Witcher 3 Graphics

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd want them to go out with that franchise on a high note.
And it was so apparent that they also felt this way until it turned out to be false. I can't fathom what made them essentially take a dump on the high-end version of their game and some of us fans the way they have.

Foliage shadows, lightning, tesselation, water, all nvidia features (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SpPqXdzl7g), colors (linked to lightning? seems they tried to hide the lightning downgrade with these colors), no really it's been a big downgrade, and they lied until the end, which is the worst
Thanks to communauty, 3D vision is almost fixed, and we can get rid of a few details, I enjoy what I have got now, but once again we had to take it on ourselves after having paid, which smells bad
Greed is behind that kind of story, no one can deny at this point, I am truely sorry

Hundreds of people spent 3-4 years putting the game together so the "community could take it on ourselves" and do a few days and hours of tweaks to get what they wanted. What smells fishy is the lack of gratitude for what they built and that they even allow it to be tweaked by the community. Self-righteous indignation and spoiled brats "are behind that kind of story, no one can deny at this point, I am truely sorry."

And it was so apparent that they also felt this way until it turned out to be false. I can't fathom what made them essentially take a dump on the high-end version of their game and some of us fans the way they have.

Yes they did it... but it was a choice.. They basically pleased and begged in desparation that it was done because of consoles.. in both the official eurogamer article and the otherone without a confirmed source.

People know this.. don't be frustrated. It was done because of consoles. Factor in everything and make a decision. You have to weigh in

- We got a bigger game.
- The game includes many peasants and was designed for peasant hardware. It was NOT designed for what we have. What was originally displayed WAS.. what we have was NOT. This is fact, not emo.
- CDPR have demonstrated a shift in corporate policy since the witcher 2.. we the customers are certainly not their only masters anymore.

Make of that what you will.

Hundreds of people spent 3-4 years putting the game together so the "community could take it on ourselves" and do a few days and hours of tweaks to get what they wanted. What smells fishy is the lack of gratitude for what they built and that they even allow it to be tweaked by the community. Self-righteous indignation and spoiled brats "are behind that kind of story, no one can deny at this point, I am truely sorry."

Gratitude was expressed via the money so-called "spoiled brats" payed for it.

P.S. That must be even more frustrating for those hundreds of people to have their 2-3 years of work cut and watered down.

Last edited:
His opinion about the graphical downgrade is not flame bait and it really is shitty what has happened. I made my account in 2011 for TW2 and only posted recently as well. Most developers wouldn't sink so low as to release fake tech demos, E3 hype mongering trailers are one thing but tech demos?

Tech demos rarely accurately represent what the final game will look like. Do you not remember the first demos of The Witcher 2? Man those were COMPLETELY different from the final game we got.

Observe:

Gratitude was expressed via the money so-called "spoiled brats" payed for it.

The comment from the poster saying it was greed and fishy that the community had to fix the game hit me as pompus, thus my response. To say the community has rescued the game after a few weeks of tweaks, that users may or may not like, when there would be no tweaks without CDReds hard work is all I am pointing out. I want 3D, mods and community content as much as anyone and I am grateful the community is working on it, but there would be none of this without the original game which took a great deal of time an money to create.

I have bought many things in my life, it saddens me that some do not see a value in gratitude beyond payment. My boss pays me every week but a quick thank you for a job well done is not required but surely appreciated. I hope others appreciate your efforts beyond payment so you can pay it forward.

The comment from the poster saying it was greed and fishy that the community had to fix the game hit me as pompus, thus my response. To say the community has rescued the game after a few weeks of tweaks, that users may or may not like, when there would be no tweaks without CDReds hard work is all I am pointing out. I want 3D, mods and community content as much as anyone and I am grateful the community is working on it, but there would be none of this without the original game which took a great deal of time an money to create.

I have bought many things in my life, it saddens me that some do not see a value in gratitude beyond payment. My boss pays me every week but a quick thank you for a job well done is not required but surely appreciated. I hope others appreciate your efforts beyond payment so you can pay it forward.

Come on man. Are you saying game devs make games for a thank you? It's a regular business as CDPR have clearly demonstrated having backed down before the high and mighty.

And that last statement, you gotta feel real good about yourself, noted.

Tech demos rarely accurately represent what the final game will look like. Do you not remember the first demos of The Witcher 2? Man those were COMPLETELY different from the final game we got.

Observe:

I've honestly blocked out the fact that Witcher 2 exists, it's just a such step back compared to the first one. I mean if you want to simulate Witcher 2 saves before starting 3 you gotta answer 5 questions. Politics, no moster hunting and witcher contracts, mosters looking like they came from countless other Western RPGs, bleh.

P.S. That video only bolsters the fact they sold out. Even Iwinski says the first one sold more than 2 million units being a PC-only game.

Last edited:

I think the fact that anyone here would be some of the first to say thankyou publically if we got something special.

At the moment, we pretty much got what we paid for.

When the public thank CDPR, its love. When CDPR thanks microsoft, there are strings attached. CDPR went and had an affair on us, so we suffered from the worst console and no gwent cards. Either that or the ceo has no vision and just does status quo without thinking it though.

HOLY CRAP.... Random conspiracy theory.. maybe how the relationship and no gwent cards started in the first place.. cdpr could have not wanted to use xbones because they're the worst, but then microsoft saw what was happening, wanted cdpr and paid the ceo all sorts of things so he would make the downgrade happen. Xboxes need downgrades. Sorry random conspiracy theory there with no basis in truth, just a likely scenario.

Last edited:
Come on man. Are you saying game devs make games for a thank you? It's a regular business as CDPR have clearly demonstrated having backed down before the high and mighty.

And that last statement, you gotta feel real good about yourself, noted.

I work in a business and I work for money, nothing wrong with it... but who doesn't like a little appreciation after a big project. Maybe its just me? If so, disregard my input, I am getting older and more retrospect( looking back and seeking how dumb I was in the past).

I work in a business and I work for money, nothing wrong with it... but who doesn't like a little appreciation after a big project. Maybe its just me? If so, disregard my input, I am getting older and more retrospect( looking back and seeking how dumb I was in the past).

Nothing wrong with that. But I think that CDPR's own employees feel bad having their years of work chopped up, I mean wouldn't you? I'm grateful for the game, it's definitely my favorite RPG in terms of gameplay and story, no bones to pick there. But the fact that they've made some of the best (if not the best) looking games and then changed it for the worse to appease Microsoft and Sony saddens me most.

I personally preordered it, not years ago but a month before the release along with the Expansion Season pass. And I'm not inclined to request a refund because it's a great game. But as people before me said multiple times what we have now as Ultra settings should've been High while the real Ultra with all the bells and whistles should've been available in the final game.

Last edited:
I think the fact that anyone here would be some of the first to say thankyou publically if we got something special.

At the moment, we pretty much got what we paid for.... .

In my opinion its the best game I have played in a very long time and I too agree I got what I payed for, its a great value as I am half way thru and spent many hours playing already. I saw shadows on the ground as the clouds passed by the other day, I cant recall seeing that before in a game. My horse walked over to a trough and ate out of it while I was talking to another character. The side quests have been really good compared to many other games. So many little details. I usually hate the mini games but Qwent is addictive and much better than I had expected.

Observe:

That was a an alpha version LEAK and they still used all the tech they talked about. Completely and utterly different scenario.

EDIT: I should also say that TW2 looked about 10x better than that tech demo while TW3 looked 10x worse than its tech demo!

@IrregularJohn
I wish they used the combat system they showed off there lol, I liked TW1's better than the second games tbh.

Last edited:
you're right. instead of being a game that I think is a 95 out of 100, i think its a 94 out of 100 due to the slightly downgraded graphics. I'm crushed...at least until more mods come out that make the foliage less flat, which is really the only think that deducts that one point to me. "/sarcasm off".

ps don't speak for the rest of us.

I said "a lot of us" , so learn to read.

That was a an alpha version LEAK and they still used all the tech they talked about. Completely and utterly different scenario.

@IrregularJohn
I wish they used the combat system they showed off there lol, I liked TW1's better than the second games tbh.

Much of the footage from that demo was eventually shown to the public.

In that demo they explain how everything is fully parallax-mapped. The final version of TW2 doesn't have any parallax-mapping whatsoever.

And no, the combat in TW1 sucked. I'm so happy they got rid of it.

@IrregularJohn

You're reading my mind. I hated the combat in the 2nd game. It seems that a lot of folks didn't like the combat in the first game. Combat in TW3 seems to be better compared to 2 though.

Much of the footage from that demo was eventually shown to the public.

In that demo they explain how everything is fully parallax-mapped. The final version of TW2 doesn't have any parallax-mapping whatsoever.

And no, the combat in TW1 sucked. I'm so happy they got rid of it.

No it didn't. Just because you were bad at it doesn't mean it sucked.

Last edited:
I actually don't care about Cyberpunk 2077 at all, I mean I'd rather have them concentrate on the now instead of tomorrow so basically support and fix Witcher all the way through 2016.

Witcher is what got them on the map, it's dear to me unlike any other fantasy game in the world (due to its Slavic roots), so naturally I'd want them to go out on a high note if that is the last installment.

Same here. I am a hardcore Witcher fan. And I hope it will become a marvel eventually, but as it is now, I am not buying it.

P.S. That video only bolsters the fact they sold out. Even Iwinski says the first one sold more than 2 million units being a PC-only game.

You need to get your ears checked. He said 1.2 million units.

1.2 million units is really not a whole lot. It's good for what The Witcher 1 was, but today 1.2 million units would be considered a terrible flop. If CDPR wants to make a profit on such a huge game as The Witcher 3 they have to make sure the game sells a lot. The best way to do that is to release it on all platforms at the same time.

---------- Updated at 01:32 AM ----------

You're reading my mind. I hated the combat in the 2nd game. It seems that a lot of folks didn't like the combat in the first game. Combat in TW3 seems to be better compared to 2 though.

No it didn't. Just because you were bad at it doesn't mean it sucked.

Why do you assume I was bad at it? I finished the game on the highest difficulty without much trouble. The combat in TW1 is actually super easy but also super tedious. How can you be bad at just clicking your left-mouse every second and casting Igni whenever you have enough vigor to do so? My 4 years old cousin could do that. I bet he could beat TW1 on 'hard' as well.

It is better but I wish it had more of the depth of the first game.

1.2 million units would be considered a terrible flop
Said no one ever. Only massive publishers consider that a flop and only when combining three platforms, never when talking about a PC exclusive.

they explain how everything is fully parallax-mapped.
And they did not say this at all. The game does have parallax mapping too, you can see it on those fort walls which made it to the final game and a ton of the clothes and armor. Are you confusing pom for simple parallax normal maps?

1.2 million units is really not a whole lot. It's good for what The Witcher 1 was, but today 1.2 million units would be considered a terrible flop. If CDPR wants to make a profit on such a huge game as The Witcher 3 they have to make sure the game sells a lot. The best way to do that is to release it on all platforms at the same time.

Still doesn't make it right to downgrade.

---------- Updated at 01:32 AM ----------

Why do you assume I was bad at it? I finished the game on the highest difficulty without much trouble. The combat in TW1 is actually super easy but also super tedious. How can you be bad at just clicking your left-mouse every second and casting Igni whenever you have enough vigor to do so? My 4 years old cousin could do that. I bet he could beat TW1 on 'hard' as well.

He might've said one point two million. Gotta rewatch it. But, dude, you seriously need to have your ego checked, it's bursting.

Explain to me why combat in The Witcher 2 was better and not tedious with its constant rolls?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom