Witcher 3 First 15 minutes gameplay!

+
Though I like how they modified the dismemberment system, I have to disagree on the matter of the Dark Souls comparison.
In fact TW3 beats that game on every field, exception made for the hit feedback, which is one of the strongest points of that saga (I'm not a fan of those games, I have sold them as soon as I finished them). You can feel the weight of every swing in From Software games.
But TW3 is overall on another planet, even compared to Bloodborne. Maybe it's too soon to say that, but this is my gut feeling...

I'm loving Bloodborne, I don't know about TW3 being on another planet. You know, BB i'm currently playing and it is great, while I've only seen some trailers of TW3;) Not even on my platform of choice, btw;)

@REDDorigen
Some say this is a Pc footage, others say it's on Xbox One.
Could you please tell me which system was it displayed on?
Thank you and congratulations for your game. It looks brilliant.

Just use SweetFX or something else, MrG721
CDPR had a vision on how they wanted the game to look and they are gonna stick with it.

I like Vesemir's expression of uncertainty, here:

Really chuckled on that scene, the look vesemir gives is just priceless.

Thanks for the clarification! In general, do you know if developers can answer more technical questions collected in this community list, or it's too early to do it still?

Tbh, it's a question for @Marcin Momot - he's a community manager, I just visit the forums during my coffee break. ;)

As for what machine IGN was playing on - I don't really know, sorry.

Last edited:
I didn't know hollywood invented colour theory and contrasting colours. You can either live with it or not play it instead of becoming the person who gets to define what the Witcher universe 'should' look like.

No, they didn't invent the fact that body color has orange base, and it's opposed by blue for contrast. But films naturally used that combination to make certain palettes to a big degree.

---------- Updated at 09:24 PM ----------

A good overview of "blue and orange" in films: http://priceonomics.com/why-every-movie-looks-sort-of-orange-and-blue/

I hope so much my gtx 970 ftw edition can max it out for PC. Guess the gameplay was recorded with at least one gtx 980 :hmm:

Yeah the atmosphere of the trailer is colorful and vibrant (similar to the witcher 1's Murky Waters area.) But i 'bet there will be those bleak areas aswell, you can't really judge the look as it's really just basicly one area of the gameplay shown. I certainly really like the direction and how at least the atmosphere in the trailer is .

I'm loving Bloodborne, I don't know about TW3 being on another planet. You know, BB i'm currently playing and it is great, while I've only seen some trailers of TW3;) Not even on my platform of choice, btw;)

Beats that game on every field? I don't think he ever played BB to make such a statement. I just can't take him seriously if he really believes that

We have changed save system since TW2 - autosaves have slots (so they get overwritten, instead of filling your disk space), so does quicksave. You can overwrite/delete manually saved games from save game panel.

You, CDPR, have just make a little change in the game but a huge step to Heaven!

Melitele bless you! I do it, too. Thank you, guys. You're able to make this fifty's woman feeling like a happy teenage :)

lol please don't complain about it being too colorful...just no. Has everyone forgotten about the 35 min gameplay where Geralt goes to no man's land and how colorless that swamp was? Also don't forget the night time

Top Bottom