Witcher 3 Gameplay from GDC and PAX

+
Sorry, nothing gut love for ya baby!! So uh.. yeah did I hear we might get some new hands on footage or whatever from Pax East?? :):):)This month, hu,hu??

Yea herbs have an indicator/glow in Witcher Senses.

Although I think that's a better alternative to having them glow no matter what like they did in TW2. Some people find the glow ugly (Like Only Once), so for those that want their herbs highlighted and easier to find, there's Witcher Senses, otherwise they look normal.

Of course, that doesn't stop them from being highlighted on the mini-map, which I personally find more annoying and actually uglier than the little red glow they had in TW2. Hopefully, as Dexter2 stated, we can either quell herbs from showing up on the mini-map, or worst case scenario just disable the entire mini-map - which I believe the latter was confirmed.

I still don't get why the bloody hell we need Herbs being highlighted if we do only collect them once or twice in the entire game since it is auto-refill of potions anyway after you have collected all the ingredients for a potion the first time.

Sorry to bring this up again, but IMO that's just a total waste of the games memory resources to have so many herbs and have them highlighted although you probably won't need most of them and won't pick up a lot of them (unless all potions you almost the same herbs, which would be ridiculous). Not to speak of the fact that it is a significant waste of development time to actually create all those herbs and make them being highlighted if we do not need them that often.

So I really don't get it.

Weren't (most) herbs supposed to be "harder to find" this time around? (Which was the only reason I even considered accepting the new alchemy system)

Also, those Witcher senses are still SO obvious, all you have to do is follow the trail, it's basically an artistically more pleasing objective marker/trail. There is not even "scents" or footprints that "interfere" with what we are searching, most of it is clear as day. I don't mind highlighted objects but if you make a Witcher sense than make it at least a challenge or a little puzzle to follow traces.....

As for the graphics, respect guys. Don't care about grass, shadows, etc. If this world is as huge as it looks and the scenery and atmosphere will be what we saw in this last trailer... damn.... beautiful, simply beautiful.

Also LOVE the new combat moves we saw.

The menu I still not like but it's better than the one before. Also a shame we won't see any animations on blade oil application, potion drinking or visual effects of toxicity. You know, the small but wonderful details...

Anyway, looks really good all in all.

Yeah, I was thinking about that to, BlackWolf. The way I imagined it, since potions auto-refill then creating one at first will be a bit special, some sort of mini-quest where you need to find the rare herbs. From what we've seen, herbs are spread around as commonly as you'd think they'd be without an auto-refill system, so it seems both redundant as well as a waste of opportunity.

Maybe I'll be surprised in the final game and find out that making potions for the first time is still memorable in some way, but I don't see that happening at the moment.

(I'm still not totally against the auto-refill, I'm in the "I'll have to wait and see how it feels", but I just thought the quantity of plants is a bit weird with it)

I still don't get why the bloody hell we need Herbs being highlighted if we do only collect them once or twice in the entire game since it is auto-refill of potions anyway after you have collected all the ingredients for a potion the first time.

Potions will have various upgrades apparently, just like the superior potions in the latest video. Mutagens could also use herbs to prepare.

In any case, highlighting them this obviously is a bit too much.

We only call sid, "The Him". No, I won't tell you why. It has nothing to do with Mel Brooks, though.

I am surprised you don't refer to him as this Sid yet :p

Also, those Witcher senses are still SO obvious, all you have to do is follow the trail, it's basically an artistically more pleasing objective marker/trail. There is not even "scents" or footprints that "interfere" with what we are searching, most of it is clear as day. I don't mind highlighted objects but if you make a Witcher sense than make it at least a challenge or a little puzzle to follow traces.....

I agree. Plus, we have even a yellow arrow that shows us the way, no matter if you have Witcher senses on or not.
So, there is an hand holding witcher sense and a more hand holding quest marker.
This is worse than Inquisition. I don't know how it is possible.

Are those the same guys which made Vizima Confidential, a masterpiece in quest design? Because the difference is night/day.

I don't quite understand what part of his body is Geralt getting the torch out from? Out of his ass?
In The Witcher the torch was attached to his hip, and where is it now?

Now try to figure out, where the horse comes from in the village ...

I don't quite understand what part of his body is Geralt getting the torch out from? Out of his ass?
In The Witcher the torch was attached to his hip, and where is it now?

I noticed that. It looks rather like it came from an invisible back pocket of holding.

greetings,

i re-watched the PAX gameplay video and i noticed there were some changes in the alchemy system. if one of you would be so kind to make a list of the gameplay features that are in the game or post a link, i'd appreciate it very much. :)
kind of concerned about all the hand holding i've seen in the game, so if someone could give us some details about that as well.
i wouldn't mind a reply from the almighty marcin himself :happy:

thanks !

Don't you think that something is wrong with this guy's body proportions?

Also, has everyone already seen the levitating horse in this thread? :lol:

Watched the PAX footage again.

It seems they really want to deliver on that dynamic music system they mentioned. Music is put to work in this game. I love how it changes, builds up toward the inevitable outburst, the combat music makes the duel with Wyvern so much more intense...but slows down and eases out once the monster is defeated.

If CDPR every thinks about releasing .mp3 with a soundtrack, I would love it to be the combat music from that fight.

Also, the game looks stunning.

Yeah, the music seems to be really awesome, i loved the combat music in the 35min gameplay demo, and this footage from PAX is just as good!

@gregski What "dynamic music system" are you talking about? Did they record transitional outros/intros for each song or something?

The music changes depending on the number/difficulty of enemies. So if you fight a bigger monster (like the wyvern) it will be more intense. I'm guessing there are more complexities in there as well, based on what you're doing in a fight for example (remember reading that music also changes when the player focused on the last enemy in a pack). Pretty awesome stuff.

Top Bottom