witcher 3 freeze(game+system) hard reset needed

+
I got the witcher 3 from epic games this week and started playing.
Sometimes the sound stops and 1-2 sec after the screen also freezes --- BUT i can ALT+TAB(screen stays on frozen witcher however) also PUSH BUTTONS BUT NOTHING HAPPENS. Can press start menu, it shows, but doesnt opens apps if i clock on them. (no error msg)
This happens randomly, sometimes in 10 mins after starting the game sometimes after 2 hours. At medium/high preset without hair works i have 45-55 fps.
(Hairworks turned off. Vsync turned off/on both tried nothing changed. Locked/unlocked fps limit nothing changed)

I can open the task manager window, but the app is frozen too like all other apps. Only the app window opens, their contect is frozen.
If i push restart or shut down on start menu its just keeps rolling and rolling endlessly.

I need hard reset every time:eek::eek::eek:

My PC:
Amd ryzen 5 5600x
MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
GTX 1050 2gb
Crucial ballistix DDR4 3600
Noctua NH D15
Seasonic FOCUS GX-650W Gold
1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 SSD

+Windows 11
(everything brand new except gpu)

All the drivers are uptodate.
All the windows udpates are done - there is no updates in the Windows Update.
Runned sfc /scannow + dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth +ram check = everything was ok, absolutely no problem or corrupted files. No virus anywhere.
No third-party apps used(like Geforce Experience)
Turned off cloud saving on epic games.
Turned off fast boot on energy options.
NO OVERCLOCKING.
NO MODS.
HWMonitor shows all the temps are perfect - No overheating.
Tried to reinstall the whole game again, but has the same issue.
(cabling and etc: pc was build in a pc shop so no problems.)

I played Batman Arkham Knight on high settings, it is the same age as Witcher 3. I had 30+ hours in it, never got any problem like this.
Playing wow a lot or using the pc never causes problem like this.
Today also played both with no prob, as soon as I started Witcher froze in 10 minutes, 2nd time after 1,5 hours.

Upvote 0
Honestly, I'm not an expert but you can try :
- Verify your game files in case.
- Perform a clean installation of your drivers.
NVIDIA
I. Download the latest drivers using the following link: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
II. Download Display Driver Uninstaller and run it to remove previous versions of drivers.
III. Clean install drivers that you've downloaded in step 1.
- Try to disabling temporelly any kind of AV.
And above all, if it's not already done, send a ticket to the support for help ("Contact Us" button).

Top Bottom