Witcher 3 graphic on PS5

+
Will we see another graphic boost on PS5 , the one that will surpass PS4 pro boost . And if thats the case will there be another update for game for this feature ?

Doubtful. Increased hardware does not change a game's code, and there are no plans to update anything on TW3 that we know.

The game will however, run a bit more smoothly as is. Faster load times, fewer FPS drops, etc.

I imagine the game will look about the same, though loading times and FPS should be significantly higher, so that would be nice.

No Ultra settings on console, unless CDPR updates the game once again.

Personally, after CP2077, instead of making a Witcher 4 as rumored, I really think CDPR should consider something akin to what 2K did with the Mafia trilogy... I know TW2 backwards compatibility on the Xbox One X has a 4K patch, but it's really not the same as playing a port that runs natively, plus they could make the graphics consistent across all three titles. It wouldn't sound like a money grab if it was made well and, most importantly, advertised and sold well.

But this is about TW3 and I don't think there will be any updates in the foreseeable future. Furthermore, to make the most out of the PS5's hardware, you'd need to adapt the game to their new SSD and this is yet another hurdle for them to overcome. Xbox Series X has a similar problem. So you end up with a game that won't reach its full potential in the new console despite the improvements.

Games made before PS5 would generally have to be re-designed in some ways to take advantage of the new PS5 graphics. TW3 is a huge game = mucho cost in re-design = slim chance of it happening.

I suppose if CD Projekt Red really thinks there's a real opportunity for profit and/or expanding their market, they could remaster the game for the PS5 and offer a substantial discount to PS4 owners who wanted to upgrade. It wouldn't be much different than what they're doing with Cyberpunk 2077.

I suppose if CD Projekt Red really thinks there's a real opportunity for profit and/or expanding their market, they could remaster the game for the PS5 and offer a substantial discount to PS4 owners who wanted to upgrade. It wouldn't be much different than what they're doing with Cyberpunk 2077.

Ideally, I think it would be cool to make an overhaul of TW3's engine, then re-build TW1-3 into it. One, cohesive experience of the whole story, maybe flesh out the combat system a bit more (add fighting styles back in :D), and generally tighten up the whole experience in one style.

Huge undertaking, but I think the reception would be amazing. Games like TW3 are classics. They will always draw a crowd back to their magic.

Will we see another graphic boost on PS5 , the one that will surpass PS4 pro boost . And if thats the case will there be another update for game for this feature ?
A PS5 patch that makes the game more akin to the PC version, along with a 60 FPS cap, would be most probable

Doubtful. Increased hardware does not change a game's code, and there are no plans to update anything on TW3 that we know.

The game will however, run a bit more smoothly as is. Faster load times, fewer FPS drops, etc.
You were saying :)

Would be nice to have the trilogy as a complete edition of TW with high tier quality graphics and gameplay. Would be nice to re explore the entire journey since i started from TW3.

Top Bottom