Witcher 3 First 15 minutes gameplay!

+
Yes it is my opinion, which is obvious. I'm perfectly aware of that.

To me fighting looks ridiculous. I prefer W2 speed with a little bit better response - input lag.

The combat is indeed faster which is something i like personally. Is it the speed with which he swings that you dont like or something else? Cause the guy playing is doing a lot of constant and unneccesary rolls and dodges and it makes the whole thing look weird.

No offence on the clip i posted btw. I love that scene and i just find it funny

Last edited:
The combat is indeed faster which is something i like personally. Is it the speed with which he swings that you dont like or something else? Cause the guy playing is doing a lot of constant and unneccesary rolls and dodges and it makes the whole thing look weird.

No offence on the clip i posted btw. I love that scene and i just find it funny

Well everything is faster here.

Did anyone manage to survive the Kayran-fight without rolling?

Yes. I did use Quen to give one hit protection, and Yrden (as the trap was for me harder to use). Also kept forgetting to use the Mongoose potion. Always made the trap and brewed the potion, found it straight forward enough to not need to reload to use them when forgetting to apply before starting.

Yes it is my opinion, which is obvious. I'm perfectly aware of that.

To me fighting looks ridiculous. I prefer W2 speed with a little bit better response - input lag.

Well they definitely won't be changing it so you either live with it or don't play.
It's at the core of the Witcher lore, Geralt is incredibly fast and they are making so in the game as well.

Well they definitely won't be changing it so you either live with it or don't play.
It's at the core of the Witcher lore, Geralt is incredibly fast and they are making so in the game as well.

These kind of advices, proposals, i don't need.

And i know who Geralt is.

so you want a character, whose main advantage over other people is super speed and agility, to be as slow as a normal person... cause thats pretty much how fast/slow he was in Witcher 2....
dont get it

Also it is mo-capped and the footage we have of capture sessions, the guy looks as fast as we see Geralt. Not "obviously sped up" at all.

I have read through this thread, and It is very strange and disappointing that very few posts actually talked about Geralt and Vesemir's interaction. All we seem to care about these days are graphics, but as old fans we forget that graphics were not why Witcher 1 was great nor will it be why WItcher 3 would be great or disappointing. I want to take this time to tell the new fans that the Witcher is not about graphics, but it is about a great story told within a rich lore with a unique and immersive atmosphere. It is about mature subjects and life like gray decisions that have consequences that might surprise you. It is about interesting and deep characters and their relationships. These are the things that are most important in the Witcher.

That being said I loved Geralt and Vesemir's interaction. We felt the father and son relationship, and its portrayal was so subtle and perfect. We see a father and son, that care about each other, trying to hide their emotions and act tough for each other. The expression on Vesemir's face when he asks about Geralt's nightmare, shows that he cares about Geralt. They argue about the rereading the letter like any father and son arguing about silly stuff. Vesemir then raises his voice on Geralt like a father, and Geralt daunts Vesemir with a smart comment like a rebellious kid. Although Geralt is a dick to Vesemir in the beginning, we see that he cares about his old man by the look on his face when Vesemir is injured by the Griffin. Vesemir then acts tough for Geralt by telling him that the beast barely grazed him.
I really liked the strong writing and delivery, which makes Geralt and Vesemir's interaction so smooth and believable.

Actually that's the thing that impressed me the most in the new footage.

Geralt has to go across the land ravaged by war to meet his lost love, and the place where she supposed to be waiting for him is gone. He's worried, he's impatient after all he's been through, not to mention he is tormented by nightmares. Vesemir sees it, tries to comfrot him, calm him down. The best part of it is that you don't have to "invent" the backstory to make the whole thing meaningful, because it's simply there. And you can see it in the faces and gestures of the witchers, you can hear it in their voices and finally, wchich is most important, you can actually feel it. I know this is just a microscopic part of the game but that right there is the proof for me, that the emotional weight of the game - the thing that, in my opinion ofcourse, TW2 lacked so much - will be just right this time.

CDP RED not only nailed that scene, but they captured the relationship between the two warriors perfectly in such a small amount of dialogue - I can't even begin imagine how it will be like to reunite with Yen, or Ciri.

After watching the mentioned scene - the fidelity of grass, cartoonish lighting and graphics overall were completely unimportant for me. The story is the spirit of this game.

Last edited:
What i liked a lot is skin shaders. In January footage skin was a bit flat. I mean Geralt face was texture only. Now skin looks good again. Skin is amazing in this game. I watched GTA 5 pc trailer and even in GTA skin is not as good as Witcher. And not only skin. Every single aspect of game looks amazing than any other game in witcher. Only AC unity can atack to witcher about lighting, but we all know the ability of both games. Unity is water drop near the Witcher.

That is a really bad counter. Geralt's sword is nowhere near the bandit's axe and yet he blocks it.

That is a really bad counter. Geralt's sword is nowhere near the bandit's axe and yet he blocks it.

Maybe it's just the kick not a conter/riposte/block at all ... Because if you watch the clip some moments before, there is a block as out of a textbook.

Just thinking ... not sure of course. If I'm not right then it's "what you said"

Yeah thats bad but keep in mind(although dont take it for granted): Someone said that this wasnt the newest build but a "newer" build than the january one so yeah.

Yennefer still have The Unicorn?
People still believe that mice are born of rotting straw?
Vesemir and Geralt making fun of that mage....Hmm, what's his name...? Dorregaray?

Man, I am oficially hyped.

yen and geralt used to sleep in a stuffed unicorn :p that's brilliant.

Does anyone know if the guy who played it had played TW2?

If he had, it may explain why he rolled so much (habit), and would suggest that the gameplay has changed enough to throw him off at times.
If he hadn't, then he was still a learner driver.

I'm loving Bloodborne, I don't know about TW3 being on another planet. You know, BB i'm currently playing and it is great, while I've only seen some trailers of TW3;) Not even on my platform of choice, btw;)

Don't know... Bloodborne has no storytelling, at least comparing it to TW3.
Gameplay wise it is also a lot more repetitive, while TW3 will offer variety (minigames, sub quests, sea exploration, underwater gameplay, horse riding, a horse fighting system, multiple choices that affects the path of the story in multiple and unpredictable ways, more variety in the attacks, interesting interactive dialogues, godlike longevity).
I'm not saying that Bloodborne is a bad game, in fact I will purchase it when I will buy a Ps4, but there is too much love and efforts in TW3 and I sense it. This 15 minutes gameplay video, highlighting the game's strongpoints and flaws, proves it, at least to me.

It's a shame that the industry doesn't have a universal pool where all advances are stored. seems a bit redundant that a fighting game makes great strides only to then never see the light of day in other games/ genres.

Top Bottom