Witcher 3 First 15 minutes gameplay!

+
Awasome video, as always. The enviroment, the graphics, the world, everything seems superb. Things i did not like all that much:

Vesemir: His character is a bit off IMO. He sensed there was something kinky with the unicorn and did not comment. SO not Vesemir. Despite his old age he could not help himself from grabing Triss ass every time he got the chance :)

Combat: While combat does look impressive, damn it i cannot help myself thinking that many attack patterns are automated like TW2. It does not feel like we 'll have 5-10 different attack patterns 100% manually controlable by the player, Dark Souls/Bloodborne style. My only real concern about the game, but i won't really know before i play it.

Well...
After trying not to watch I got weak :-

I was super happy with the bond hey depicted between Vesemir and Geralt. Both talking in pieces, as the other knows the rest, there being mutual respect but still some authority from Vesemir as his elder and former mentor.
The mimics during the dialogue are amazing (e.g. "Owe us nothing, REALLY???!!").
Combat looks smooth, the sidestep is quick enough i'd prefer it to a roll in a lot of situations.
Lightning looks good enough for me, a little LOD issues but it's a playthrough not a friggin prerendered and triplechecked trailer pieced together of small scenes.

The parry on one of the bandits was seriously messed up, like DkS2 lvl hitbox level messed up ... hope thats not common?

it'd be interesting to see how much the tone of the world changes with the weather and daytime (as in this instance everyxthing is very bright and warm due to the sun and it's current level - at least that's what I hope it is). THis would make for a cool, actually weather related mood and lightning system which would be awesome in terms of athmosphere and immersion (not prescripted, everything smooth, etc).

The "cutscenes" might be a bit heavy on the ryes after a while, depending on the frequency - changing perspective every time there is dialogue might be ... we'll see

sadly, I have to say im hyped.
Like in as hyped that I got my vacation for TW3 set up today^^

coming back to unicorns.....

Last edited:
I think you're overreacting now. If there is one thing that the combat does not resemble is a japanese hack and slach game.

I guess it's meant to showcase that sword fighting isn't necessarily slow.

This is arranged, not a real fight.
And ordinary human with iron armor, shield, and sword is slow.

To speed up fight with some ability in certain situations would be ok. I think Witcher 1 has this?

Nice nice folks... i explained that particular unicorn joke several sides before WITH A HUGE spoiler....
and you guys can' t manage to write
[/*spoiler] too? OH MAN!

(without the * of course)

This is arranged, not a real fight.
And ordinary human with iron armor, shield, and sword is slow.

To speed up fight with some ability in certain situations would be ok. I think Witcher 1 has this?

Even though I have no idea how you came by this knowledge it doesn't matter anyway: nobody in these scenes is heavily armored, wearing large shields or anything the like. And Geralt is anything but ordinary. Actually his super-natural speed is one of the most important enhancements mentioned in the books.

And, given what we've already heard about the way it starts, there's a good chance it includes a stuffed unicorn.

to my understanding, there was either an opening scene or a very early scene in which we see a sex scene between Yennefer and Geralt, which was particularly brought up when the 16 hours of mocap footage became known. there was a video in some other thread (where we glimpsed Tiny Ciri doing fully sick tricks on the Comb) where we also saw Yennefer combing her hair while rather dressed down. It's possible that it could be a part of the Kaer Morhen dream sequence -- which may not have completely taken place at Kaer Morhen -- but there's definitely going to be some taxidermied unicorn action imo.

This is not true. He was faster then anyone in W2.

Play it again.

i think you should play it again mate.... Geralt was about as fast as real person (should be way faster).... the enemies were slowed down to like half or lower speed of a normal human.....

(never did i say he was slower than any other enemy IN THE GAME, but he was as slow as a real person)

Even though I have no idea how you came by this knowledge it doesn't matter anyway: nobody in these scenes is heavily armored, wearing large shields or anything the like. And Geralt is anything but ordinary. Actually his super-natural speed is one of the most important enhancements mentioned in the books.

Yes, you have no idea because you didn't reed my previous posts.

I know who Geralt is, and also everything from the books will not be in the game. Just like in previous games.

---------- Updated at 01:22 PM ----------

i think you should play it again mate.... Geralt was about as fast as real person (should be way faster).... the enemies were slowed down to like half or lower speed of a normal human.....

(never did i say he was slower than any other enemy IN THE GAME, but he was as slow as a real person)

I disagree.

He was very fast when you consider pirouettes, rolling, and all his moves.

