Witcher 3 Graphics

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, whatever was done to the grass in 1.04, is damn magic. It looks so much better now! No more ugly sprites, but lovely blades of grass, Great job CDPR!

a new video making a comparaison between the 2013/2014 trailers/demos with the retail game by digital factory:
speechless... :eek:

Some folk dont get it seriously, that comparison picture is from a different time of day, so that compare is false as hell.
This would be a valid point if it wasn't impossible to recreate that lighting. The swamp looks bad at all times of the day, I even played around with console commands and even during all the weathers it looks bad. They removed the atmosphere, the fog, the lighting, and nothing will bring it back. The water especially is awful now and don't even start on Geralt's face.

Far more importantly consoles and high end PCs have vastly different capabilities.
It makes zero sense to create a game that can only be played on the top 5% of PCs because only they can achieve the graphic quality and an acceptable frame rate.

they do have that is why you have pc version and console version of the game.I couldn't care less how game is looking / working on console because i don't play on any of them.But for pc version game should have been released in the same top notch state we were shown in 2013/ 2014.
But they did make PC game that only small amount of people can play on highest settings with high frame rate and the rest of people would be able to play it on any other graphic quality that their pc can handle like low,medium,high.....etc But CDPR made this shameful downgrade.
I am so very disappointed with this

If there was an option to delay TW3 PC for another year like Rockstar, I would choose to wait if it meant a brilliantly optimized, visually stunning game.

Did someone order grass?

Grass shall be served

If you tell me how to cap it, gladly. There a screenhots subfolder, but I didn't find any mappable hotkey for it

What about simple PrintScreen key?
And you for yourself see any difference in quality? As I heard it was about texture rendering for high and ultra settings?

---------- Zaktualizowano 20:06 ----------

Did someone order grass?

Grass shall be served

Correct me if I'm wrong but grass itself is better and lighting a little bit better?

Last edited:
And you for yourself see any difference in quality? As I heard it was about texture rendering for high and ultra settings?

Eeeh, the game hates me. I capped it by Dxtory, uploaded by IMgur, looks like shit. The pics above do it a better justice.

Basicaly the main change is higher resolution of the grass cluster assets, so they don't stand out so much, they're not so blurry anymore. You can see the blades of the grass now, much sharper, the look is more like the first screens presented.

---------- Zaktualizowano 20:06 ----------

Correct me if I'm wrong but grass itself is better and lighting a little bit better?

The grass does seem better yes when I compare it to screenshots from before the patch.

Version 1.03

Version 1.04

The enchaned lighting you are seeing is from the SweetFX/Reshade preset I'm using which you can find below.
https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/3733/

Last edited:
source?
however, this doesnt change the fact that they have NOT decieved us. They have shown us plenty of gameplay footage before release, enough time for anybody to demand refund. If you feel betrayed than its your own fault. So dont blame CDPR
Here are the sources.
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/32644-Obvious-Downgrade?p=1525774&viewfull=1#post1525774
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/30086-The-Witcher-3-Modding?p=1662536&viewfull=1#post1662536
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU9rlkCOk9E
and they DEFINITELY deceived us because they've been saying for years that our game would look better than any trailer we've seen and nothing would be downgraded, instead our game looks worse than the 2014 gameplay video that was running real-time. The game was downgraded immensely and CPDR lied about it period, even the tech demos they showed off were lies. Another thing that they may have lied about are the 5,000 open-able doors in Novigrad, I've opened a lot but that number seems far too high. Regardless the interiors are very lacking but that's just a nitpick ^^.

But yeah even the recent Eurogamer article was misleading, it was little more than damage control just like something Ubisoft would publish to further brainwash fanboys. It's a shame CDPR has acting like this, many of us were played like fools for trusting them.

Those sweetfx changes just ruin what the devs where going for. Actually playing the game with and without sweet fx fully maxed out at dsr 4k. It looks lots better stock and you'll notice little things like lighting torches makes a good difference. Where as with sweetfx most profiles just de color and ruin the lighting in my opinion. Only way for the game to get better lighting wise is if they add global illumination which I doubt will happen. Game is looking even better after these recent patches. I think super high res helps also lol

Does anyone know the mechanics of that atmospheric fog that was dropped from the final build.
Is that just volumetric fog? Or is it something more/less complex.
I want it back and I'm wondering if its a big expectation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom