Witcher 3 First 15 minutes gameplay!

+
I want them to get rid of the blue glowing of the sword.

Also, Marcin said we would get VGX level on ultra? Like, in terms of DOF and reflections and foliage?

I'm not sure what some of you think you see in the VGX trailer that is so special. Maybe because it's mostly cutscenes and those tend to be more impressive than random gameplay?

Honestly, the few gameplay segments from the VGX trailer do not look better than this recent footage. In fact, I'd say the new footage looks better. Check out the comparison I did a few pages back: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...st-15-minutes-gameplay!?p=1592158#post1592158

Yeah, the cutscenes look awesome, but I will bet anything that those cutscenes are still in the game and will look just as good, if not better.

Last edited:
PAX gameplay had the right sun orientation, but in GDC gameplay, the sun was rising from the west...
probably just a prologue thing....

not really that big of a deal imo.... its not like it really changes anything...

life on earth would be pretty much the same if the sun rose from the west and set in the east.... right? :)

life on earth would be pretty much the same if the sun rose from the west and set in the east.... right? :)

Not if that new arrangement started tomorrow ;)

The Earths magnetic poles have shifted before, it seems they do so quite regularly, and since fundamentally theres no "up" in space, determining direction is rather arbitrary...

It is clearly a bug or mishap that happens as far as we know in White Orchard only. The question that is far more important is how serious this actually is? Of course one would assume it can easily be fixed by simply changing it so order is yet restored and the sun again rises in the east and sets in the west. However that can only be done safely if for example no cut scenes bear absolutely no bearing on what direction the sun rises and sets in. In case they do there could be a more substantial problem that could mean some cut scenes need to be reworked.

Furthermore I could also see some artistic bumps that however won't really affect the game but would mean that the gaming world is not perceived as the artists envisioned it.

Last edited:
Not if that new arrangement started tomorrow ;)

The Earths magnetic poles have shifted before, it seems they do so quite regularly, and since fundamentally theres no "up" in space, determining direction is rather arbitrary...

Actually I tried to find the episode about pole shifts and when Stephen Fry pointed out that pole shifts have happened before and could again. Someone states that they'd refuse to acknowledge this if it turned out that they suddenly lived in southern part of London. Or was it northern?

So I've been watching the newest ign video (even tho every fiber in my body didn't want to spoil the first 15 minutes - stupid ign and there "first 15... series") and something took my interest, namely there was absolutely no blood splatter on the ground while fighting with human enemies (there was some during wolf fight and during royal wyvern fight in the last gameplay material). Is it a bug? There were puddles after they died yeah, but during the fight there wasn't a single drop of blood there after they got slashed, which is kind of weird considering Witcher should put more attention to this kind of details.

I know this is a funny thing to write about, but after 100 hours I put into Bloodborne I came to appreciate a well done blood splatter system after hitting an enemy.

This is an example of what I'm talkin' about:

Sooo ... any hope it's just a glitch?

All right, friends, I realise we can't be sure this is even the final icon for Vitality Regeneration, but does anyone else have a guess what this is supposed to be? It looks like a heart with a couple of leaves growing from it, to me.

Actually if you look closely the symbol resembles two hands grasping around a vase with a plant growing out of it.

Actually if you look closely the symbol resembles two hands grasping around a vase with a plant growing out of it.

I saw a heart with leaves sprouting out of it...until you made your comment about it looking like hands. The vase I don't see though. Well okay yes, but if I look at that as well I see a heart aorta, or whatever it's called.

Until I can see a clearer picture I'm sticking with my initial belief: it's a heart.

Though good call about the hands. But what would that resemble really? Is Geralt moonlighting as a forester now? :happy:

^_^

Actually I also thought of this merry song:

Seriously though, that symbol appears after Geralt eats a loaf of bread. You see it in the lower left corner. He has four and then suddenly he has three and the regeneration symbol appears onscreen.

The player tries to heal himself earlier as well, during the ghoul fight, though that didn't help obviously.

I got a question but dont want to open a new thread for that cuz of the spam.

Does anyone know if for example you got a quest for a big ass monster out there like this:

View attachment 12459

You slay the monster and get the trophy which means its obviously dead.
Will those BAMS respawn that one can fight it again later on and maybe with a stronger level (better loot/more exp) or is dead just dead?

And about the stronger monsters thing: If you play on a harder level like "difficult" do you get better loot and gain more exp than playing on "normal"?

Attachments

• 1371178393-some-creatures-will-be-more-prone-to-inflammation-than-others-the-igni-singn-works-pe.jpg
    1371178393-some-creatures-will-be-more-prone-to-inflammation-than-others-the-igni-singn-works-pe.jpg
    387.9 KB · Views: 53
IGN has to be the absolutely worst place to watch videos on the whole internet.
I'm buffering every three seconds for a minute.

Top Bottom