Maybe it's just the kick not a conter/riposte/block at all ... Because if you watch the clip some moments before, there is a block as out of a textbook.

Just thinking ... not sure of course. If I'm not right then it's "what you said"

If Geralt uses his leg to deflect the incoming blow there should be no metal on metal spark

The "cutscenes" might be a bit heavy on the ryes after a while, depending on the frequency - changing perspective every time there is dialogue might be ... we'll see

not to bring up x game vs the witcher again, but.. I'll take that any day over inquisition's way of handling dialog. I hated how every time I had a conversation with someone I was pretty much just staring at my own back. in a cutscene I can properly see facial expressions, which I find really important.

I know who Geralt is, and also everything from the books will not be in the game. Just like in previous games.

I disagree.

I think Geralt in TW2 was indeed fast but he wasn't nearly as fast as mentioned in the books. There were certain people in the game that were almost as fast, like the guy at the cemetary in Flotsam. Geralt's roll was indeed fast but it isnt really a measure for combat speed.

I disagree.

So now he is even faster ;) Vesemir maybe taught him some nice old-witcher-tricks :D

Good for Geralt and what is good for him, should be good for the player ;) Finally you do play him and don't want to see him loose a fight

I can't wait for that.. Those two things alone will breathe a lot of life into the game.

Pfff .... yeah sure... i know exactly what you and all the other little pervs (yes me too) are waiting for!
Don' t deny it! You all wait for that unicorn to come up eh?! ... yeah thought so!

:p :p

pfff .... Yeah sure... I know exactly what you and all the other little pervs (yes me too) are waiting for!
Don' t deny it! You all wait for that unicorn to come up eh?! ... Yeah thought so!

yes, ghostmd, i am so excited for those morph suits contorting rhythmically and grunting at each other. Nothing quite like sex foley art with a horse shape thrown in. How could you see through our desires so fluidly.

<3

Can't stop watching the gameplay video. I love it! The sheer atmosphere of it! Hearing and seeing the wind rustling the trees made me think of the beginning of Witcher 2, when Geralt wakes up in Triss' tent. Hell it brought me back I tell you, back to 2011 when I watched that trailer over and over in anticipation. :happy:

As already mentioned, I am surprised at Ghouls showing up in daytime, even if it's dusk. Hope there are more nocturnal monster patterns, but then again, it is wartime, so it is explained. ;)

I love how Geralt and Vesemir talk to each other, and the dialogue options of Geralt. Great job! One thing I noted though is Vesemir's understandable comment on the Northern Kingdoms, and how the war is going, as well as Geralt's response. I understand the need for saying it, but it should have been the other way around, with Vesemir reminding Geralt not to take sides. It doesn't feel like my Geralt, but I'm nitpicking now of course. I'm glad of hearing the old man's comment about having to believe in something. Good job devs! :thumbsup:

And to think that you could actually demand payment from Bram the merchant, but I doubt that he'll then mention that his cousin owns the inn and sending his regards(ergo lowering prices at the inn perhaps?). ::)

Did anyone else notice how Vesemir stops to stand outside the inn, waiting for Geralt? Instead of going inside to have that nice and cool rye? That is a pacing issue with me and will probably force my hand(well to enter the inn instead of exploring). I'm guessing the poor wounded old man(yes, I know he's a tough badass witcher) will be standing there until Geralt joins him. As Geralt I wouldn't be comfortable to keep him waiting tbh, but considering we've seen the cutscene of them entering together, I guess this is how it's supposed to be.

Cool to see a little of inventory and items. I've been pausing the vid to see each and every item Geralt picks up. Dog tallow is back. Not that I will kill a single puppy to get it, but these were attacking wolves so it's okay. :happy:

The contracts on the notice board were nice and added atmosphere, and I especially would like to see what kind of resistance fighters are hiding out in the woods.

Regarding the player I'm satisfied with what I saw and all that was shown, although I don't understand why player didn't keep tabs on health bar. 'Tis easy to judge I suppose.
The only negative thing I can say...is that I wanted to see much more! :whistle:

Also, the four bread and two water at lower left side means edibles. Edibles people! Can you understand how thrilled I am? :laughing:

Thank you for this devs! :happy:

@Marcin Momot , please give my love to the team!:respect:

Now...bring me that release date.

Last edited:
There are still 2 things I didn't like about what I've seen.
1)Lack of drinking/eating animations
2) LOD is really bad. I hope on PC it will be tweackable with a slide. It's really necessary.

Top Bottom