Witcher 3 First 15 minutes gameplay!

+
Only plot points mentioned are about the state of the northern kingdoms (not sure if this is affected by choices in TW2) and that you're searching for Yennifer. Not much more than that. It's more like the first 8ish minutes of the game and then just wondering around for another 7 minutes.

Anyway, looks great. Although, not too impressed with Vesemir's voice acting. Geralt was great as always.

I skipped some parts to avoid knowing everything but:

- Im surprised by the facial animations and the way the conversations are displayed, they look excellent.
- Sorry to mention this but grass stands out, it doesnt look bad, it just looks way worse than everything else in the game, but since the game is beautiful its impossible not to notice.
- Combat animations seem a little stiff and not blended with others.
- Sound is amazing, especially the sounds of the environment, previous games dont even come close.
- Water looks amazing as well.
- The HUD is much smaller than in GDC and PAX, it now fits the screen better.
- Too bad the music is disabled, less epicness :(
- The voice acting for Vesemir sounds like forced a bit, the tones and pace, he does sound like an old guy actually, but its too much. Geralt was good though.

It was a nice video, nothing too exiting, probably to keep spoilers away and save for a trailer, but I'm crazy about this game and I wouldnt call it a must watch or anything close.

EDIT: sorry, move this to the appropriate thread.

It happens only if you hold button, if you tap it, there won't be slow-motion. Confirmed by @Marcin Momot on polish forum :).

Ah brilliant. That was one of very, very few concerns in the footage, and I was hoping that we weren't going to be entering slo-mo literally every time.

Fantastic, just fucking fantastic all-around.

Ambient sound is impeccable.
Lighting is beyond gorgeous.
Combat looks solid, I still don't like the "style" these presenters play the game, so with my own brand of movement/flow it should be excellent.
Atmosphere is strong as fuck.
Writing is so incredibly on-point, and watching this I have absolutely NO concerns that they're purposefully trying to ease up on Story, Characters and book references just to accommodate newcomers.
Animations, Lip-Syncing, etc is all top notch.

The only thing I'm still worried about is all the hand-holding going on via the Map/Mini-Map. Although if customization is as strong as we've been led to believe, hopefully we'll be able to turn all that crap off and it should be perfect.

42 days... Hurry up...

Anyone have a idea if this is the January build or something more recent ?:hmm:

also "DEM LOADING TIMES" :yes:

Last edited:
Not watching :/ ...

great, all that waiting for first 15 minutes of the game, basically 1 big spoiler...

Barely any spoiler, because it doesn't show the first 15 minutes of the game. It shows the first 5 min of the prologue (game starts with a tutorial, which is rather spoilery) and 10 min of they guy exploring the world.

I really liked it overall especially the beginning of the video. The writing is great, and the overall vibe is very Witchery. The locations are filled with life and they are very atmospheric. Also the combat looks more fluid than ever.
But some animations such as the jumping still look clunky. Also the camera does the opposite of what I expect. It gets closer to Geralt when he gets on a horse, and it pans out when he is off the horse. I personally expect the camera to pan out when he is on the horse, and get closer to him when he is on foot.

Should I be watching any more of these, I feel like I'll know half of the game by the time it comes out with all of the reveals...

This gameplay is close to perfect. I missing the music from the bacground, but I think it was turned off so we can hear the ambient/nature sounds which I love already. Not to mention that finally the player played on proper difficulty settings, and we can saw that even some ghouls can kill us. Speaking of ghouls, I will clear that nest during nighttime because it will be more atmospheric and I guess a bit harder as well. I wonder what kind of creatures we will able to see in this place during the night.

Top Bottom