Witcher 3 First 15 minutes gameplay!

+
Ok, I just had to watch it, needless to say, it look very promising. It's also fairly spoiler-free thankfully.

One thing stood out for me, namely the jumping animation, it looks more awkward than in previous gameplays... or we just haven't seen Geralt jumping around randomly so far.

Attachments

• fantastic.jpg
    fantastic.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 46
They should have made that roll or dodge or block to cost stamina. That would be the best way to discourage spamming. Have they removed that?

Not really, only the designers can tell if that would be the best way, or anything useful at all. A million of things influence combat moves and their rules. For example, I'd be more prone to say that the first thing you have to check if a dodge move is OP are the enemy attack patterns, ranges, and their recovery time and capabilities to change direction, but like I said, we dont know shit about TW3 yet.

What have they removed? i dont understand, TW2 didnt have stamina costs for rolling, if you mean for blocking then I think that is gone in TW3, because in the video stamina doesnt go down when geralt blocks. But that doesnt leave out the possibility that you may be able to block only a selected number of times, according perhaps to skills, level, enemy types, etc.

ok, so slow-mo needs to die in a fire, and it'd be nice if we could toggle the visibility/size of some hud elements, other than that, no complaints

Can someone explain me how to skip april please? Would pay for it..

I'm rather afraid we're stuck with April, however, spending more time outdoors, and away from electronic devices connected to the internet, may help pass the time, somewhat. As if any of us are going to this, though!

I think someone mentioned earlier that slo-mo is optional and as far as I'm aware the hud is going to be highly adjustable.

i will be using slo-mo on horse for sure. What i really like is how the archer killed his buddy :D worst archer ever :D

- are we looking at PC high settings or Xbox/PS4
- anyone got link to uncompressed version?

Xbox according to some.
There's no uncompressed version yet and it might be a IGN exclusive so therefore not sure we get any of this particular video.

IsengrimR

As seen before there are no potion drinking animations. No eating animations even. Just hit the button and get the effect.

Well, that is a disappointment. Healing mid-combat should be a risk-reward thing. Maybe it's just me, but I like challenge in my aRPGs, thank you very much.

Voices? Very good voice acting. No questions asked.

Animations? A bit stiff, especially walking. There are however, animations while idle, checking gloves and such - that is a very nice detail.

Horse slow mo... The fuck is that doing here exactly?

Item durability... Ugh. Personal preference but I think that system never made much sense in the first place.

Massive inventory space. Why? And I was so happy for the return, of much Witcher 1-like grid system, making you pay attention to what you carry.

Sticking arrows. At least for a bit. Yay!

Ok. Now, let's just wait another month with change to see if it actually is any good, shall we?

"easier" is the last attribute I want to have associated with this game

Unless this video was played on "Moron" difficulty, then I suppose word easy will be associated with it. No punishment for healing ( and needing to heal is a screw up in a first place), seems there less pressure on proper preparation. Only thing that is harder than W2 from what I saw, is that you need to judge the distance before striking.

Last edited:
Xbox according to some.
There's no uncompressed version yet and it might be a IGN exclusive so therefore not sure we get any of this particular video.
Yeah judging by on screen buttons however could be PC with Xbox controller?
Hope they do downloadable version..

Top Bottom