Witcher 3 from steam onto galaxy - is it possible?

+
Hi,
I installed gog 2.0, and wanted to clean up a little, starting with witcher 3 install on grilfriends coumputer on gog instead of steam.
But I don't see any game key (I see for Witcher 1 and 2). Am I forced to install it on steam?
This is like "their" game, so they deserve have it installed on "their" system, not on steam.

Hi,
I installed gog 2.0, and wanted to clean up a little, starting with witcher 3 install on grilfriends coumputer on gog instead of steam.
But I don't see any game key (I see for Witcher 1 and 2). Am I forced to install it on steam?
This is like "their" game, so they deserve have it installed on "their" system, not on steam.

I don't believe this is possible once the key has been redeemed on Steam. You can send the question into CDPR Support for a definite answer, but I think the licensing laws prevent marketplaces from doing that.

If the game is owned on Steam then it has to be installed on Steam. Galaxy 2.0 merely allows you to launch games owned on other platforms. (If launching a Steam game while Steam isn't running it will launch Steam first.)

Ninjaed by milliseconds. :p
Thread moved to Technical.

Ninjaed by milliseconds.

1586803781857.png

Thank you for information. I guess, I can't totally switch from steam to gog yet.

Installed it on steam. Should I delete topic?

Thank you for information. I guess, I can't totally switch from steam to gog yet.

You can, but that involves purchasing the games you have in steam in GOG instead, if you want to own the games in GOG. You can try to redeem the serial codes from your games in Steam to try activating them in GOG. I believe this is even possible with some games - don't ask me which games though.

However, transferring all your games from Steam to GOG isn't possible, because games obtained in steam belongs to Valve's Steam platform.
Maybe someday in the future both platforms will merge literally, but then Valve will have to make their platform 100% DRM free which is most likely never going to happen. But well, you never know.

Cheers
TalentX

Top Bottom