Witcher 3 Gameplay from GDC and PAX

+
@gregski What "dynamic music system" are you talking about? Did they record transitional outros/intros for each song or something?

They we talking about how they work on the game's sound design in a way that they create a main, theme track for a specific segment and add additional layers of music depending on the situation. Imagine them creating all those tens or hundreds of short tracks like this for the entire game, just to be able to blend them at the right time so the music actually works along with the pace of the game. That's how I imagine it at least, the PAX footage shows promise in this regard.

I will try to look up the interviews/articles I read about it in, but can't promise it will be today. Watched too much of those *cough*Mamais*cough* interviews :)

Melonmen represent!

What is... oh...

Maestro... music!

Watched the PAX gameplay on TV .Almost teared up because of how good it looked.I felt unworthy.
May 19th,Please come sooner. :crybaby::unworthy::crybaby:

Just finished W1 and I loved how hardcore it was with the potions - you really needed to prepare yourself for all kind of situations.

Swallow/Towly/Kiss/Cat potions were pretty much a must have to succeed. I hope W3 will continue on doing so.

However - regarding the Cat potion discussion in W3. I see it from two sides. One - if it's not in the game then you could call it as a Gameplay downgrade, yes. But from other perspective it's true to Sapkowski's lore - Geralt is a mutant with enchanced abilities/senses that are superior to any normal human, and that being said - in the books Geralt sees perfectly when he's in the dark areas. He has cat-like eyes for a reason.

So if cat potion is out - well, I won't be whining about it for sure :)

Last edited:
Just finished W1 and I loved how hardcore it was with the potions - you really needed to prepare yourself for all kind of situations.

Swallow/Towly/Kiss/Cat potions were pretty much a must have to succeed. I hope W3 will continue on doing so.

However - regarding the Cat potion discussion in W3. I see it from two sides. One - if it's not in the game then you could call it as a Gameplay downgrade, yes. But from other perspective it's true to Sapkowski's lore - Geralt is a mutant with enchanced abilities/senses that are superior to any normal human, and that being said - in the books Geralt sees perfectly when he's in the dark areas. He has cat-like eyes for a reason.

So if cat potion is out - well, I won't be whining about it for sure :)

I never saw it as a big problem.
I always thought that Geralt could see "good" in almost complete darkness.
But in places where light is really scarce, where only something like 0,0000000000001% of the sunlight comes he might need a potion to enhance that ability, kind of like some people are taking stimulants for different reasons to enhance their muscle power, adrenalin effects, intelligence or focus.

Top Bottom