Witcher 3 Graphics

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
MasterZone , I think you are the king of generalising , I've sunk 100 ingame days into SWTOR, played multiple other MMOs , Played Titanfall for 10days ingame . CoD/Grand Theft Auto and V/Uncharted on Console for about 70 ingame days. Thats just the game time I clocked in for major titles over the past 4 years.

I have a Playstation 3 , Playstation 4, an i7-4790k, 2Way SLI GTX 980s. Am I a console gamer or a PC gamer?

I've always know Valve doesn't care about PC , people were just blind to it till the Skyrim Paid mods scandal. Whats done is done. If you want to raise your fist and never buy a game from CD Projekt Red Go ahead , no one can stop you.

There is never a company that will fully support PC Gaming the way you want them to . Its something I've accepted long ago.

Which is why I said this PC arrogance needs to stop.

---------- Updated at 12:17 PM ----------

I'm sorry If I said anything out of line , please tell me which post If I have said something out of line and I'll edit it out or delete the post.

I'd rather this thread not turn into a ****storm.

I'd say you are a PC gamer who owns consoles. When I say console gamer, I mean someone who only owns a console.

MasterZone , I think you are the king of generalising , I've sunk 100 ingame days into SWTOR, played multiple other MMOs , Played Titanfall for 10days ingame . CoD/Grand Theft Auto and V/Uncharted on Console for about 70 ingame days. Thats just the game time I clocked in for major titles over the past 4 years.

I have a Playstation 3 , Playstation 4, an i7-4790k, 2Way SLI GTX 980s. Am I a console gamer or a PC gamer?

I've always know Valve doesn't care about PC , people were just blind to it till the Skyrim Paid mods scandal. Whats done is done. If you want to raise your fist and never buy a game from CD Projekt Red Go ahead , no one can stop you.

There is never a company that will fully support PC Gaming the way you want them to . Its something I've accepted long ago.

Which is why I said this PC arrogance needs to stop.

---------- Updated at 12:17 PM ----------

I'm sorry If I said anything out of line , please tell me which post If I have said something out of line and I'll edit it out or delete the post.

I'd rather this thread not turn into a ****storm.

"PC Arrogance" doesn't help, but right now, I'm not pointing fingers at individual posts, it would take too long.

As I said, both sides.

"PC Arrogance" doesn't help, but right now, I'm not pointing fingers at individual posts, it would take too long.

As I said, both sides.

K , I've edited the post. I'm going to try to be as polite and civil as possible , no point making this thread into a rant.

Guest 3822490

Nah the thread is fine , I just think people cannot accept whats done is done. Seriously there is still a lot of 'anger' by people who like to use the 'd' word. People who want to boycott and go CD Projekt broke our trust.

I personally cannot be bothered , I'd rather them patch it , give me better lighting , UHD Textures/meshes and call it a day.

I'm still looking forward to the expansions . Still love the game .

This is what i mean you have said that multiple times now. Beter just wait for the patch. I mean if you look trough the pages of this tread it the same thing every time being said. "2013 graphics this" horrible grass" "lighting this bla bla that." this tread is pointless as of now until they release the patch.

I'd say you are a PC gamer who owns consoles. When I say console gamer, I mean someone who only owns a console.

I think its better we don't engage for the sake of this thread. I'd rather it stay alive.

All the best to you . I hope you have a good Witcher 3 Experience while you are still playing.

Only Jose. Only he said that game will downgrade after 35 min demo.HE SAID IT. DOWNGRADE WILL BE!!!!!! EVEN AFTER 35 MIN DEMO

This interview was after 35 min demo.

Listen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEFBVIKrKco#t=0m58s

What he said. Technical artist created tool that can scan and know if there is too many vertex, comlex materials, and so on, and we can reduce that things. And in this time the guy said to him be carefule! Fans will call this downgrade. And Jose did not deny this. And he said YES. But we get extra FPS after that.

He even said that IGNI sparkle will be optimazed(downgraded) too. He said that IGNI sparkles was unoptimazed in 35 min demo.

So downgrade is real, and actually confirmed many many time ago with this interview. So do not keep repeating about this. We and DEV team already know this. There is no need about talking downgrade anymore.

Now we must focus on makeing this game look more beautiful with mods. So this thread will be more usefull if we talk about this, but not repeat that CDProject downgraded game.

This is what i mean you have said that multiple times now. Beter just wait for the patch. I mean if you look trough the pages of this tread it the same thing every time being said. "2013 graphics this" horrible grass" "lighting this bla bla that." this tread is pointless as of now until they release the patch.

Nah this thread isn't pointless , Its like a constant reminder to CD Projekt red that they have something on their to do list. At least thats the way I see it , I'm not going to try to be a downer or rant , there isn't a point . I've been a broken tape recorder when it comes to what I would love to have in a patch and said my piece . I think thats all thats needed to do.

People that Need to vent need to find some other area.

"2013 graphics this" horrible grass" "lighting this bla bla that." this tread is pointless as of now until they release the patch.
Could I add the colour palette of 2013, more photorealistic and less vivid colours, this may be result of the current rendering engine tho.

Last edited:
Only Jose. Only he said that game will downgrade after 35 min demo.HE SAID IT. DOWNGRADE WILL BE!!!!!! EVEN AFTER 35 MIN DEMO

This interview was after 35 min demo.

Listen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEFBVIKrKco#t=0m58s

What he said. Technical artist created tool that can scan and know if there is too many vertex, comlex materials, and so on, and we can reduce that things. And in this time the guy said to him be carefule! Fans will call this downgrade. And Jose did not deny this. And he said YES. But we get extra FPS after that.

He even said that IGNI sparkle will be optimazed(downgraded) too. He said that IGNI sparkles was unoptimazed in 35 min demo.

So downgrade is real, and actually confirmed many many time ago with this interview. So do not keep repeating about this. We and DEV team already know this. There is no need about talking downgrade anymore.

Now we must focus on makeing this game look more beautiful with mods. So this thread will be more usefull if we talk about this, but not repeat that CDProject downgraded game.

Kudos to you but saying the 'd' word is real and not repeat that cd projekt has 'd'ed the game is a contradiction , just saying athough I am fully in support of not mentioning the D word.

---------- Updated at 12:38 PM ----------

Could I add the colour palette of 2013, more photorealistic and less vivid colours, this may be result of the current rendering engine tho.

Go to SweetFX https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/game/970/

The amount of varieties of the E3/VGX Colour palette should tell you how much people love the look of the trailers.

@MasterZone

Mightbe, because CDPR doesn t force STEAM with TW3 ;)

Dont you think? So Valve just records the gamers they rely on steam no matter what.

OT:

I have played the game for a week now, i must say THIS GAME LOOKS FUCKING AWESOME
Does it look different? YES! Does it look worse? FUCKING NO!!!! But yes this is of course
influenced by personal subtile taste. Most of the Effects are IN the game (i ve seen in 35 min demo)

So... everybody who screams "downgrade" might define that term more precisely...
For me this word implements "CUT OUT FEATURES" i mean complete CUT OUT here.
I don t have seen complete CUT out things... all effects are IN THE GAME. Obviously CHANGED
but that is acceptable... since you must keep in mind not everybody has a HIGH END PC.

Only thing I personally MISS a bit, more dense particles but *shrugs* it might be come back.
(for example when the ladys of the woods finally show themselfes)
I bring this up, because the nebula WORKS obviously IN GAME (fogling sidequest)
So might be a bug in the cut scene, i assume.

So summary is: GAME GRAPHUCKS have changed yes, BUT does it looks
BAD? FUCKING NO it looks awesome!
. Not to mention that this is not the point
WHY The Witcher 3 is EPIC.

@MasterZone

Dont you think? So Valve just records the gamers they rely on steam no matter what.

OT:

I have played the game for a week now, i must say THIS GAME LOOKS FUCKING AWESOME
Does it look different? YES! Does it look worse? FUCKING NO!!!! But yes this is of course
influenced by personal subtile taste. Most of the Effects are IN the game (i ve seen in 35 min demo)

So... everybody who screams "downgrade" might define that term more precisely...
I don t have seen complete CUT out things... all effects are IN THE GAME. Obviously CHANGED
but that is acceptable... since you must keep in mind not everybody has a HIGH END PC.

Only thing I personally MISS a bit, more dense particles but *shrugs* it might be come back.

Could I advise you not to use caps on every other word , its quite distracting.

Can I kindly suggest not trying to engage in an unfriendly banter. I'd rather this thread no shut down.

Again I need to pull out my how to fix this simply guide.

The simple way to fix this would be to release Lighting Tweaks and UHD Meshes/Textures for Main Character Faces/Foilage/Environment and Soft Particles(Patch).

Call this UberUltra Setting . People who run the game at Medium High would still have the SAME performance . People who have crazy rigs will be able to run UberUltra. Everyone wins.

Sorry If I sound like I am repeating myself for the billionth time I really do apologise to anyone reading this twice.

The Game Looks fine , Its probably one of my Favorite RPGs of all time. The Sword of Destiny Trailer looks Drop Dead Gorgeous. I'd Kill to have those visuals patched in.

Last edited:
@MasterZone

OT:

As I said earlier, I still enjoy The Witcher 3 very much. I bloody cried when the Baron was telling me the truth and when he named his child. First time a game made me do that.

As I said earlier, I still enjoy The Witcher 3 very much. I bloody cried when the Baron was telling me the truth and when he named his child. First time a game made me do that.

INDEED, thats what i meant at the end ;)

The Game Looks fine , Its probably one of my Favorite RPGs of all time. The Sword of Destiny Trailer looks Drop Dead Gorgeous. I'd Kill to have those visuals patched in.

Thats what i meant with personal preferences... and doesn t speak that for the graphic quality?
I prefer the current look over SOD, my personal reference was the 35 min demo all the time.
And i think you can see the improvements CDPR have made since then. I am sure REDs
will bring more options soon enough. No EE but i think this isn t necessary at all.
We will see ;)

For the "be not unfriendly" point... i am not unfriendly at all... didn t attack anybody...
the BOLD things i used ... i just took in TO distract the eyes :p . Just to tell my opinion
on this matter and show whats important. I also will not bother in any way more now.
I refused to post in all the threads about it. I will not get involved now. Lets call this just
a outburst, since i think REDs deserve our respect for their accomplishment they pulled
off with this epic game.

Last edited:
kenjigreat;1698246 The game Looks Fine. The Game is awesome. Its Probably one of the Best RPG ever made It doesn't look like the Sword of Destiny Trailer. A Patch that would make it look the the Sword of Destiny Trailer -Lighting Tweaks said:
Exactly, as I said the game is great but it could have been fantastic.

I hope everyone realises that you can feel the Witcher 3 looks fine as it is but still yearn for How the Sword of Destiny Trailer looks like. Its why this thread is here . Not to Yell Downgrade - That is very pointless and will just get this thread shutdown.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom