it is about a great story told within a rich lore with a unique and immersive atmosphere. It is about mature subjects and life like gray decisions that have consequences that might surprise you. It is about interesting and deep characters and their relationships. These are the things that are most important in the Witcher.

That being said I loved Geralt and Vesemir's interaction. We felt the father and son relationship, and its portrayal was so subtle and perfect. We see a father and son, that care about each other, trying to hide their emotions and act tough for each other. The expression on Vesemir's face when he asks about Geralt's nightmare, shows that he cares about Geralt. They argue about the rereading the letter like any father and son arguing about silly stuff. Vesemir then raises his voice on Geralt like a father, and Geralt daunts Vesemir with a smart comment like a rebellious kid. Although Geralt is a dick to Vesemir in the beginning, we see that he cares about his old man by the look on his face when Vesemir is injured by the Griffin. Vesemir then acts tough for Geralt by telling him that the beast barely grazed him.
I really liked the strong writing and delivery, which makes Geralt and Vesemir's interaction so smooth and believable.

Why would i talk about storytelling, interactions, story, etc, when i know it's gonna be great? This is CDPR.

I want to talk about graphics but in the context of atmosphere. Now this video looks good (bad quality though), but i would do things differently here - aka Witcher 1 style.

But one thing that i don't like in this video is fighting. It's too fast, and looks ridiculous in some cases.

A bit of in-depth analysis, in terms of story and gameplay, from a Witcher fan

great detailed vid

being a console player..i watched this guys(mr odd) witcher 1 walkthrough....you could tell he was new to the witcher but he soon got into the game...and his walkthrough was very detailed.....i would recomend it to anyone who like me played withcher 2(several times hah) but did'nt play the first.

Why would i talk about storytelling, interactions, story, etc, when i know it's gonna be great? This is CDPR.

I want to talk about graphics but in the context of atmosphere. Now this video looks good (bad quality though), but i would do things differently here - aka Witcher 1 style.

But one thing that i don't like in this video is fighting. It's too fast, and looks ridiculous in some cases.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c

Seriously though, i think the speed looks fantastic. It's Geralt we're talking about, he could kill a dozen people in 3 seconds or something. The combat is fast paced but it's not "Ridiculous".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c

Seriously though, i think the speed looks fantastic. It's Geralt we're talking about, he could kill a dozen people in 3 seconds or something. The combat is fast paced but it's not "Ridiculous".

Yes it is my opinion, which is obvious. I'm perfectly aware of that.

To me fighting looks ridiculous. I prefer W2 speed with a little bit better response - input lag.

Top Bottom