Witcher 3 Graphics

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
i build a new powerful pc only for the witcher 3 I lost faith in offline gaming years ago. only to find out that my friend who have hd 7870 100$ card can run w3 on ultra only nvidia hair disabled and he can't ultra the witcher 2 so big waste of money for me but still like the game they need only to put more things to do in the game and next time don't lie to us .

I think the details of the environment & characters are very good, but let down a bit by the flat lighting.

The pictures with all the ladies & Geralt is an example. I know its night, but moonlight produce glow also- The shading on the characters & boat just looks flat.
I wonder what happened during development. Night really is flat and too bright, every night.

@Zanderat Racism and dismissal?

Next-gen

i build a new powerful pc only for the witcher 3 I lost faith in offline gaming years ago. only to find out that my friend who have hd 7870 100$ card can run w3 on ultra only nvidia hair disabled and he can't ultra the witcher 2 so big waste of money for me but still like the game they need only to put more things to do in the game and next time don't lie to us .
you say he can't run TW2 on Ultra but run TW3 on ultra?!
wow. just wow.

As an ex-PC gamer going back to Wolfenstein (the original), I'll throw my 2c in.

a) PC gaming is a pain in the arse. I have to juggle compatibilities/incompatibilities left right and centre.

b) Console is just easier. I insert disc and play.

c) Games like this wouldn;t be made except for consoles. That's where the sales are. Game developers like to make money. I know, shocking news, right?

Console player since about 5 years into PS2. :)

As an ex-PC gamer going back to Wolfenstein (the original), I'll throw my 2c in.

a) PC gaming is a pain in the arse. I have to juggle compatibilities/incompatibilities left right and centre.

c) Games like this wouldn;t be made except for consoles. That's where the sales are. Game developers like to make money. I know, shocking news, right?

GOOD, leave pc gaming to the smart guys

we're talking about the TW3 graphics, past present and future.
so your post is compeletely off-topic. so please, either contribute beneficially to the thread or don't at all.
the last thing we need is a PC vs. Console war, and have the mods shut down the thread like the previous ones. (i know, i sound paranoid, but you're never too careful)

thank you for your understanding.

Cool to know I'm not the only one disappointed by how Letho looks like compared to Witcher 2. And Roach too. Only Triss looks better.

Cool to know I'm not the only one disappointed by how Letho looks like compared to Witcher 2. And Roach too. Only Triss looks better.
I'm not about to say Triss looked good in TW2 but I think she was a lot more consistent and normal looking. Triss in this game looks so weird to me most of the time and it seems like she has 3 different head models, there are 2 for sure. I think Roche looks better though.

I think they went a bit crazy with the wrinkles on the guys. Gerald & Roche aged like 15 years since witcher 2.

Last edited:
Hello. Me again.

I'm going to be cheeky and say that if you're still upset about witcher you're not playing it. Just got to the bit with the crones in the bog.. so amazing. The game is so good. It started to rain on the way too.

I have 0 faith we'll get anything like this from cdpr ever again.. they're all built for the mainstream console kids and their parents now.. but it is sweet.

Here's some screenshots from my preset. I can't complain one bit. I'm immersed.
View attachment 16249
View attachment 16250

If anyone knows how to get forum uploaded attachments to display inline let me know.

Just updated the sfx.thelazy with the latest version: https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/3742/

@Witcherman the first screenshot is my foliage solution.

Attachments

• witcher3_2015_06_04_22_53_42_612.jpg
    witcher3_2015_06_04_22_53_42_612.jpg
    386.9 KB · Views: 125
  • witcher3_2015_06_05_21_36_42_805.jpg
    witcher3_2015_06_05_21_36_42_805.jpg
    392.9 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
I wonder what happened during development. Night really is flat and too bright, every night.

@Zanderat Racism and dismissal?
Sorry about that. No offense intended. Simply tired of the incessant whining. Sure the game can be improved. But it already is one of the best, if not best looking game, out there. People need to turn down the hysteria.

Incidentally, is this still the Graphics thread, or is it turning into the Complaining about the Character Design thread?

Incidentally, is this still the Graphics thread, or is it turning into the Complaining about the Character Design thread?
both ? maybe ? :p
just kidding.
we've been behaving quite well sir, and discussing all sorts of fun stuff, especially graphic related tweaking/modding, lighting techniques and so on ^^

both ? maybe ? :p
just kidding.
we've been behaving quite well sir, and discussing all sorts of fun stuff, especially graphic related tweaking/modding, lighting techniques and so on ^^

Word. Especially since that character model thread might be riddled with spoilers and people don't seem to use spoiler tags much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom