Witcher 3 Graphics

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,

I specifically made an account to join you guys in this discussion.
I want to show my support, especially for people like Kenjigreat.

I am an EXTREME Witcher fan. Played both 1 and 2 multiple times and read all the books.
CDPR was my number 1 group of developers. I admired them.

For years....And I mean YEARS, I have anticipated the Witcher 3. I expected the Witcher 3 to set a new standard graphically, just like the Witcher 2 did.
Not in the least because CDPR insisted until the end that the Witcher 3 would blow us away on PC on ultra-graphics settings.

I cannot repeat often enough how intensely disappointed I am in what CDPR has done. The game is qualitatively hardly any different on pc compared to PS4. This tells me something is very wrong here.
Saying that the VGX graphics are impossible on a high end PC is nonsense. Absolute nonsense. Look at the graphics of AC:U. They are marvelous and make the Witcher 3 look like a disgrace.
There was a time that PC games were made future proof, with only high end PC's being able to play them on ultra. Afterwards a downgraded game would be made for consoles.
Now, PC games get downgraded to be on par with consoles and CDPR joining the club as well as lying till the end that we could reproduce those 2013 graphics on PC, plus the review boycott on PC, just shocks me beyond belief.
I am so disappointed in them. I NEVER expected this to happen.
And in all honesty, the Witcher 3 graphics are nothing to write home about.
It;s the console players that are lyrical about it because they don't know better.

I have waited for years, and I have learned my lesson. I am, never again, going to anticipate a game from CDPR like that again.

I just find it interesting that people always say Gameplay before Graphics , yet the posts show otherwise ....

You're implying the people who want gameplay before graphics are the same people who demand better graphics - and in some cases I'm sure there are hypocrites, but generalizing and assuming gets you nowhere.

A lot of people forget that these people are all different. This isn't some hive mind. You might see a ton of outcry for something in one place, but you can find an outcry for something else if you look elsewhere. There's always another side of the coin.

---

On the topic of "graphics", though: I'd just like the old blood splatter on hits to return as an option.

Also, this issue wouldn't exist if CDPR didn't bite off more than they could chew. The cries of "downgrade" would never exist if they had just planned better. And don't get me wrong, I don't agree that CDPR should be attacked in any way, but they did cause this in the end and need to learn their lesson for the future. They showed off something that they didn't have the resources or time to fully realize, and when they realized it wouldn't be possible it was too late, people had already seen what they think "could have been", but it was never possible to begin with. I'll honestly give CDPR the benefit of the doubt because this kind of thing isn't uncommon in game development. They made a simple error that should never have happened, but it did and now they can only just move on.

---

Another interesting thing to note about the post regarding the mindset of people in the past vs present: Realism is a double-edged sword. It's impressive when done correctly, and ugly when it isn't. People live in reality, and therefore all humans (of their right mind) know exactly what realism is supposed to look like. When you come up short on your realistic artistic approach that flaw is more obvious because the human eye naturally spots what doesn't belong.

In this same sense style is subconsciously given more leniency. This is something to think about for anybody, but especially artists and game developers.

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

I specifically made an account to join you guys in this discussion.
I want to show my support, especially for people like Kenjigreat.

I am an EXTREME Witcher fan. Played both 1 and 2 multiple times and read all the books.
CDPR was my number 1 group of developers. I admired them.

For years....And I mean YEARS, I have anticipated the Witcher 3. I expected the Witcher 3 to set a new standard graphically, just like the Witcher 2 did.
Not in the least because CDPR insisted until the end that the Witcher 3 would blow us away on PC on ultra-graphics settings.

I cannot repeat often enough how intensely disappointed I am in what CDPR has done. The game is qualitatively hardly any different on pc compared to PS4. This tells me something is very wrong here.
Saying that the VGX graphics are impossible on a high end PC is nonsense. Absolute nonsense. Look at the graphics of AC:U. They are marvelous and make the Witcher 3 look like a disgrace.
There was a time that PC games were made future proof, with only high end PC's being able to play them on ultra. Afterwards a downgraded game would be made for consoles.
Now, PC games get downgraded to be on par with consoles and CDPR joining the club as well as lying till the end that we could reproduce those 2013 graphics on PC, plus the review boycott on PC, just shocks me beyond belief.
I am so disappointed in them. I NEVER expected this to happen.
And in all honesty, the Witcher 3 graphics are nothing to write home about.
It;s the console players that are lyrical about it because they don't know better.

I have waited for years, and I have learned my lesson. I am, never again, going to anticipate a game from CDPR like that again.

I don't regret buying the game twice , I got the PC GoG and PS4 Collector's Edition . I will still stand by this game being fantastic in the way its crafted. The attention to detail in side quest alone is quite remarkable.

Do I think this game sets the bar graphically , nope , I think Metal Gear Solid V looks better , just based off Ground Zeroes . My Personal Opinion.

I can understand people feeling disappointed and having negative feelings towards the game the 'd' word often brings that out.

I'm still in the somewhat great optimism that either a patch or mod/mods will bring this game to the Sword of Destiny Level that Wowed us back 1 year ago.

---------- Updated at 01:30 PM ----------

You're implying the people who want gameplay before graphics are the same people who demand better graphics - and in some cases I'm sure there are hypocrites, but generalizing and assuming gets you nowhere.

A lot of people forget that these people are all different. This isn't some hive mind. You might see a ton of outcry for something in one place, but you can find an outcry for something else if you look elsewhere. There's always another side of the coin.

---

On the topic of "graphics", though: I'd just like the old blood splatter on hits to return as an option.

I don't see why there must be a Choose gameplay or graphics , we live in the year where games , voiceacting , technology has made games look and feel more immersive than ever.

I remember playing games like Titan's Quest , Knights of the Old Republic ,Heroes of Might and Magic 3 . Those games were great and still are . But they were bound by the technology of the time . If Knights of the Old republic was remade in Today's Graphics I would buy it in an instant . But I digress, we are here to discuss Witcher 3's Graphics in which most people here feel is adequate and great at times but could certainly look a lot better.

Guest 3822490

I don't , do you see me demanding from CD Projekt a schedule or telling them they need to release a Patch NOW? The developers need to take time if they want to respond I can understand that.

I'm just waiting. I keep repeating myself because people keep bringing up the whole unoptimised argument which is a very misinformed. Somehow thinking better Ultra settings would make it unplayable for the average user. If people stop bringing up that argument and claiming it to be gospel I would have saved myself a lot of time.

I actually did sleep very very well about 16hrs ago for 7hrs which I heard is good enough for most people.

The fact that this thread has 68 pages and a ton of views and the fact that the Most downloaded SweetFX presets contain the words Sword Of Destiny/E3/VGX/2014/2013 Shows that not just a minority of PC gamers want this.

I have always stated in my post I will not flame the developers or use yell the 'd' word . I'm actually just here sitting patiently exercising my right to post.

I'm probably going to be here on and off while I listen to music and leisurely read different forums/and while I'm not playing the game . So if you are sick of me , I'm sorry. Plan => Keep This Thread ALIVE. Developers need to know there are people that won't curse them out /yell boycott or threaten them and these people love the game and think the game can look better.

---------- Updated at 01:13 PM ----------

I think you are using a very weak strawman argument , I cannot speak for everyone here but I personally adore the game .

Its just that like so many people here I feel that this game could benefit strongly from how the VGX/Sword Of Destiny Trailers look.

It would really add to the immersiveness and atmosphere of a dark world.

Besides , I could spend 10+pages discussing the subtle details I love , the amazing sidequest , the time I spent with Gwent and how much I love the gameplay but I would be in the wrong thread.

Yes it is a minority of pc gamers compared to those What? less then 100 people on this forum that share the same opinion as you is nothing compared to those hundred thousand or even million people that play the game that don't really care about this whole graphic thing. And for the whole we need this thread to remind the developers is just total nonsense, because the developers already KNOW this along time ago.

Let me ask you guys this , if you haven't seen the 2013 trailers and such , would you still be of the opinion that the game could have looked better? Be honest now , if you had completely no reference to any gameplay material?

Let me ask you guys this , if you haven't seen the 2013 trailers and such , would you still be of the opinion that the game could have looked better? Be honest now , if you had completely no reference to any gameplay material?

If I haven't seen it I'd still think this game needs a HD Texture pack , some textures look absolutely abysmal , its the nature of the open world game.

Skyrim benefitted from many HD Texture packs.

I don't regret buying the game twice , I got the PC GoG and PS4 Collector's Edition . I will still stand by this game being fantastic in the way its crafted. The attention to detail in side quest alone is quite remarkable.

Do I think this game sets the bar graphically , nope , I think Metal Gear Solid V looks better , just based off Ground Zeroes . My Personal Opinion.

I can understand people feeling disappointed and having negative feelings towards the game the 'd' word often brings that out.

I'm still in the somewhat great optimism that either a patch or mod/mods will bring this game to the Sword of Destiny Level that Wowed us back 1 year ago.

The game is great. It truelly is. I'm about 40 hours only of side quest and exploring the world trying to do many things waiting if a miracle happen for one huge graphics patch.

What I don't share buddy is that modders can bring those graphics backs. There was complex facial animation ;nvdia technology especially made it for this game and features like flexible water simulation ( using Aard) that no modder in this world can possibly bring back to life. Those asset are created by a whole team working years and they already made those features.

You can add more models ; textures draw distance. Like skyrim did but you never will be able to change some core drastic asset from the game ( like characters movements)

One of the things I truelly miss from the 35 minutes is the animation for example. Well I'm very glad we can all discuss properly and be polite each others. It's a really good move to finally reach our words to the developer. We don't need the patch right now. Just to know they will working on it and prove again Cd projekt love Pc gamers and would try to fix their mistakes

Last edited:

Guest 3822490

Yeah i think it would be different and that is how developers should do it now NO hype trough pre rendered trailer or scripted areas of one level.
I think that if the developers didn't show anything than this whole graphic thing thing wouldn't be so blown up.

Last edited by a moderator:
As i said the game is great but all of you have seen how it was before the release, anyway what is done has already been done that's true. Now they are working on patches and expansions and since I don't think there is any way to have an answer if these effects will be added, they could at least release the Redkit.

Yes it is a minority of pc gamers compared to those What? less then 100 people on this forum that share the same opinion as you is nothing compared to those hundred thousand or even million people that play the game that don't really care about this whole graphic thing. And for the whole we need this thread to remind the developers is just total nonsense, because the developers already KNOW this along time ago.

This is getting very off topic , debating how many people care about this 'issue' is not what this is about its called 'Witcher 3 Graphics'.

If you are here to yell at us and call the people here an insignificant minority you are in the wrong place.

We do not wish to flame , or start venomous arguments.

If you do not care about this is issue , its fine , no one is bothering you. If you think lots of people do not care about this issue , you are entitled to your own opinion. We are here because WE care.

How would a Graphical Upgrade called UberUltra thats harder to run possibly make a worse experience for the average consumer. Years down the line people will Upgrade their GPUs , run this game at the settings they couldn't before and be astounded and praise the developers , its a WIN-WIN.

---------- Updated at 01:45 PM ----------

The game is great. It truelly is. I'm about 40 hours only of side quest and exploring the world trying to do many things waiting if a miracle happen for one huge graphics patch.

What I don't share buddy is that modders can bring those graphics backs. There was complex facial animation ;nvdia technology especially made it for this game and features like flexible water simulation ( using Aard) that no modder in this world can possibly bring back to life. Those asset are created by a whole team working years and they already made those features.

You can add more models ; textures draw distance. Like skyrim did but you never will be able to change some core drastic asset from the game ( like characters movements)

One of the things I truelly miss from the 35 minutes is the animation for example. Well I'm very glad we can all discuss properly and be polite each others. It's a really good move to finally reach our words to the developer. We don't need the patch right now. Just to know they will working on it and prove again Cd projekt love Pc gamers and would try to fix their mistakes

We can't bring it back to the Original Sword of Destiny level I'm sure , but If its close even 80% , I'll be extremely happy.

---------- Updated at 01:47 PM ----------

Yeah i think it would be different and that is how developers should do it now NO hype trough pre rendered trailer or scripted areas of one level.
I think that if the developers didn't show anything than this whole graphic thing thing wouldn't be so blown up.

Whats happened has happened , Its why I can't be bothered to use the 'd'word or deal with people who keep chanting it.

More importantly is to get the game being the best it can.

Well can you explain to me why Im seeing on YouTube more than 140 videos of witcher 3 downgrade ( Somes with 400.00 visits ; hundreds and hundreds of comment + more than 15 official gaming website that still talks about this matter + huge threads on reddist on neogaf + more than 20 Spanish and Latin American websites + jokes videos)

you can blame us and try to say we are wasting time but I'm pretty sure this discussion is more big than you think... so Big than now moderators doesn't interfere with user comments they are more objetive and let discuss this thread in Peace. Cd projekt is more aware of how.many pre orders where canceled and bad reputation is rising from this situation

Last edited:

Guest 3822490

This is getting very off topic , debating how many people care about this 'issue' is not what this is about its called 'Witcher 3 Graphics'.

