Witcher 3 Graphics

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah peoples really fail to see the upgrade for the old demos, surely they removed the sick looking clouds and the draw distance is way reduced, but we got a good trade off, the low quality grass will be very easily modable once redkit is out, i hope that they will let us push the draw distance further , pretty sure most decent hardware can do more than this

SweetFX is pretty cool but usually they don't work overlays like dxtory, fraps or steam overlay.

I think i used some kind of software for ATI cards. It worked for Nvidias too. And i could use the sweetFX and capture the videos same time. But i forget what was the name of that software and how i did it actually. Sorry. :) It was many years ago.

SweetFX is pretty cool but usually they don't work overlays like dxtory, fraps or steam overlay.

you can make fraps work, just start the game first THEN start fraps, dont start fraps before the game

---------- Updated at 10:26 AM ----------

exactly with the final build tonemapping , you have way more freedom to make the game look however you want, wonder if they actually though about it that way, while it would require someone with good coloring knowledge to re create the old builds tonemapping, we can reasily change the game mood with some presets

you can make fraps work, just start the game first THEN start fraps, dont start fraps before the game

exactly with the final build tonemapping , you have way more freedom to make the game look however you want, wonder if they actually though about it that way, while it would require someone with good coloring knowledge to re create the old builds tonemapping, we can reasily change the game mood with some presets

One question. Is the DOF effect is from sweetFX or in game DOF in your video. Because it is more beautiful that actual game graphics for me.

---------- Updated at 10:33 AM ----------

Another question is how can you or can you make the different areas look different color. I mean how it was in 35 min demo. No mans land color pallete is totally different than Novigrad. From my knowledge it is imposible. The game must be different collor pallet in different areas for that first. So is it posible in someway?

People that think the foliage is nice must be blind or really don't care too much about graphics. Ofcourse the story and gameplay is the most important aspect. But when your served downright 1990grahpics on some elements it really destroys immersion. A few examples are geralt in the tub, he looks like a plastic, the tub are really low res and got clipping issues. When you go outside on the balcony look to the right at the wall flower 128x128 res guys 1980graphics. The tress got absolutely no details with a strange tint making them look weird and cartoony. Much of the grass is like the trees. And one more thing thats on par if not worse for me is the poor optimalization i got a rig thats 4x as fast as a consol, still i can only play with medium setting and even then get pretty lacklustre fps, really want to play this game but just dont want to ruin it by playing in 20fps stutterfest with cartoony weird looking scenery.

One question. Is the DOF effect is from sweetFX or in game DOF in your video. Because it is more beautiful that actual game graphics for me.

---------- Updated at 10:33 AM ----------

Another question is how can you or can you make the different areas look different color. I mean how it was in 35 min demo. No mans land color pallete is totally different than Novigrad. From my knowledge it is imposible. The game must be different collor pallet in different areas for that first. So is it posible in someway?

for the DOF its in game dof, ( am using reshade/mastereffect not sweetFX vanilla ) reshade DOF is a bit too strong and need tweaking to work properly, however it look really good for screen shots, not for gameplay

yes and no, it depend on how they coded the different areas settings, if redkit let us chose coloring for every area then we will be able ( i hope ) do it , if its hard coded then we're stuck with 1 different coloring for all the areas

Hi, is there someone who tried this game on Ati R 290 (280) cards?

I am really curious about that. I tried this game so far on my notebook (i5 4210 and Nvidia 820M). I know it's not designed for games, but it handled GTA 5 very well, so I hoped there will be a chance to run W3. So far it's unplayable. FPS is very low, it does not even handle video/audio tracks in cutscenes and audio is moved little bit after while.

So now I wonder what should I do next - my PC has bad CPU. If R 290 would be good enough, I would improve CPU.

PS: I also hope there will be some patch to get better optimalization. I don't need ultra details, but I would like to get it run at least.

Slammey said:
Exactly my thoughts. Yeah it's nice but it runs like crap...like 25-30 fps or something with stuttering. I know I tried it. Plus, this is a corridor Gears Of War type of game. It's a lot easier putting out amazing graphics when your field of view is not even 100 meters...lolll!!

---------- Updated at 01:12 AM ----------

Was talking about The Order loll..

do you have this stuttering ??? (0:02 and 0:41 in the video ?)

[video=youtube;-gSIVNCO4ro]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gSIVNCO4ro[/video]

Hi, is there someone who tried this game on Ati R 290 (280) cards?

I am really curious about that. I tried this game so far on my notebook (i5 4210 and Nvidia 820M). I know it's not designed for games, but it handled GTA 5 very well, so I hoped there will be a chance to run W3. So far it's unplayable. FPS is very low, it does not even handle video/audio tracks in cutscenes and audio is moved little bit after while.

So now I wonder what should I do next - my PC has bad CPU. If R 290 would be good enough, I would improve CPU.

