Witcher 3 First 15 minutes gameplay!

+
Kinda agree. I like it in its more moderate form like when Geralt severs an arm or decapitates in a finisher, and keeping it rare. But cutting the deserter in half from waist to opposite shoulder seems too much.
I also didn't like how the blood drenched both severed parts of the bandit. I feel like it should have been a cleaner cut with some blood stains on where the cut actually happened. Covering the entire upper torso in blood looked ridiculous.

The slow-motion is activated by choice of the player. You can choose not to use it.

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...es-gameplay!?p=1589292&viewfull=1#post1589292
I read that before and I'm still not a fan of it. I like the animation of Geralt readying his sword for an attack on horseback, but I don't want to have to go in to slow motion every time I want to ready Geralt's sword.

One thing that is off to me is that there is no ambient audio on the world map screen. Feels really odd.

If Geralt uses his leg to deflect the incoming blow there should be no metal on metal spark

It looks to me like his sword near-instantly teleports to almost on his left side where he then kicks the blade (for additional force/speed) upwards to block the attack. For me the block itself looks really good, just not the blade teleporting to the starting position of the movement.

Hey, I understand

I've stopped arguing over the downgrade because people kept showing me Marcin's statement, in which he says that the VGX graphics would be reproducible in the final release.

If we do NOT get volumetric clouds, the draw distance, the vegetation density, the foliage quality and the LoD seen in the VGX trailer, then I'll have to add CDPR to my grey/blacklist. CDPR has always done their best to satisfy their PC playerbase, especially by releasing a free enhanced edition that encompassed many features that would be otherwise DLC worthy.

All I can say, for now, is wait until we get our hands on some Ultra footage

^^ If these bold statements are found out to be lies, then I'll have no respect for CDPR anymore ever

The draw distance, vegetation density, foliage quality and the LOD is already plainly obvious in this video. The graphics in this video look amazing and every bit as good as any of the previous footage they've shown for the game, including the VGX trailer. As for the semi-volumetric clouds, well, yeah, we don't see any obvious sign of them in this video, but that doesn't mean that they aren't present in the game. Obviously not every area is going to be foggy or have low lying clouds. Semi-volumetric clouds are present in some of the most recent screenshots and I'd bet good money that they are present in the game as well.

Now, obviously these are different locations under very different lighting conditions and the quality isn't the greatest since they are just screen captures from the respective videos. But what they do show is that there is no discrepancy in the quality of the assets between the VGX gameplay footage and the new 15 minutes of footage. If anything, the new footage looks a bit better to me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-07-03-14-09.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-07-03-14-09.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot_2015-04-07-17-29-23.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-07-17-29-23.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 38
Here are some more screen captures to compare. I tried to find areas that were at least somewhat comparable.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-07-03-16-52.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-07-03-16-52.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_2015-04-07-18-03-15.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-07-18-03-15.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_2015-04-07-03-16-18.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-07-03-16-18.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_2015-04-07-18-02-22.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-07-18-02-22.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 32
I don't know about you guys, but from all the footage shown, the one that looked best for me is the 35 min Downwarren video.
Hope we get proper HD uncompressed video of this one to compare..

This is arranged, not a real fight.
And ordinary human with iron armor, shield, and sword is slow.

To speed up fight with some ability in certain situations would be ok. I think Witcher 1 has this?

Not really. If the armour was fitted to the wearer and he had some experience fighting in it he wouldn't be encumbered much. If the armour was any good the weight would be evenly distributed on his body. Look up armour mobility on Youtube, you're in for a surprise. Then there's the fact that armour serves as an offensive weapon in its own right as the ability to withstand blows that would otherwise be lethal allows you to be a lot more aggressive.

I read through this whole topic and don't understand how you can say these graphics are amazing when you can't see them properly due to the terrible video quality

I read through this whole topic and don't understand how you can say these graphics are amazing when you can't see them properly due to the terrible video quality

Hey i wouldn't worry about that. Most, if not all, people who actually played the game so far say it looks great even just on high settings and i am sure it does.

It's just that people nowadays are looking for reasons to get worked up and disappointed. We'll see soon enough how good it looks when we get our hands on it, which i can't wait after seeing this 15 mins over and over, even though the quality is bad.

another thing I wonder. how long is the day-night cycle? because in the 15 minute video it's constantly sunset/early night. I like a very long day night cycle btw, especially if the world is big and it takes a long way to travel.

another thing I wonder. how long is the day-night cycle? because in the 15 minute video it's constantly sunset/early night. I like a very long day night cycle btw, especially if the world is big and it takes a long way to travel.
As far as I noticed 6 secs of real time means 1 minute of ingame time

Top Bottom