If you are here to yell at us and call the people here an insignificant minority you are in the wrong place.

We do not wish to flame , or start venomous arguments.

If you do not care about this is issue , its fine , no one is bothering you. If you think lots of people do not care about this issue , you are entitled to your own opinion. We are here because WE care.

How would a Graphical Upgrade called UberUltra thats harder to run possibly make a worse experience for the average consumer. Years down the line people will Upgrade their GPUs , run this game at the settings they couldn't before and be astounded and praise the developers , its a WIN-WIN.

---------- Updated at 01:45 PM ----------

We can't bring it back to the Original Sword of Destiny level I'm sure , but If its close even 80% , I'll be extremely happy.

Yeah you know you said that exact line multiple times and im not yelling since im typing so i cannot yell maybe you if i typed in caps but i dind't so i dont see how you got the idea i was yelling. But what ever you think if you think that being here for months (If it taked that amount of time for them to release the patch) spending hours every day repeating the same line until they release your so called "UberUltra" settings than so be it no one i stopping you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well can you explain to me why I see on YouTube more than 140 videos of witcher 3 downgrade ( Somes with 400.00 visits ; hundreds and houndres of comment about this downgrade + more than 15 official gaming website that still talks about this matter + huge threads on reddist on neogaf + more than 20 Spanish and Latin American websites + jokes vide) you can blame and try to say we are wasting time but I'm pretty sure this discussion is more big than you think so Big than now moderators doesn't interfere with user comments they are more objetive and let discuss this thread in Peace. Cd projekt is more aware of how.many pre orders and bad image is letting this downgrade flow

Don't engage in this conversation , please . The moderators here will consider this off-topic and it will be a valid reason to shut this thread down. Most of us know this , people who care and are willing to engage in civil conversation are here.

I'm pretty sure ULshooter is just trying to bait.

Its 1000´s of PC Gamer Dude. And much more dont write in Forums at all. My whole Guild is pissed off big time, none of them write here.

Wow, are people seriously still bitching about graphics rather than playing the game. Good grief.

Clearly another person that is here that hasn't read any previous pages of this thread . The general consensus is the game looks fine , even great at its best moments. There are some janky stuff and abysmal textures which is expected in open world game.

The game however doesn't look like the Sword of Destiny Trailer which many people here believe would benefit the game in terms of atmosphere . If you consider that perspective 'bitching' about graphics you are free to leave your opinion.

---------- Updated at 01:56 PM ----------

Its 1000´s of PC Gamer Dude. And much more dont write in Forums at all. My whole Guild is pissed off big time, none of them write here.

Please don't engage in this discussion about amount of gamers who are unhappy, talking about the amount of people who 'care' is quite pointless and off-topic again a legitimate reason to shut down this thread.

---------- Updated at 02:00 PM ----------

Yeah you know you said that exact line multiple times and im not yelling since im typing so i cannot yell maybe you if i typed in caps but i dind't so i dont see how you got the idea i was yelling. But what ever you think if you think that being here for months (If it taked that amount of time for them to release the patch) spending hours every day repeating the same line until they release your so called "UberUltra" settings than so be it no one i stopping you.

I'm just of the opinion that it is better to have a place for discussion than to not have a place for discussion , people need to vent , other people need to keep bringing up strawman arguments , for the amount of times I've become a broke tape recorder , you should read how many different people have the same comments about Graphics killing performance for the average user.

By Vent I don't mean yell and I don't know about you but Caps are quite distracting and most people read them as yelling. Maybe I've been reading on the internet for too long.

Guest 3822490

Don't engage in this conversation , please . The moderators here will consider this off-topic and it will be a valid reason to shut this thread down. Most of us know this , people who care and are willing to engage in civil conversation are here.

No im not trying to bait its just annoying seeing you repeating and other people repeating the same thing at least if you want to talk about graphics say something about the new released patch or some new thing keep the thread fresh with new things. And your idea about the Ultra settings is not a bad idea it just how hard is for the developers to do and if they want to put all the effort to do it.

That guy said nothing wrong....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom