Witcher 3 Gameplay from GDC and PAX

+
Also one thing that's a bit jarring once I started noticing it, is the pop-out of trees as Geralt walks past them.
Not sure if it's because of how the camera is designed or the technology with everything right behind Geralt that stops being rendered to save resources. Either way, it's a bit weird.
I thought I was seeing things...

Yeah that bothered me too, seems to be the camera if I'm to go according to the finisher.

i also agree regarding the camera distance from Geralt. If it were closer would be perfect. I hope it will be adjustable. Everything else i loved and the game looks great :D

Really there is not any big problem in that footage for me. Only real problem for me is, in some moments when Geralt is walking his legs are bit above the ground. Or the shadow of Geralt is not on right place. I mean there is gap between Geralt's foot and shadow in some moments.

And in some moments Geralt's movement speed does not fit with animation speed. I mean Geralt's walking animation is fast but real speed is slow.

I hope i explained myself. My English is horrible i know

Looks good as always, Since there are mostly positive comments, little cririque.

It is nonsense to not show the game at it´s best. Whatever is reason behind not showing game on max settings it is poor excuse what Damien said.

Did you notice one of the bandits not reacting at all? He was standing there on bridge while Geralt was killing his buddies. I hope it is not common issue in game.

Did you notice one of the bandits not reacting at all? He was standing there on bridge while Geralt was killing his buddies. I hope it is not common issue in game.

this was probably not their buddy, maybe trader or sb who wanted to get pass the bridge and bandits wanted to rob him

You can watch the recording of nvidia's full conference here in a bit better quality (choose "best"): http://t.co/vgEuIsmbCr

The Witcher stuff starts at about 02:40:00. ;)

Oh, and on a second note: Witcher senses are god AWFUL- again. Dumbing down at its finest. That just hurts my intelligence as a gamer, sorry.

Blood effects are also totally over the top in the fight with the wolves. Goodbye "realism"...

Graphics and art design are of course nice overall although I still don't like the "modern" UI which just feels and looks like the typical generic mainstream console game...

Last edited:
Do watch this combat mocap video

Hmm yeah, long animations that i presume to be automated by the press of a button. Again like shadow of mordor(or the witcher 2). That's why i prefer DS combat. Unless the long animations are part of a combo that you have to do manually in order to trigger. Otherwise i prefer, click-simple swing. Double click-another form of swing. Anyway anything as long as you have complete control of the character and not long automated animations and no autotarget(auto run), i am happy.
BTW, while this guy is doing some cool moves he would die in 5 seconds in an actual swordfight. We know from the books that witcher fighting style resembles a dance, but the piruets for example, are not used for him to attack, but rather to dodge and counter attack fast. In TW2(and this video), it seems like he is spinning his way to glory :p

No sarcastic, I really hoped better graphics than this, it looks compressed or too much antialiased, blurry, TW2 looks way better, maybe the video's qualitiy/resolution is very low

or maybe he game's resolution is low like 640 x 480

Last edited:
Could be the website you watched the video on. I watched it first on one site and thought "Oh No!" because it seemed really blurry and the frame rate kept dropping. Then I watched it on another site and it looked awesome.

About the video:

Seeing previous videos, I had many concerns about TW3 quality, in particular on these topics. But now:

- Geralt's animations during running and walking: IMPROVED. Chek.
- Geralt's animations during combat: IMROVED.Check
- Graphics downgrade: NOT EXISTING. Check
- Geralt's face: IMPROVED. Check
- Geralt's body being too beefy: IMPROVED. Check.

What can I say. GOOD JOB CDprojekt

Just noticed there are actually 3 bandits and the one on the bridge seems to be ignoring his bros getting slaughtered... hımn.

Hahaha, downgrade my a**. The game still looks stunning on every aspect. It's gonna kill my gtx970 but as long as I get to enjoy this masterpiece, I'll be happy.

Top Bottom