PS: I also hope there will be some patch to get better optimalization. I don't need ultra details, but I would like to get it run at least.

try visiting the mobile gpu thread , there are some tweaks +guys with weaker cards running it

. And one more thing thats on par if not worse for me is the poor optimalization i got a rig thats 4x as fast as a consol, still i can only play with medium setting and even then get pretty lacklustre fps, really want to play this game but just dont want to ruin it by playing in 20fps stutterfest with cartoony weird looking scenery.

really? cause im calling BS right there!!
I run an i7 with a 970gtx and an i5 with a 760ti....I can run the 970gtx with virtually everything on HIGH and hairworks on full with virtually no stuttering from 60fps! occasionally ill encounter a scene where fps will drop to high 40's. very very occasionally!

my 760 rig im running mostly medium with no hairworks and that will stay high 30's to mid 40's.

really? cause im calling BS right there!!
I run an i7 with a 970gtx and an i5 with a 760ti....I can run the 970gtx with virtually everything on HIGH and hairworks on full with virtually no stuttering from 60fps! occasionally ill encounter a scene where fps will drop to high 40's. very very occasionally!

my 760 rig im running mostly medium with no hairworks and that will stay high 30's to mid 40's.

got 780gtx with 4770k cpu 8gb ram. And no BS my system got a really hard time running it.

Sorry, CDPR but you lost my trust...

I'm a long time lurker. I've been reading news and seeing every trailer of this game since it was announced.

But I really need to voice my dissapointment as a consumer:

I've played TW1 and TW2 countless times, showed it to everyone I knew and I was proud to say: "Man the company that makes those game are easily the best in the market".

Everytime I showed your games to someone I told them: " They are the best, not just because they care about the gameplay as much as they care about the graphics, but because they actually care for their fanbase."

I 've played games for 20+ years. I can see a downgrade from miles away.

Is the downgrade itself a problem?
No.

I know that games like this are Very Hard to accomplish.

I would understand if the game came out a bit unoptimized and patched later.
I would understand if they came and said: "Guys, we will need to tone down some things because of deadlines/performance/whatever"

But lying to your community is inexcusable. It's simply false advertisement.

This would've been a day one purchase for me. Then a few months ago I saw a gameplay trailer and I noticed something waas a bit "odd".
But then I thought, no this is CDPR they have earned the benefit of the doubt.
Then the downgrade thread came out. I saw when they said that nothing was changed.
As I am used to the way things work, I decided to wait and see...

I am sincerely dissapointed and I won't recommend your games to my friends anymore. I'll show them the prank you played on this one.
Not out of anger, but because I like the truth.

The right thing to do would be to release a patch that improved graphics to the level you guys said we would get(lighting, particles,lod distance).
Even if you did so, it would not make me trust you again.

You guys lost a huge fan, and if t doesn't matter to you, well... Let's just say i'm not surprised.

Come on ... the downgrade ( after Day1 Patch for PC + tweaking from nvidia pro's in inis and so on) it quite not that much, a little bit here and there, but not to compare to for example WatchDogs.

Second, and this kinda most important thing to mention is ... The downgrade do affect kinda of 1% of players. Because to play the game not downgraded you would need at least one Titan. (~1000 - 2000 € )

There are not much players having such cards, if they do, they can tweak the ini files even more and so coming really close to at least 35 min demo.

My Guild Buddys think the same like you.
They dont bother to write anything here because they dont think CDPR give a single damn about it.
Im the only one here and i agree with you too, but i still have hope on the Game. Its simply too good to give up hope.
Just know you are not alone with your point of view.

Even if they did say dead lines, PC Gamers would whine anyway. In a day & age of ingratitude a developer is damned if they do damned if they don't.

Lurker myself & from one thing I noticed PC Gamers only care about graphics, that's it. No Gameplay that's secondary.......

Absurd world we live in where we buy games just to stare at them.......

Gameplay > Graphics

PC Gamers =/= Logic.

Last edited:
Come on ... the downgrade ( after Day1 Patch for PC + tweaking from nvidia pro's in inis and so on) it quite not that much, a little bit here and there, but not to compare to for example WatchDogs.

Second, and this kinda most important thing to mention is ... The downgrade do affect kinda of 1% of players. Because to play the game not downgraded you would need at least one Titan. (~1000 - 2000 € )

There are not much players having such cards, if they do, they can tweak the ini files even more and so coming really close to at least 35 min demo.

I hardly belive some .ini tweaks is going to bring back, lighting, lod distance and particle effects. Sure we would need a good machine to run it, but it is to be expected, even if you couldn't run it maxed now, it would still look good and it would take your breath away in future hardware updates.

But that is not the point. If they came out and openly said this... but they did exactly the opposite.
It's worse. We asked: "Is it downgraded?" CDPR: "No way guys, we guarantee that it's 100% the way we showed you."

---------- Updated at 12:27 PM ----------

Even if they did say dead lines, PC Gamers would whine anyway. In a day & age of ingratitude a developer is damned if they do damned if they don't.

Lurker myself & from one thing I noticed PC Gamers only care about graphics, that's it. No Gameplay that's secondary.......

Gameplay > Graphics

PC Gamers =/= Logic.

Lol, no.

I still play D&D online over NWN because it has better dungeons and gamplay. I've played the hell out of rogue legacy(google it).

And I will play this game, because it's good. I just don't like being lied to.

It's the same thing as Watch Dogs. downgraded/removed some effects because it would cause perf issues on PC. forced us to tweak ini files to try and re-enable those features. Consoles are where the money is these days so cant relaly blame CDPR

The deceit is the biggest issue for me.

---------- Updated at 12:32 PM ----------

Even if they did say dead lines, PC Gamers would whine anyway. In a day & age of ingratitude a
developer is damned if they do damned if they don't.

Gameplay > Graphics

PC Gamers =/= Logic.

We don't spend hundreds to thousands of dollars for gameplay alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom